Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Another Day, Another Codex Lawsuit

flabbyjack

Arcane
felipepepe
BR speaks Portuguese? (I am ignorant amerikwa) Does that mean Brazil and Portugal are best friends like USA and GB?

Common language = almost the same country
They "discovered" us bro, just like UK arriving at kwaland or spainards in Mexico & rest of latin america.
Yeah and that means they are your best friends now amirite?

otsego

Cipher
While on the topic of language - from the PDF claiming defamation:

I say you are already aware of this matter, because your staff has already created a main page news story about this, and the founder of your website responded to it. Again, this statements that have been written are defamatory, untrue, threatening, and damaging.

"this statements"?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
flabbyjack

Brazil_heritage.png

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Meanwhile, over at the brokeback forums, Brad Wardell waves a lawyer at them and they fold like a baby oiled lawn chair.
owneddancekm3.gif
You'd think these limp-wrists would be more appreciative that Cleve is gracious enough to allow them a Grimoire thread.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
A new wrinkle in this decidedly sordid affair:

Flying Spaghetti Monster has announced his resignation from Codex. For real. Confirmed via PM and in Shoutbox.

What has happened to us? Will we stand for this kind of blatant intimidation? WILL WE LET THE TERRORISTS WIN?

Murk

Arcane
Always keep your personal life hidden, I guess.

Also, the comments section in the Kickstarter is ridiculous.

Also also, felipepepe is a p good looking bro

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
A new wrinkle in this decidedly sordid affair:

Flying Spaghetti Monster has announced his resignation from Codex. For real. Confirmed via PM and in Shoutbox.

What has happened to us? Will we stand for this kind of blatant intimidation? WILL WE LET THE TERRORISTS WIN?
He will be back, they always do, one way or altonther.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Please control yourselves. One of the overlords already took a body cavity search cause some joker threatened the Monkey in the White House President of the Free World.

:whistles innocently:

:smug:

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
If you do make such remarks, and there is an issue, you will be held personally responsible.
This only applies to those that can actually be legally held responsible, which excludes both kids and lunatics, which subsequently excludes exactly 98.4% of us.

More seriously, this lawyer is a joke. The kind of lawyer that gives a bad image to an otherwise perfectly honorable profession.
:troll:
better-call-saul-debarque-en-novembre-prochain.jpg
:troll:

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Codex doesn't show up on my searches for "ryan morrison", and for "ryan p morrison" and "ryan morrison video game attorney", it's not even on the first page of results.
I see what you did there.

Visperas

Augur
WTF happened to FSM? Too many threads about this sordid affair... can't follow them all!

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
12BByyY.png

Ryan P. Morrison P.C.
Video Game Attorney
Morrison, Ryan
@VideoGameAttorney
#VideoGameAttorney
#RyanMorrisonLaw

FSM profile said:
The second is locked - only changes if NYR make the CF, in which case it bumps to a first.

What does Cloaked Figure have to do with anything?

BR speaks Portuguese? (I am ignorant amerikwa) Does that mean Brazil and Portugal are best friends like USA and GB?

Common language = almost the same country

I've always thought the opposite, common language = barely restrained hate for the other guys. Either because of the past events that led to a shared language, or just because you can understand the insults they hurl at you.

Seerix

Arbiter
Gah, I hate repeating stuff that was said already so I only say one remotely original thing: I am impressed that Cleve managed to get actual proper drama going out there, brought a much needed breath of fresh air. Too bad it's just another retardo lawyer, though. The situation is probably already past it's peak in hilarity, but who knows what the next day may bring?

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
The guy truly Kevorkianed his career, which depends on impressions and social engineering. Totally destroyed himself.

Also, what the hell happened to Europe? Did they really honest-to-god put that terrifying Orwellian law through? I cannot believe people have gotten that stupid. Seriously. Straight out of Mike Judge's IDIOCRACY. Could be a prequel to that film. "The right to forget about stuff you said online and what other people said about it in return." Can that seriously be happening as a thing in the real world? Hitler wins in the end, after all.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Gah, I hate repeating stuff that was said already so I only say one remotely original thing: I am impressed that Cleve managed to get actual proper drama going out there, brought a much needed breath of fresh air. Too bad it's just another retardo lawyer, though. The situation is probably already past it's peak in hilarity, but who knows what the next day may bring?

Depends on whether Cleve has exhausted the creativity of his alts. Maybe next time Robert Sirotek 'himself' will descend upon the internetz to voice his displeasure at Cleve's 'imminent' 'success'??

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
You can see he is a guy with basic impulse control problems. He is aware I am historically a well known troll, he knows I am probably hitting the comments thread on Kickstarter to see if I can get a response, he knows his job as a lawyer requires him to stay off that comments thread and if he hears from me at all he should be courteous, brief and ambivalent.

I'm not a lawyer and I can basically speak my mind. He's getting paid by his client not to flip out but he can't help himself. His whole job consists of not getting involved personally in any of this.

He goes ballistic in what is a clear failure of executive function and restraint and makes a complete fool out of himself with a quasi-hysterical breakdown online in a public place, stopping just short of nervous collapse. When he regains his senses and realises what he has done and possible impact on his potential prospects as a lawyer, he has yet another bipolar manic episode in which he runs around in his spandex sending off threatening letters to sites to take down his verbatim quotes and information they printed about him publicly available online.

Dude was hanging by a thread to begin with. Anybody could have told him if you are an unstable personality to begin with, it is unwise to enter the Cleve Zone because he was trolling before you were toilet trained. Cleve was putting people into mental institutions over bulletin board systems and QLINK on America Online back in the late 80's when Ryan was a zygote.

Empowered by his New York Night School degree (his former colleagues are suing their own school for their failure to get a decent education) he decides to tackle the Cleve.

He has nobody to blame but himself. I am not surprised there are so many people on mood control medication in America. It is obvious to me just from my limited interaction online with them that at least half of America is dangling by a cobweb over an abyss of madness at any given moment and it is only a fistful of Xanax and Zoloft that allows them to make it through to sundown.

I am just hoping there is no danger of self-harm here and that this unique individual stabilises sufficiently to at least keep off the internet which is contraindicated in all people who are mentally unstable to begin with.

I will now return to my regular trolling. I was thinking of starting a new thread where I discuss whether or not Michelle Obama got the chop during her sex change or is just doing a tuck-under in public.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom