Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any good fast paced PC games?

Tehdagah

Arcane
Play Doom 2 with Chillax wad

:kwafuckyeah:

Amn Nom

Learned
Crypt of the Necrodancer. Something something roguelike, something something move to the beat.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
How about games that demand your max concentration for a certain period of time (time limit), where you hafta pay attention to everything, make fast decisions, and that kind of thing? Papers, Please; FTL: Faster than Light. There are others, but I have memory issues.

grudgebringer

Teleglitch is something you could like, Arthandas. It's challenging too, if you don't mind rogue-like approach with no save system at all. As I recall I couldn't pass through 3 or 4th level cause I was too butthurt about losing everything.

Last edited by a moderator:

baturinsky

Arcane
Dynasty Warriors
I said good games. DW is for braindead buttonmashers and Kavkaz looks like seizure inducting Hotline Miami ripoff.
Empires version of DW requires some strategical and tactical thinking. Especially if you play on Hard and fight battles at disadvantage. Strategems (aka spells), control over other officers on your side give a lot of ways to control the combat.

Arthandas

Prophet
ERYFKRAD should get a FISTING BOT tag ;)

Crypt of the Necrodancer - It's for casuls. I'd rather play Dwarf Fortress while listening to Soilwork :)
Darksiders/LoK/PoP - All beaten. They have a strong exploration element so for the purpose of this thread I don't consider them a non-stop intense action.
Fighting games - I literally played every single good one on PC.
FTL - I've beat it, it's intense but not an action game...
Teleglitch - I played it and didn't like it a one bit.

I want something extreme like Devil May Cry on Turbo mode or One Finger Death Punch on highest difficulty. Instead of AAA titles or some very popular indie games, I though that maybe you know of some hidden gems like Savant: Ascent or Super House Of Dead Ninjas which I found on Steam totally by mistake.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Devil May Cry on Turbo mode
hidden gems like Savant: Ascent or Super House Of Dead Ninjas

Men. You should either get a console, or play literally any platformer of 90s on PC.

There is a lot of heavy-action games on PC, but they are mostly old, and haven't really aged well visually. Hellgate: London, or Suffering (both parts). They had some chill-out zones, but DMC had them too, as well as any action game. Otherwise, it's non-stop. Action industry has mostly moved to consoles - that's where yer gems are. Just be sure to play on max difficulty to avoid facerolling.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Crazy birds. Tetris on insane difficulty, Diablo, get a console.

Fine, serious answers.
Onimusha 3
You might really like Kingdoms of Amalur....
You could emulate monster hunter
Blades of time

Anyway I'm not sure you're looking for any action game, cause that's a very wide genre, I think you're looking for a hack and slash game.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Most good, fast-paced action games are on consoles.

Random shit from my library:

Audiosurf.
Bionic Commando Rearmed.
Broforce.
Gauntlet (2014).
Geometry Wars.
Infested Planet.

baturinsky

Arcane
What about bullet hell games (my personal favorite is Parodius series)?
Oor service games, where you serve tables or dispatch flights. They can get quite intense.

grudgebringer

Of course I'm not looking for any action game, I explicitly specified I want something extremely fast paced and difficult.
You excluded racing games, but if you want a really fast action then Ballistics is the fastest I've ever played. It requires fastest response on the edge of a sensory threshold.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ebonsword

Arcane
If the idea of taking on 20 enemies at once in hand-to-hand combat sounds fun, then Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor is worth a look.

You really need to watch what upgrades you pick up, though, because it's super easy to destroy all difficulty in the game with the right load-out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom