Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ANTHEM - failed Destiny clone from BioWare

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
4fc.jpg

Can't wait for BioWare's take on the free to play card game market.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...rvice-game-delayed-to-eas-next-financial-year

BioWare's new "live service" game delayed to EA's next financial year
Date with destiny.

BioWare's big new game has been delayed into EA's next financial year.

It was once planned to come out during this financial year - so at some point between April 2017 and March 2018.

Now, it'll come out at some point between April 2018 and March 2019.

Not much is known about BioWare's new IP, but we do have a few snippets of information. It's codenamed Dylan. It's developed primarily by BioWare's main office in Edmonton, Canada (Mass Effect Andromeda was built primarily by offshoot BioWare Montreal). It's an action adventure game as opposed to an RPG. And it's built around a "live service". Based on comments from EA executives, it sounds a bit like the mega publisher's answer to Destiny.

Explaining the delay in a financial call last night, EA said it was pleased with the progress BioWare was making but it decided to "add more to the disruptive new social designs for our players".

"We're very excited about this opportunity for a new franchise and we want to further develop the live service component," EA's Blake Jorgensen said.

The delay sparks an obvious question: did the mixed reaction to Mass Effect Andromeda influence EA's decision to give the developer more time to nail its new IP?

You'd think yes, but EA boss Andrew Wilson insisted the answer to that question is no (brace yourself for corporate doublespeak).

"In terms of the new IP, the choice to move the new IP and what happened with Mass Effect are completely unrelated," he said.

"The realities is we have a creative process. As a company, creativity and pioneering is really important for us.

"Now, innovation in games is important more now than ever. And as a leader in the industry, we see it as our responsibility to innovate. And as part of our creative process - and I get to be involved in that creative process - we recognise that there was so much more opportunity in a connected network social world to do some things in the new BioWare game that had never done before and we don't think anyone is going to do anytime soon.

"But by virtue of our network, our cross-platform presence and our scale, we think we can do that. And we chose to give the team some more time to deliver against that innovation because we believe players are looking for the kinds of things that we plan to put into that game."

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Action adventure, lol. At this pace they'll end up churning a few walking sim "experiences" until EA pulls the plug.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
"They tried something, it was shit, so they're starting from scratch."

Also, once again, LOL at that talk that a guy was wearing a t-shirt with the new IP like 2 years ago at E3.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
And people said Bioware was out of the race with CDPR's Cyberpunk 2077 now that Andromeda turned out the way it did. Oh ye, of little faith.

:codexisfor:

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
I mean ok, that could be any generic EA game. Why Bioware? Does EA think that gives credibility to a generic 3p action skinner box?

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Seems like the natural evolution of Mass Effect, since it was basically an action series anyways.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There'll be more about this tomorrow at Microsoft's press conference.

Tom Selleck

Arcane
It's not like I'm sad that Bioware is dead (it's been dead for a while) but it's like when you see your fat ex-gf's obituary or something

also she married a black

Gerrard

Arcane
Don't you just love that "late on the bandwagon" feel some games have?

Also needs more wall jokes.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I see they are using Frostbite again. That's surprising considering how all of Andromeda's woes were apparently the fault of a bad engine.

Also that trailer felt sort of inclusive but not really BioWare inclusive if you know what I mean.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
I see they are using Frostbite again. That's surprising considering how all of Andromeda's woes were apparently the fault of a bad engine.

Also that trailer felt sort of inclusive but not really BioWare inclusive if you know what I mean.

Bad engine for RPGs. :M

Rev

Arcane
Frostbite has nothing to do with ME:A's problems. The game is such a turd because the devs were complete hacks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom