Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anyone beat it?

CP

Liturgist
I haven't seen any postings about Prelude being beaten yet... has anyone done it? If anyone has, what'd you think of the ending? If not, I'd be curious to see how far people have gotten. If there are gameplay/bug issues that are stopping people from completing it, please post.

Thanks for your time.

CP

Carioz

Novice
Spoilers

I've got the blueprints for the Flame artifact dagger, and now I am trying to enter Jerrock; but exams got in the way of finishing the game

Maced

Novice
Trying to get into Jerrock aswell.....still try to find out what dex I need to climb that damn tree. Have a dex of 20 and still fall off.

Kyminara

Novice
more spoilers
Yeah how high do those stats need to be? A dex of 21 can't climb the tree and a strngth of 18 can't break the loose baords. Also, although the one person in Jerrok is a friend on Hyric, other people still seem to treat her as a Flame. I never really understood her story.

I beat the game. :D The ending was nice, although I expected more to happen after the last battle at the docks.

CP

Liturgist
Kyminara said:
more spoilers
Yeah how high do those stats need to be? A dex of 21 can't climb the tree and a strngth of 18 can't break the loose baords. Also, although the one person in Jerrok is a friend on Hyric, other people still seem to treat her as a Flame. I never really understood her story.

I beat the game. :D The ending was nice, although I expected more to happen after the last battle at the docks.

Congrats on being the first!

I don't know what happened at the end for you, but that final battle can happen a lot of different ways. Did anyone join you in the fight?

Now that you've beaten the game do you feel at all inclined to go back and play again or try missions that you hadn't? Thanks.

CP

Kyminara

Novice
more spoilers

Congrats on being the first!

I don't know what happened at the end for you, but that final battle can happen a lot of different ways. Did anyone join you in the fight?

Now that you've beaten the game do you feel at all inclined to go back and play again or try missions that you hadn't? Thanks.

No one joined me during the fight, but the smith who made the dagger for me joined my group as the 6th person. I probably missed some encounters going from the Priestess in the Citadel to the docks. I stayed away from the road to avoid getting beat up too much on the way. After I beat them, I crossed the river to the goddess Isle, talked to the Goddess, bled on the pedistal, and then Game over. (everyone's happy in the end except for house Baern)

Yes, I started over to try to successfully infiltrate the rebellion. I want to see what happens after that. I am stuck in that game though, because after being told to blow up the temple, I talked to the priestess and asked her about the food. Mario won't let me deliver the food, and now the game doesn't give me the option to just kill the priestess.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
CP said:

Yup, Vectrix joined me. Him and his zombies.

Any party that can solo that fight must be a hell of a lot meaner than mine was.

I'm debating on that right now. I'm thinking Druid, Acolyte, and Guardian, maybe a Bard instead of the Druid or Guardian.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom