Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any good fast paced PC games?

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
They are very good and fun games. Very rewarding gameplay, cute looks and a great soundtrack. The difficulty is very fair if you are used to platformers.
Hmm, I tried the "demo" of Risky's Revenge. The lack of difficulty and the plane switching mechanic makes traversing the 2D stages quite confusing. It's definitely a good game for a more casual tastes.

It becomes more challenging in the later game but yes, they aren't the most difficult of platformers.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

HOLY SHIT
THAT'S THE GAME I PLAYED ALL THE TIME WHEN MY DAD INSTALLED SOME LINUX DISTRO ON MY PC FOR NO REASON
THE MEMORIES ARE COMING BACK

On the other hand, try out:
Crusader: No Remorse/No Regret
Ys VI: Ark of Napishtim/Oath in Felghana/Origin (I and II are probably the fastest, if you don't mind the bump system)
Risk of Rain
Max Payne 1/2/3
Uplink/Onlink (if you get 16 Turbo 200Ghz CPUs installed on your gateway, it's fast alright)
Strike Suit Zero/Infinity
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (not if you're the kind of person who thinks Thief is a FPS)

Obviousplant

Educated
Do Soldat and Counter Strike 2D count? They're essentially 2D FPS games. Free, both have online play and are quite fast paced.
Liero is a freeware classic in the same vein, it's a real time version of Worms.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom