Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anybody Have A MTW2: Kingdoms Executable?

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
I haven't played Medieval 2 in almost 4 years, and its been longer since I've seen my physical copy. Lo and behold, CA broke multiplayer and mod compatibility, after a Steam patch in 2014. None of the workarounds have worked for me, so I can't use the Kingdoms Grand Campaign overhaul, or, for that matter, any mod that looks for Kingdoms. I've tried torrents, but all have failed to dl, apparently none of them are compiled right or whatever. Do any of you have the Kingdoms exe, and could you upload to dropbox, or whatever client, and send me the link?

A horse of course

I could dig around my old collection since I'm back in the UK atm, but no promises. Are you sure none of the workarounds worked? I noticed there was a regedit method posted in the Kingdoms Grand Campaign mod subforum but yeah that seems to have been broken as well. Renaming a med2 exe to kingdoms worked for me a year or so ago when I was fugging around with mods iirc.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Yeah man, tried them all, even the custom launcher setup. Nothing worked. Pain in the ass.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Did you get it working?
No bro, patching the game to a previous build didn't fix. Nothing can fix this. I'm not buying the game a third time, but I'll mail CA my receipt with a complaint. See if they want to send me a physical copy, I dunno.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Try to reinstall, or get a pirate version. CA is a jerk. I ran Shogun 2 from it's exe and it worked flawlessly, they I RMA CPU and it needed to reactivate. And reactivation also updated DRM and exe which blocked running activated exe without running steam on background.

Pirate everything. Three times. Just to show your point.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Try to reinstall, or get a pirate version. CA is a jerk. I ran Shogun 2 from it's exe and it worked flawlessly, they I RMA CPU and it needed to reactivate. And reactivation also updated DRM and exe which blocked running activated exe without running steam on background.

Pirate everything. Three times. Just to show your point.
CA haven't given me one good reason to give a fuck, in almost 10 years, and I've got a strong inclination never will.

I've tried a few pirates, but they haven't compiled during dl, or somehow they're all corrupted... The issue must be on my side, whatever it is.

Maybe I'll get lucky, and Sega shed their bleeding hearts for me :hahano: Otherwise, its one more notch under don't bother.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom