Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anyone know any good indie STRATEGY games?

Anonymous

Anyone know any leet ones?

We should try to make a list, as i've heard of alot of good ones, just cant find any.

I like strategy games that either have lots of thinking/strategy/tactics and/or big ass amount of units for large battles, mainly, but all are good.

Greenskin13

Erudite
Stronghold. Not sure if that's indie enough, but I've got to give them props for sucking hours of my precious life away, building a castle and pillaging infidels....

Realbumpbert

Liturgist
Amerestatistic said:
Well there's http://www.shrapnelgames.com/ but I imagine you already know about that...
I would recommend that company, though my only experience with their products are the Dominions games. And what games they are! I don't believe I uninstalled the first game until the second arrived in the mail.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I just came across this one. It's called Leylines. There is a 6.4 MB demo.

From the site:
Leylines is an intriguing turn-based strategy game of exploration and conquest. Set in a fantasy world, it lets you pit your armies, magic and commerce against up to seven opponents and a horde of barbarians.

Start from a single city and work your way up to a grand empire, building new cities along the way. Train over fifty different units and cast over fifty different spells to gain the upper hand. Choose one of several different faiths which give you different abilities throughout the game. Haggle with and hire mercenaries to fight for your cause. Find heroes who can turn the tide of the battle.

I didn't check it myself yet.

Linedog

Novice
Dominions2 : much deeper than one might guess at fist glance. Active mod community. Spell system is complex enough that it requires some serious study and planning. Customizable faction leaders.

Medieval Totalwar with the Wesmod : Wesmod changes the game entirely. New factions, each faction has units specific only to it plus the various factions emphasize different tactical choices. No more vannilla battles where same unit mix and strategy works for all. Economic system has been tweaked.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom