Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ANTHEM - failed Destiny clone from BioWare

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.ea.com/games/anthem

https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/anthem/anthem

http://www.pcgamesn.com/bioware-man...ing-new-series-to-gdc-no-one-batted-an-eyelid

Bioware man wore t-shirt advertising new series to GDC, “no one batted an eyelid”

It’s not the conventional way for EA to make an announcement, but it certainly beats an email ahead of an investor call. Fans are frantically searching for images of Bioware staffer Alistair McNally, after the design and art head covertly revealed a new series from the seminal RPG studio.

Bioware were in San Francisco last week, nominally for a Dragon Age: Inquisition postmortem at GDC. But McNally took the opportunity to air an unannounced project - emblazoned on his t-shirt.

While GDC attendees rifle through their photos for glimpses of the wandering designer, we’re left to speculate. McNally’s role encompasses the work of Bioware’s studios in Edmonton, Montreal and Austin, so it’s tough to narrow down the possibilities.

Two E3s ago, the company talked about a new “contemporary” game, unrelated to previous efforts, in the works at Edmonton. And before his move to Beamdog,Dragon Age lead writer David Gaider had moved onto an unannounced project at the original Bioware studio.

Meanwhile, The Old Republic’s Bioware Austin are hiring for something new. Their last step into the unknown, Shadow Realms, was cancelled before we could get to grips with its co-op dungeoneering.

What new thing would you like to see emerge from ye olde Bioware?

Last edited:

Fry

Arcane
PR flacks take note. Most pathetic attempt at hype generation ever conceived.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
BioWare's new IP was "revealed" at GDC, but nobody noticed

A funny thing happened at the recently concluded 2016 edition of GDC. BioWare, the studio that gave us Mass Effect, Dragon Age, The Old Republic, and many others, revealed the new thing it's working on. And nobody noticed.

“Revealed” may be putting it a bit strongly, as no official announcements were made. But Alistair McNally, BioWare's senior director of creative development, said on Twitter that the secret was there for all to see.

The obvious irony is that those tweets were actually posted three days ago, and nobody noticed them either.

LOL.

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
What does it even matter? A name doesn't mean anything unless theres some screenies or a video

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
What does it even matter? A name doesn't mean anything unless theres some screenies or a video
If Obsidian announced a name and nothing more there would be a 20+ page thread for it on the Codex before noon. We don't care anywhere near as much about Bioware but I'm sure we could manage at least 10 pages of discussion.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Whatever Obsidian announces, there will be hordes of Codexers having hateboners for Sawyer and Avellone fanboys crying how it would have been the bestest game evar if Chris was still with the company and had full control over the project.

Bioware's fallen far that people not being interested in their new IP is more newsworthy than them having a new IP

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not even excited a little bit too. After that turdfest that is inquisition, and all of of the old school members bailing, nothing can get my trust back.

Still couldnt believe i wasted 60 bucks and used to get hyped on that, assuming they are getting their shit together after da 2.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You mean the group of people responsible for ME2, DA2, and ME3?
i like mass effect 2. it's flawed by any means, but it felt like the last bioware game that have a little shred of "soul"
+M

as for ME 3 and DA 2, i was too much a fanboy to admit their massive :decline:, until inquisition came and finally hit me with a brick called rEAlity

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I bet they would got lots of attention if those t-shirts were on some hot babes.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I bet they would got lots of attention if those t-shirts were on some hot babes.
For all the wrong reasons of course.

Its marketing 101, you look at you customer base and see whats gonna attract their attention.

And for some mysterious reason for which science still didnt find answer too, men pay attention to hot, skimpy dressed women.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
For all the wrong reasons of course.

Its marketing 101, you look at you customer base and see whats gonna attract their attention.

And for some mysterious reason for which science still didnt find answer too, men pay attention to hot, skimpy dressed women.
But that's misogynistic.

You are right, I forgot to put in the equation the current Bioware fan base.

Then again its not like purple haired land whales congregate in gaming events, well not unless there is free buffet.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
"Fans have begun scouring their GDC photos for a picture of his shirt"

Still no picture..? Lol...

Honestly until the game is out.. I can't be sure that EA won't just cancel it and fire the dev team / liquidate the office supplies - even if I was remotely interested in Bioware titles..
Big IF there...

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Bet it will still spawn a huge thread on the codex when it's announced, even with no one here caring.

Yeah, see while we don't give a shit about a new Bioware IP, we do enjoy a good laugh at their expense. Now go back to sucking their cock.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom