Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AoD February update

likaq

Arcane
Another month is almost over. Nick’s working on performance-related issues and loading time, Oscar’s playing with Maadoran, I’m doing Ganezzar and polishing (yes, it means rewriting until I’m happy) religion related quests. Religion is an important matter and should be done in a proper, believable, philosophical manner. Plus, scheming if you're highjacking it. If you manage to pull it off, it should feel like an accomplishment. Not having high skills and clicking on the best lines.

Anyway, I’m very happy that all three cities have a very distinctive and unique atmosphere. Different people, different problems, different goals, and yet they are all connected and fit together. Maadoran’s my favorite so far (way, way better than Teron) and you won’t have to wait til the end of the year to play it. When we’re done with it, Maadoran and the related locations (the mountain pass, the tomb, the Ordu encampment, etc) will be released to everyone who pre-ordered the game.

Why? Well, to say thanks and give you guys something to enjoy while you're waiting so patiently, but most importantly to get some feedback and have an opportunity to tweak it and expand, should it be necessary.

Ivan made a nice wasteland creature and the animations are pretty cool. I asked for a lot less, but he surprised us all. Exploring old ruins has gotten a lot more exciting. Well, that’s about it. Since I assume that most people read these updates for the screens, let’s jump straight to it.

The topic is women. We didn’t have a lot of them in Teron because it’s a backwater little town. Maadoran is more “cosmopolitan” and open-minded, so you’ll see more women playing important roles in the city politics. Still, in that world a woman who'd make it to the top and manage to stay there is a woman who's better (harder, smarter, tougher, more driven, etc) than most men. Coincidentally, this means that such women aren't known for their sunny disposition and niceness. Live with wolves and you learn how to howl and all that.

One’s Darista, the assassins’ guildmaster. She’s a former mercenary, tough as nails, and is well liked and respected by her peers:

Strabos, the merchants’ guildmaster: “Darista runs the local Boatmen chapter. She is something of a cunt, but what else can you expect from a woman who prefers killing to raising children? She did the mercenary work for years. Joining the Boatmen was her way of settling down.”

Another (but not the only) example is Lorenza. She doesn't have any fighting skills, but she is hard to catch off guard and unprepared. Maadoran was her family's city before House Aurelian took over and she'd like to get it back. She's always well informed (knowledge is power) and usually one step ahead of you and everyone else. She'll fuck you over in an instant if you aren't careful.

She's very hard to coerce into doing anything she doesn't want to (very high checks), which means that if you want her support you'll have to make some kind of deal with her (mind you, coercing her doesn't mean that she won't have a surprise or two for you).

:bounce:

:love:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Lovely, can´t wait for this. Only thing i disliked about the beta was the walking speed of the character, the fact that your character was not marked on the map was difficult for navigation, and that was about it.

Elthosian

Arcane
Lovely, can´t wait for this. Only thing i disliked about the beta was the walking speed of the character, the fact that your character was not marked on the map was difficult for navigation, and that was about it.
Have they addressed the marking your character in the map stuff? I haven't read ITS forums recently so I don't know if they did.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom