Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anybody willing to answer some Codex Lore questions?

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In

razvedchiki

Erudite
lI78OEo.png
MTJCO7G.gif

:discohitler:

is dis ......prosperland?

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Well this has been quite nice and prosperous for us all...:prosper:

But I still have some question if anyone is willing to provide answers and such.

:creamyblood: What the hell is this? I mean I know Kurwa is a slavic insult but I feel like I am missing a lot of context.

What is up with Cleve and the neanderthal thing? Like is he trolling or does he genuinely believe? I tried to read some threads in Science but my immediate reaction was
giphy.gif
Guess I am too much of a goy.

Also, has :whatisfun: ever commented on the RPG codex balance debate thing? I saw he was holding a pen for the lulz in that interview so I am basically asking if he is a good sport.

Ninjerk

Arcane
The hula picture was part of a protest.

You can find out about Clevel on November 27th, 2015.

I don't even know what to say about Josh Sawyer at this point.

Weasel
What is up with Cleve and the neanderthal thing? Like is he trolling or does he genuinely believe?

Best not to dwell too long on whether he believes or is trolling, just spoils the fun.

Not sure if you saw it but recently I posted the background to all this in the Grimoire thread, including his conversion from someone who mocked neanderthals to someone who claimed to be one:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...light-next-friday.75724/page-589#post-3972102

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
What is up with Cleve and the neanderthal thing? Like is he trolling or does he genuinely believe?

Best not to dwell too long on whether he believes or is trolling, just spoils the fun.

Not sure if you saw it but recently I posted the background to all this in the Grimoire thread, including his conversion from someone who mocked neanderthals to someone who claimed to be one:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/grimoire™-4-microissues-remaining-demo-link-in-op-coming-to-steam-greenlight-next-friday.75724/page-589#post-3972102

"To amuse themselves, they have bred thousands of variations of dogs,
molding their flesh like common pottery beneath their hands into tiny
teacup dogs or gigantic danes, as though the magic of life were a
powerful sorcery that throbbed within the white man's hands."

TIL White people are Shapers.

Openingart.jpg

A user named cat

I made that dumb Kurwa gif, didn't mean for it to be added to smileys. It was just meant as a more annoying version of some spam pic that caused some grievance a while back. Also made that Sawyer/Roguey pic which speaks for itself.

Anyway, here is a Codex friendly version of one of Prosper's creations.

X6KyjUb.gif

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Also, has :whatisfun: ever commented on the RPG codex balance debate thing? I saw he was holding a pen for the lulz in that interview so I am basically asking if he is a good sport.

He had a good laugh when someone posted that PoE portrait of him wearing the armor with the scales on it.

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Occasionally when I play this card, I find myself thinking "He gazed too deeply into the Codex". He's probably more of an 8chan kind of guy, though.

Image.ashx

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
Cleve is a like a magical wave. If you resist it, you'll get disoriented and hurt. However, if you let the Cleve wave take you along with it, you'll be taken to a magical place where reason has no meaning.

Cleve was a libertarian nutjob in America before it was cool, and was subsequently emotionally damaged by the mildly controlled chaos that is America (read: LA riots). After being unable to withstand black anger (which is fair, black anger in the US is rarely not retarded), he fled to backwater Australia to build a survivalist bunker to protect his family and whatnot. Spending as much time as he has underground without any mental health treatment caused his madness to grow. However, what is uncertain is if he has mastered his madness and become a God-Troll, or if he has succumbed to his madness and really is the lunatic you see posting his mad ravings.

I prefer to believe that he is both, switching between identities as needed to best entertain the world not unlike some sort of internet Superman. He has thus been designated with the ubermensch tag so that others are aware to give Cleve the respect he has more than earned.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
The meaning of Abyss Gazer is clear, but where does he originate from?

:abyssgazer:

Prosper made the creature, and I thought it would be r00fles! to put it with the image guy sitting down at the computer. I forget who exactly put both these together in the above image, but I thought it fit PERFECTLY. :eek:

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
Prosper made the creature, and I thought it would be r00fles! to put it with the image guy sitting down at the computer. I forget who exactly put both these together in the above image, but I thought it fit PERFECTLY. :eek:

Couldn't agree more. Everyone involved in birthing him has my eternal gratitude.

:greatjob:

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In

So what happened to Prosper to make him like, you know? Was it one thing that caused him to snap, or just continuous low-level exposure for too long?

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
This will get lost since I joined the thread so late and it devolved into Prosper posting, but Popamole is actually a term from old /v/. Might have been on other gaming forums as well. First time I saw it on there was probably in like 2008. It became a very popular term to describe Gears of War. BLOBERT either took it from there or came up with the same name to describe cover shooters.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
This will get lost since I joined the thread so late and it devolved into Prosper posting, but Popamole is actually a term from old /v/. Might have been on other gaming forums as well. First time I saw it on there was probably in like 2008. It became a very popular term to describe Gears of War. BLOBERT either took it from there or came up with the same name to describe cover shooters.

Where do you think they got it from? Popamole is a Codex invention, specifically coined to poke fun at skyway's obsession with hating 'em and his being ESL. Otherwise it'd be whac(k)amole.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Where do you think they got it from? Popamole is a Codex invention, specifically coined to poke fun at skyway's obsession with hating 'em and his being ESL. Otherwise it'd be whac(k)amole.

lol, don't delude yourself roguey. Codex has its fair share of memes, but it has little influence outside of appearing on reddit every time a top RPGs list is compiled; and the occasional singular person like yourself or rex stirring up drama with others.

A horse of course

lol, don't delude yourself roguey. Codex has its fair share of memes, but it has little influence outside of appearing on reddit every time a top RPGs list is compiled; and the occasional singular person like yourself or rex stirring up drama with others.

Do you have a sauce? All the oldest references to "popamole" I can find via google are from the codeckz (excluding pages with anachronistic sidebars). Surely there would be somewhere outside of 4chan that referenced it before us if this is true.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Do you have a sauce? All the oldest references to "popamole" I can find via google are from the codeckz (excluding pages with anachronistic sidebars). Surely there would be somewhere outside of 4chan that referenced it before us if this is true.

Can't say I do beyond the discussions I read as a bright eyed 16 year old on /v/ about a year after Gears came out. I just very distinctly remember seeing the term and thinking it was funny back then. I mean there's a very highly rated urban dictionary definition from 2010 with no references to the codex. There are also various gamespot/gamefaqs posts from ~2010 that use the term. I'd like to think that people here don't post there... It's possible that whoever first used the term here specifically made it up themselves - it's really not hard to come to the conclusion that playing Gears of War is like playing whack a mole, which can be easily turned into "popamole"

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I was religiously reading 4chan then and I can tell you that I've only ever seen it on the Codex before there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom