Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Another RPGCodex Bloodbowl league thread

Mantiis

Cipher
Current Round: Round 10
cbblcurrentround.jpg

Current Rankings:
cbblranking.jpg

Results:
cbblhistory.jpg

cbblhistory2.jpg

Timezones:
[pre]
Coach..........Race..........GMT
Mantiis........Nor...........+10
Grunker........Ama...........+1
Grotsnik.......Orc...........+0
Yardie.........Nur...........-5
Osk............HiE...........-6
Dirk (Klavier).DaE...........-6

[/pre]

grotsnik

Arcane
LOL @ CIRCLEJERK BOLD BOWL FAGSHIT YOU BUNCH OF GIGANTIC FAGGOTS

Yes, please, Mr Mantis, sir, I would like to join your league. It's about time I got crushed by some real people.

Dirk Diggler

Scholar
I missed out on the 'fun' last time, so I definitely would like to give it a go.

lightbane

Arcane
Bah, let's give it a try and see what happens. Which race will you use btw?

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm in.

I'll be playing the High Elves. :smug:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Shit. Masochistic doesn't even cut it. Hell, I'm in for another go, why not? I'll be playing Lizardmen or Norse. Will ponder on it. Probably Norse.

Mantiis

Cipher
But I wanted to be norse :(

So if my maths is right we have six? Going backwards:

Masochist:.....Race:
Grunker.........N/A
OSK............. HiE
Dirk D............DaE
lightbane........N/A
grotsnik..........N/A
Mantiis...........N/A

Alright if anyone else wants in NOW IS THE TIME TO SAY SOMETHING.

Personally I think 6 is a good number. Can I get everyone who has signed up to pick a race, if you have picked one feel free to change it, then post here. Considering the numbers of races lets try not to double up on races (more fun). Can you then patch your game to 2.0.0.3:

http://www.cyanide-studio.com/forumBB/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=21493

then log into the multiplayer and create an account, it'll ask you to create a coach name, once you have done that post back here with your coach name. I will endeavour to create a league within the next ~12 hrs which you can all join.

Note: this will be a new teams game, TV: 1000

Also take note of the bugs when you decide on your team:

http://www.cyanide-studio.com/forumBB/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=21415

The sooner we all do the above the sooner we play. With any luck we might actually be able to play a game this weekend! :salute:

grotsnik

Arcane
:thumbsup: for organisational skills.

I'm in, under doctorgrotsnik. I'd quite like to push on with my orcy internet persona theme and choose them, but I'm not wedded to them if somebody else really wants to play with them.

Also, it's not mentioned in the stickied post in that bug thread, but apparently the undead teams' apothecary is bugged and there's something wrong with an important skill in the vampire team.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I'm gonna go either Lizard or Norse, so if someone else wants either just take it and I'll take the other.

By the way, mantiis, I think you have my coach ID already right? Otherwise it's Grunker ;)

Mantiis

Cipher
Grunker said:
I'm gonna go either Lizard or Norse, so if someone else wants either just take it and I'll take the other.

By the way, mantiis, I think you have my coach ID already right? Otherwise it's Grunker ;)

I am the same as you Grunker I can go either Lizzies or Norse :D

I am having a lot of fun with Norse at the moment - it is so weird playing a bashy AV7 team.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Mantiis said:
Grunker said:

I am the same as you Grunker I can go either Lizzies or Norse :D

I am having a lot of fun with Norse at the moment - it is so weird playing a bashy AV7 team.

Yeah, I can think of only one word to describe them: "Glass cannons." Okay, actually that's two but whatever. It's weird being all bashy and injuring stuff and having two of your own guys injured shortly after.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
My coach name is the same: OldSkoolKamikaze. I should still be on your friends list.

Looks like they upped the re-connection time to 5 minutes, so, if you get disconnected, get back in the game as soon as you can.

I just played my first game against the AI... wow, am I rusty. I still ended up winning 3-0, but a human player would have killed me.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
OldSkoolKamikaze said:
My coach name is the same: OldSkoolKamikaze. I should still be on your friends list.

Looks like they upped the re-connection time to 5 minutes, so, if you get disconnected, get back in the game as soon as you can.

Yeah, that's nice, though it's still weird that it doesn't just save the game so you can pick it up as long as the league is in the same round.

Since by internet connection isn't exactly reliable (fuck BT, seriously) and I'd rather keep that £30 and spend it on something important, like in the pub - would anyone be interested in starting/joining a fumbbl league? Not to try and steal your show or anything, but this seems like a good place to ask.

Good luck with the league Mantiis. Hope someone takes a Khemri / Chaos team and turns everyone else into mush :thumbsup:

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Played another AI match. Holy hell, the AI cannot play Vampires.

Grunker said:
Yeah, that's nice, though it's still weird that it doesn't just save the game so you can pick it up as long as the league is in the same round.

True. But it's better than what we had before.

Undead Phoenix said:
Good luck with the league Mantiis. Hope someone takes a Khemri / Chaos team and turns everyone else into mush :thumbsup:

That happened in one of our previous tourneys. A Chaos coach made a Dwarf player rage quit.

Dirk Diggler

Scholar
It says that somebody with the same player key as myself is already logged in. Here I thought I would avoid something like this, being that I'm not a pirate or anything.

:rage:

Mantiis

Cipher
It's funny when a dwarf team coach rages instead of the other way around.

Dirk how did you purchase it?

Dirk Diggler

Scholar
I bought it through Cyanide, with the discount.

Not to worry though, it seems to have been something temporary while the account was being validated.

My handle is:

Klavier

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Hey Mantiis. You forgot to ask for timezones.

Mantiis

Cipher
OldSkoolKamikaze said:
Hey Mantiis. You forgot to ask for timezones.

Hey OldSkoolKamikaze. I didn't forget to ask for timezones as I will be sorting that stuff out soonish. I wanted to create the league then invite everyone to join then ask for timezones but you ruined my plan! YOU ARSEHOLE.

Feel free to post your timezones.

I may have to join in, very rusty though, so if I don't get some more practice in by the time we play, I'll likely just be a speed-bump there to gore up some unlucky players. :D

Mantiis

Cipher
We can't have uneven numbers so it has to be 6 or 8 (10,12 etc), not 7 so if someone else is interested say so!!!

I will make the league soonish but I need to set how many coaches there are so I need to finalise the list.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom