Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any good fast paced PC games?

Arthandas

Liturgist
Bonus points for masochistic difficulty. No FPS, shmups, racers and online games.

Here's what I played and consider great examples of non-stop action:
Devil May Cry series
Metal Gear Solid with gameplay MGR Revengeance
One Finger Death Punch
Savant: Ascent
Super House Of Dead Ninjas
Valdis Story
your mother

Last edited:

hivemind

What about games like I Wanna Be The Guy and I Wanna Be The Boshy ?

Arthandas

Liturgist
Those are torture devices, not games (though Wings Of Vi is decent).

I find learning C++ more fun than playing IWBTG.

Arthandas

Liturgist
Ys: Ark of Napishtim, Ys: Oath in Felghana, and Ys: Origin are pretty fun.
I refuse to play any jrpgs with blue/red (and any other rainbow color) haired children as protagonists/antagonists (are there even jrpgs with normal fucking people?!). IMO Valdis Story (and many Castlevania titles) are better than all Ys games combined.

I Wanna Find My Destiny seems like a non-cheap version of I Wanna Be the Guy.
Where's action in that? You just jump across big empty stages.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Starcraft
Batman Arkham Asylum/City/Knight
Alien/Zombie shooter by Sigma, also - Crimsonland.
Running with Rifles

Arthandas

Liturgist
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is all you need bro.
Felipe is THE BOOK complete? No? Go back to the basement.

As for Metal Gear Solid with gameplay Revengeance, it's awesome, I forgot to add it to my first post.
Super Hexagon
Wave Wave on mobile
Zeno Clash
Space Marine 40k
Space Marine is mediocre and while Zeno Clash is very good, I consider it to be an FPS.
Starcraft
Batman Arkham Asylum/City/Knight
Alien/Zombie shooter by Sigma, also - Crimsonland.
How can you compare the Arkham series to games like Devil May Cry?! While I think they are one of the best PC games, they are FAR from intense action I seek. I want something to give me a heart attack...
Also Starcraft is not an action game...

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
"How can you compare the Arkham series to games like Devil May Cry?! While I think they are one of the best PC games, they are FAR from intense action I seek.

It feels like rhytm game, tbh. Check the videos with arenas, where you're surrounded by dozen of enemies. And try to keep high score.

Also Starcraft is not an actio ngame...
It is. Absolute clickfest, especially when you reach Korean Level which is p.intense.

Last edited:

Arthandas

Liturgist
Everything is fucking intense on Korean level...

As for Arkham games, I don't need to check anything, I've beaten then and like I said, I consider them to be one of the best PC games. Arena challenges are extremely fun but it's just a bonus mode. It feels like low difficulty One Finger Death Punch :)

deuxhero

Arcane
Ys: Ark of Napishtim, Ys: Oath in Felghana, and Ys: Origin are pretty fun.
I refuse to play any jrpgs with blue/red (and any other rainbow color) haired children as protagonists/antagonists (are there even jrpgs with normal fucking people?!). IMO Valdis Story (and many Castlevania titles) are better than all Ys games combined.

Good news! Adol is 19 in Oath in Felghana and 23 in Ark of Napishtim! Oath's player characters have brown and blonde hair (and may be adults. Exact age is never given)

Coyote

Arcane
Super Meat Boy - fast-paced due to the level design and instant respawn upon failure, masochistic difficulty starting at around the dark world version of Salt Factory (earlier in some of the glitch worlds), and it just ramps up from there.
Spelunky - fast-paced early on due to the ghost that spawns if you linger in any level for too long and later on, when you've mastered getting through areas quickly, due to optional challenges like finishing the game in eight minutes or without picking up any gold. Masochistic difficulty if you go through hell or attempt any of said challenges.

Both are primarily platformers, so it'll depend on how much you care for that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom