Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter AntharioN

The Round Peg

Educated
Last edited by a moderator:

ColCol

Arcane
Antharion, because who doesn't want their player characters to look like big-headed mutants?

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal

Terpsichore

Arcane
I hope they add a walking animation if it gets funded.

Also, mac and razer mouse. :hero:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
No 'may' about it -- it's been stalled about $4k short for days. It's not making it. There's a thread on the News forum. In short I think they should relaunch, get more publicity (seems like the Codex is the only site they engaged or that bothered to acknowledge them), and seriously considering lowering the game tier to $10. Not a commentary on the quality of their product but when Fargo offers his game for $15 then it sorts of sets the market price.

Destroid

Arcane
Not my kind of game, but it looked pretty cool, sad to see it fail short only a small amount and with such a modest funding goal.

EDIT: Yeah agreed, indies pretty much have to sell their games for $10 on kickstarter.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I gave it a bad rap because it was lacking creativity in the writing department and looked like it was trying to replicate the Exile/Avernum experience, and well, those games already exist. If you want me to preorder on faith you have to promise me something special-but-feasible. :)

Unwanted

Frian Bargo

Kosmonaut's Alt
So, it's July 13. When is this coming out? Their recent update was for backers only. If anyone backed, could you share the update?

GrimoireFTW

Learned
wow never heard about this game until now but it looks freakin amazing, so many sweet rpgs coming out, just sad theres nothing to play atm, but fuck what a year to come

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for the game, I pledged the first time when it didn't make it, and I'd rather he takes his time.

But this is the codex and I need brofists because gamification.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/879484120/antharion-an-old-school-rpg/posts/526297
Hey everyone, we apologize for the delay with our monthly update - we've been moving (including our offices) for the past week and have had limited time and connectivity. Once again we're pleased to report that everything is coming along smoothly with development. Though things are taking a bit longer than originally expected, Antharion is also developing into a game that's way better than what we had originally anticipated.
There's a well known saying in the game industry that the final 10% of project development will eat up 90% of your project's time …we're finding that this is not far from the truth. There's just a gigantic difference between something that works and something that's highly polished and ready for people to play. In terms of programming this is a real challenge for a project of Antharion's scope, there are just so many little things to test and get exactly right. That said we're very close to wrapping up all of the technical stuff, which will free up even more man power to throw at world creation.
We've done so much work in the last month that it would take forever to mention it all here (not to mention it would probably bore most of you half to death). So let's take a look at a couple of cool tangible things.... Here's our newest playable Wolfkin race (if you can think of a better name please let us know!) along with a great sounding outdoor exploration track...
Thanks again so much to each and everyone of you for your continued support of Antharion!
image-284352-full.jpg

There's a sweet piece of music too, but you should've pledged if you wanted to hear that!
:codexisfor:

Unwanted

Frian Bargo

Kosmonaut's Alt
Thanks bros. I am really looking forward to this. I know delays are common in gaming for both indies and AAA+ games, and they typically predict early dates in Kickstarters because a date a year ahead of the predicted date could result in fewer backers, but still this is a pretty big delay. I wish they had just finished up the original game they planned and then released the mega additions (extra dungeons and towns) as downloadable expansion packs. Kickstarter backers would get them for free, the rest would pay a couple of bucks for it. They could even add in extra spells and stuff into them.

The only reason I am kinda whining is that with so many great games seemingly coming out by the end of this year and all next year, I was hoping to have already played Antharion by then (basically, a sort of appetizer to the main course of :incline:)

Anyhow, have they started the Beta test yet?

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
I don't know, there hasn't been anything about it in the kickstarter updates.
And if they contacting eligible backers personally, I didn't pledge high enough to make it into the beta.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The combat system looks good, and I like he music, but it seems to be lacking in the plot department.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Update 27 was just put out~!

Progress Update 8/27 (Backer Only)

Hey guys, this past month has been really great for us in terms of progress. We're still iterating through graphics, going through the stuff we don't like or that we don't feel fits the style, trashing it, and making it anew. The style is coming together incredibly well and we're pretty excited. As we've mentioned previously development is taking longer than expected (I'm told by fellow devs that this is normal), and we're officially pushing back the release timetable to the first quarter of '14. That means the alpha and beta will either be very late '13 or else early '14. You guys have been quite patient and we really appreciate it, thanks.

So I'll be playing it sometime next year.
They also briefly go over what they've been up to and working on, unfortunately like their prior updates, it's very light on images and details.

We've been focused on adding lots of little touches, like flying birds which randomly fly around certain areas (including a vulture which circles overhead above corpses in the desert area). We also added outdoor chimneys with smoke effects and a will-o-the-wisp that will lead players to secret areas. We've also extended the dialog system quite a bit, it's become remarkably sophisticated. Certain dialog options will only be available if you have the required alignment, charisma (we changed barter to charisma which now controls barter plus affects dialog options), race, quest prerequisites, levels and of course there will be intimidation, bribery and all that stuff.

Interesting choice with Charisma there, I approve since the prior information we've received about the "barter" skill pretty much painted it as a total dump stat.
It sounds great, almost can't wait. I'm a bit sceptical of the will-o-the-wisp feature though, would need to see how it plays out, it can be nice if it's either late-game or rather gimmicky, or it can ruin exploration to some degree.

They also introduce what I surmise is a new feature they're relatively proud of.
Of course, if you want to know what it is, you should've been a backer!

no spellcheck, will-o-the-wisp is not spelt as "run-of-the-mill"

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Update 27 was just put out~!

Progress Update 8/27 (Backer Only)

Hey guys, this past month has been really great for us in terms of progress. We're still iterating through graphics, going through the stuff we don't like or that we don't feel fits the style, trashing it, and making it anew. The style is coming together incredibly well and we're pretty excited. As we've mentioned previously development is taking longer than expected (I'm told by fellow devs that this is normal), and we're officially pushing back the release timetable to the first quarter of '14. That means the alpha and beta will either be very late '13 or else early '14. You guys have been quite patient and we really appreciate it, thanks.

So I'll be playing it sometime next year.
They also briefly go over what they've been up to and working on, unfortunately like their prior updates, it's very light on images and details.

We've been focused on adding lots of little touches, like flying birds which randomly fly around certain areas (including a vulture which circles overhead above corpses in the desert area). We also added outdoor chimneys with smoke effects and a will-o-the-wisp that will lead players to secret areas. We've also extended the dialog system quite a bit, it's become remarkably sophisticated. Certain dialog options will only be available if you have the required alignment, charisma (we changed barter to charisma which now controls barter plus affects dialog options), race, quest prerequisites, levels and of course there will be intimidation, bribery and all that stuff.

Interesting choice with Charisma there, I approve since the prior information we've received about the "barter" skill pretty much painted it as a total dump stat.
It sounds great, almost can't wait. I'm a bit sceptical of the will-o-the-wisp feature though, would need to see how it plays out, it can be nice if it's either late-game or rather gimmicky, or it can ruin exploration to some degree.

They also introduce what I surmise is a new feature they're relatively proud of.
Of course, if you want to know what it is, you should've been a backer!

no spellcheck, will-o-the-wisp is not spelt as "run-of-the-mill"

Love that "new" feature. Reminds me of traveling around Ultima 6. :thumbsup: Overall, this game is looking very good (has a charm all it's own) and is just one more KS game I'm looking forward to playing!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom