Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AoD demo impressions thread for positive impressions

likaq

Arcane
Installing. I'm masturbating my big cock right now.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Looks interesting. Played as a Loremaster and betrayed Feng; did tasks for the local House until they asked me to go to a town that's not in the demo. Then I tried killing the raiders, because I hadn't fought anyone yet and got my ass handed to me and was given a delightful text description of my death.

I'll try another character later.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

alkeides

Arcane
Patron
Assassin plot is great but I got stuck on the loremaster after finishing Feng's initial quests.

hiver

Im wondering could the so called "diplomatic" path be enhanced with more double-crossing between the guilds.
It seemed to me that part of gameplay is pretty linear and limited. As soon as i took the first assignment for thieves i couldnt even talk to heads of other guilds.
I didnt play much so i might be mistaking but that kind of telepathy seemed rather off putting.

Instead, wouldnt it be better to implement more freedom to doublecross and work for several guilds at once at the very start and through early quests, but with consequences.
Namely guilds finding out you have been "talking" to other guilds (since they all have informants and bribed members or NPCs around) and then turning actively against you after you fuck up some bigger or several quest important for them?
Using the assassins guild more (if you have the money), also wouldn't be amiss. Or paying (in money or otherwise) the thieves to get some things done for you.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Im wondering could the so called "diplomatic" path be enhanced with more double-crossing between the guilds.
It seemed to me that part of gameplay is pretty linear and limited. As soon as i took the first assignment for thieves i couldnt even talk to heads of other guilds.
I didnt play much so i might be mistaking but that kind of telepathy seemed rather off putting.

Instead, wouldnt it be better to implement more freedom to doublecross and work for several guilds at once at the very start and through early quests, but with consequences.
Namely guilds finding out you have been "talking" to other guilds (since they all have informants and bribed members or NPCs around) and then turning actively against you after you fuck up some bigger or several quest important for them?
Using the assassins guild more (if you have the money), also wouldn't be amiss. Or paying (in money or otherwise) the thieves to get some things done for you.

Play Skyrim for that Hiver, you can join all guilds here from neferesious Black Brohood to Lofty and :obviously: College of Magic. But I agree there should be more side quests.

hiver

its good luck that codex is full of morons to quickly misinterpret things.
otherwise... who knows where these discussions might perchance lead into?

Johannes

Arcane

Geneforge 5 had factions that worked something like that, you could betray them and join others if your reputation (affected by talking to people and choosing how to deal with sidequests) was good with them and you hadn't fucked them over in a quest you did for another faction.

hiver

Im not looking at it from some total freedom to double stab and cheat factions as you will.
More in fashion of getting suddenly felippeped in the kidneys because you thought you are so smart, but didnt figure out all factions spy, bribe and overlook others so your "smooth" moves get reported to unpleasant people.
Factions being informed about your .. exploits... gives a greater flexibility then factions being telepathic.

But limits it when necessary in more believable ways.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom