Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anyone tried the Lady, Mage, Knight tech demo from gog.com?

Murk

Arcane
So apparently anyone who owns DivDiv1 has access to the LMK tech demo for free download (about 300 megs). I downloaded it but it would not run on my desktop, may try it later on either my work computer or my laptop but for now -- has anyone tried it? Impressions?

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
WHAT!!!

The Lady, Mage and Knight was actually supposed to be Realms of Arkania 4. But it was cancelled midway for reasons unknown.

This was back in the late 90's. I've scoured the internet decade+ ago for screenshots, info..anything but got zilch.

I had no idea there was a demo floating around...How do you get it??

Holy moley, this could become almost as epic as the sir tech thread!! :masturbate:

belated

Augur
I think it may be a bonus for every Divinity game actually. I don't own Divinity 2 on GOG but I own Divine and Beyond Divinity and it lets me download the demo from either of those.

You're right. My Divine Divinity also has it.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Just tried it a bit, is very, VERY similar to Divine Divinity, but is almost unplayable. Some screens:

kyGGpSe.png

YfyZktl.png
jMCNXcq.png
BUzMWaI.png
VxJ7TKz.png

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
You can see this is product of love, there are some very neat details, like how the helmet face is closed when you walk, but it opens in town or when you run...

yYXKrxa.png

BTW, running is incredibly fast, I did the entire dungeon running past the enemies. Apparently one of them is invincible and there yo avoid you reaching the second & third floors, that are completly empty...

Gord

Arcane
Funny, I always thought LMK was later to become Sacred. Obviously I mixed that up.

Murk

Arcane
Thanks for the screens Felipepepe.

The game is listed as an extra for Div1, I saw the blog post on lar.net and wanted to try it out but it seems its VERY rough and basically -- in terms of gameplay - Divinity 1.

Tho, for a 1998 game, that looks fucking fantastic. Would have blown diablo 2 away in terms of art.

mondblut

Arcane
The Lady, Mage and Knight was actually supposed to be Realms of Arkania 4. But it was cancelled midway for reasons unknown.

Good thing it was cancelled. The Divinity series might have some redeeming features, but they are still a diablow-like clickfest. I would hate to see the esteemed Realms of Arkania name sullied with such gameplay.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
This looks great even for today. Let's hope the new divinity game has a similar style.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013

Good thing it was cancelled. The Divinity series might have some redeeming features, but they are still a diablow-like clickfest. I would hate to see the esteemed Realms of Arkania name sullied with such gameplay.

Well said. However, I don't think it was being made by the same German team, only the ip was being used, or it was a spiritual sequel, or watnot.

However, I did NOT know the team then went on to make DD...interesting. Larian is German right?

Murk

Arcane
Belgian. It was a setting/fluff thing from Dark Eye, not ruleset.

I'm not familiar with it being RoA 4 -- I think that is a mistake. EDIT: Apparently LMK was being co-developed with Attic, so maybe... but it just seems like way too ridiculous of a stretch to turn RoA into LMK. Might have just been a use of the setting but a completely different game.

mondblut

Arcane
Well, it was a DSA/Aventuria (or whatever the name of the setting is, beats me) game. It was never referred to as "Realms of Arkania 4", but it was set in the DSA world.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Well, it was a DSA/Aventuria (or whatever the name of the setting is, beats me) game. It was never referred to as "Realms of Arkania 4", but it was set in the DSA world.

Once more mondblut puts it better than I. However, I think elements of the same ROA team (aka ATTIC) were working on it. Also, I dimly recall that the lady, the mage and the knight were actually the playable characters which I thought at the time would make up your team of pcs. But it was a long time ago when the net was young, so I may be misremembering.

Anyhow, I am still sad it was cancelled, even if it was click festy. Not only does it look like a fun game even today, Aventuria (Arkania) is a well reputed and beloved setting.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Funny, I always thought LMK was later to become Sacred. Obviously I mixed that up.

That was some other game which I saw a trailer of long ago, but forgot the name of. The trailer looked really cool though, better than the Diablo clone Sacred went on to become.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom