Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anyone remember the death-metal Age of Decadence promo video someone made?

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i want to show the video to someone. to this day i still think it's one of the best promotional trailers made for an RPG game, death metal music and all. it was expertly edited and it showcased all of the game's features in a way readibly accessible in 2-3 minutes.

i'd really appreciate if someone can dig it up.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
it's a very good trailer. i tried googling it some more but there is so much garbage footage of AoD (stupid fucking LP's, stupid reviews, etc) that i can't find it.

it was a much better trailer than any of the official ones.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Video is great but the music makes my ears bleed. I hate metal or whatever this "music" is called. Official trailer is way better:

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
YES! what a fucking glorious trailer! excellent editing. love it.

release trailer is alright but too generic.

Trashos

Arcane
Btw, the metal trailer is the 2nd result on youtube if you search for "Age of Decadence trailer". I remembered, because I bought AoD this week (Despair, VD, 'cause I am comin' to get ya!), and I was looking at the trailers just before that.

Trashos

Arcane
What?! The metal trailer was made by the same dude who sang praises of Undertale?!

Oh, the humanity...

Vince, you have to put this as a blurb on the back of the game box when it comes out.

I'm thinking of the release trailer right now. Foreboding ambient music. A menacing darkness. Thunder crackles in the distance, and the sentences fade in one by one as the music reaches its emotive peak:

"Tried a mercenary, died in the first fight.

Tried an assassin, died in the first fight.

Tried a praetor, and guess what?

Yes, died during the first fight."

The ebbing music hangs; mournful, tense. A beat of utter silence, and then BAM!
GOOD FUCKING RIDDANCE

BITCHING HEAVY METAL MUSIC AND CUT TOGETHER SHOTS OF INTENSE ROLEPLAYING OPTIONS AND WALLS OF TEXT AND THE LOGO BURNS THROUGH THE LAST SCENE OF THE FOOTAGE MERCILESSLY

Over it, a deep, sonorous voice speaks, each syllable fraught with the weight of destiny.

"Age...of Decadence."
(with the text "Now out at www.irontowerstudio.com")

The voice...
The voice belongs to Skyway.

:mrpresident:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom