Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any thread on the Codex turns into a politicized wankfest. I can't blame any dev for staying away.

Fry

Arcane
Yes, I know he technically has one, but he doesn't post here. He, instead, opts to post on tumblr of all places. Which is blasphemy to the highest degree.

He can filter the questions at his leisure and ignore the garbage. Makes sense to me.

Any thread on the Codex turns into a politicized wankfest. I can't blame any dev for staying away.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
What do you mean "not being nice"? We aren't bullies in the schoolyard telling some kid he's fat. This also isn't a safe space and that's the point. This is probably the only place on the internet where we can, and do, discuss games honestly and without much fanboying. We sometimes even have informed opinions. Like I said, if I were a developer I'd jump on that opportunity, there is almost nothing better than knowing what other people honestly think of your work. Yes, most people's opinions are going to be shit and useless, that doesn't mean there won't be something constructive in the miasma.

Prime Junta

What do you mean "not being nice"? We aren't bullies in the schoolyard telling some kid he's fat. This also isn't a safe space and that's the point. This is probably the only place on the internet where we can, and do, discuss games honestly and without much fanboying. We sometimes even have informed opinions. Like I said, if I were a developer I'd jump on that opportunity, there is almost nothing better than knowing what other people honestly think of your work. Yes, most people's opinions are going to be shit and useless, that doesn't mean there won't be something constructive in the miasma.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ntment-cancelled.110327/page-118#post-4725372

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
this is surprisingly true. The codex are always,good to promising developers with promising projects, bot newcomers like no truce , etc to vets who were froged in fiery pits of the codex like VD.

Then again most creators are self conscious and i wouldnt blame them if they lack the abilty to grow thick skin and sift trough poison swamp for gems.

We can be very harsh, and not everyone can endure those. I would say we are line anemones. Pretty much we filter the weaklings, but for those who have the makings and great endurance, they will find a comfortable space to grow, even thrive.

Fry

Arcane

It's not worth wading through the "hurr durrr California cuck" trolls, though. Maybe Sawyer actually reads threads here, who knows, but engaging with the bottom dwellers that infest this fine, fine unfiltered forum doesn't really gain him anything. If you actually read SA, there's been quite a bit of pointed criticism of Pillars offered there. Much the same that has been said here, but without the rampant jackassery.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Hahaha, keep telling yourself this bullshit! The biggest assholes on the Codex kept repeating this so many times, that even they believe it now. But the reality is that you can have the same discussion, opinion and criticism without calling names and acting like a jerk. Why would a developer came here? If he is not making a niche indie game, he would be called out in a dozen different names. And god forbid to have a different opinion, because even if you are called Tim Cain, you willl be beat into the ground and called a faggot.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Are you spending too much time in Retardo land or something? I rarely see people being called names and when I do it's rarely anything more severe than "retard". I just did a search in this thread for "faggot" and "retard" and it's around 50 instances combined in 276 pages by mostly the same 4-5 people. The rampant mouth frothing of the Codex is vastly overexaggerated. Maybe in Retardo it's worse, but who cares. The Codex might be a pit of jaded, cynical snakes, but it's not full of village idiots whose vocabulary starts with "nigger" and ends with "faggot". I really think devs are ignoring/avoiding the Codex for other, more substantial, reasons. One of them being that we aren't good PR because of our constant, justified clamoring of decline and questioning of their designs. Maybe my experience is anecdotal and very inaccurate, but that's my impression based on 1 and a half year of active posting and a few months of lurking before that.

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Are you spending too much time in Retardo land or something? I rarely see people being called names and when I do it's rarely anything more severe than "retard". I just did a search in this thread for "faggot" and "retard" and it's around 50 instances combined in 276 pages by mostly the same 4-5 people. The rampant mouth frothing of the Codex is vastly overexaggerated. Maybe in Retardo it's worse, but who cares. The Codex might be a pit of jaded, cynical snakes, but it's not full of village idiots whose vocabulary starts with "nigger" and ends with "faggot". I really think devs are ignoring/avoiding the Codex for other, more substantial, reasons. One of them being that we aren't good PR because of our constant, justified clamoring of decline and questioning of their designs. Maybe my experience is anecdotal and very inaccurate, but that's my impression based on 1 and a half year of active posting and a few months of lurking before that.
You don't have to be called a faggot dozens of times to feel that you had enough of this place. In the Tim Cain Reboot Conference thread I immediately found 2 occasions when he was called a faggot, then another few when others were badmouthing him just beause he made a different opinion (even if that opinion was questionable). And he got it lightly, because he is Tim Cain. But oh boy, if David Gaider would read the codex again, he would see some nasty shit about him.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
and without much fanboying
You have blind love for the Codex

Post a photo of an overweight dev here and see what happens
Avellone counts as a dev? Because codexers were so concerned about his weight gain that they were even inclined to pay for his gym workout hours.
That was disgustingly sweet.

because even if you are called Tim Cain
you willl be beat into the ground and called a faggot.
The same Tim Cain that praised Fallout 3 as the pinnacle of gaming and has hundreds of hours logged in Skyrim? :)
I call him a faggot... my favorite faggot!

But in the end the fact remains that you're the true faggot around here that needs to be called out. Always complaining about the Codex but always failing somehow to separate yourself from this abusive husband of yours.
Start using some ointment for those anal fissures boy! :)
Because not doing so I see it makes you bitter and resentful and as Jordan B. Peterson would say, that leads you sinking into chaos.
(and believe it or not, this is a friendly advice)

others were badmouthing him
Oh MY!!

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
because even if you are called Tim Cain, you willl be beat into the ground and called a faggot.

Well to be fair all Tim Cain needs to do is stop having sex with men and no one will call him a faggot anymore. So really all the name calling is his fault.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Can I be the guy this time who makes the pathetic-brofist-harvesting-in-group-virtue-signalling-tearjerker-Codex-patriotism-speech thats mandatory for these kind of threads?

But the Codex is one of the last places on the internet where an honest man can speak his mind without being cen-

Ach, whatever, just carry on.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Point of criticism will always be made, its just that codex does it in a more entertaining way.
You also need to be here for a fair amount of time to recognize posters that contribute alot in posts and nothing in substance.

Like the usual waste of space, one autist will get stuck on something he conciders bad in the game and without even playing it he'll waste 3 pages arguing about some pointless shit cause it doesnt fit his imaginary idea of a game. This is common occurrence. Deal with it.

Also, any fuckwad getting offended by words like retard or faggit plz report to DU for immediate watchwizzin'.

Kahr

The question that remain are:
Why do the jews want to destroy crpgs?
Does Tim Cain suck Soros' gianormous, circumcised dick?

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Except literary genius Robert Kurvitz had his dick literally sucked by Codex interviewer, and somehow he still doesn't post here. So I'm not sure if being nice to developers is going to change anything.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Pointless thread, devs love us now (thanks, Brian!), gtfo if you don't like the way things run around here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom