Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Announcing Underrail: Expedition, the first expansion for Underrail, coming early 2017

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Am I the only one who likes the idea of a midgame expansion? It encourages to start a new playthrough, maybe try out a new build and simply replay the game for the fun of it... plus unlike some expansions that force you to replay (like Dark Souls) Styx has mentioned that you can use an higher level char just by doing some prerequisites

MrMarbles

Cipher
Pansies crying about the lack of maps, the gruelling end-game and abrupt quest endings. That stuff helped make Underrail special. It's like that friend you have that seems really obnoxious but when you get to know him you find out he a) is kind of awesome and b) doesn't give a shit about appearances.

Looking forward to the expansion Styg:salute::salute::salute:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Pansies crying about the lack of maps, the gruelling end-game and abrupt quest endings. That stuff helped make Underrail special. It's like that friend you have that seems really obnoxious but when you get to know him you find out he a) is kind of awesome and b) doesn't give a shit about appearances.

Looking forward to the expansion Styg:salute::salute::salute:
No but there are always special snowflakes like you that seem to think so LOL

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
abrupt quest endings. That stuff helped make Underrail special.
lmao

If you want the triple-A experience just imagine the quest-giver compliments you on a job well done and describes how he/she/it will have an easier time of it now that you've saved the day.
I've made a cutout according to this pattern and stickied it next to my monitor, it helps. Also in everyday life.

snowflake1.gif

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
If you want the triple-A experience just imagine the quest-giver compliments you on a job well done and describes how he/she/it will have an easier time of it now that you've saved the day.

You cannot win.

We are living in the time of "I only play games for steam achievments". These people need to be constantly told they are doing well and they are awesome and special.

Imagination and self made goals are dead. Welcome to retardo land, every game is a theme park and every time you do something you get to hear an XP chime!

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
About the maps:
I believe they would improve the experience.
Honestly, the game is not so confusing that you'd need them, but personally, I still managed to go a wrong route to some destination I already had been to and needed to backtrack.
Wasted time, really.

A map wouldn't have made the game any easier but still save you from doing non-fun stuff like back-tracking from accidental detours.
Besides, it would help with the exploration by making you see "Oh, right, there was that spot I didn't go to 'cause enemies were too hard". Usually, I just forget about those and miss out on the opportunity to find some dog liver.
And if you're afraid of it giving away too much, just model it after the Mordheim one and you can be sure it will add more confusion than it helps. :lol:

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Does anyone here own a copy of Metro 2033? A map like that has in the front cover would be great, kind of abstract but gives you a rough idea where things are.

I think some kind of 'art' style map that suits the aesthetic of the game would be useful and not spoil anything.

But Im kind of a map junkie... (I just love maps)

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Does anyone here own a copy of Metro 2033? A map like that has in the front cover would be great, kind of abstract but gives you a rough idea where things are.

I think some kind of 'art' style map that suits the aesthetic of the game would be useful and not spoil anything.

But Im kind of a map junkie... (I just love maps)
Map junkie just remindee me of that map merchant in the longest journey

FeelTheRads

Arcane
^That.

Styg's (and some fanboys') aversion towards a run toggle is pretty puzzling.

I can and got behind the idea that no map adds to the feeling of the game, but can't see why a run toggle would be anything else but good.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Yes. Run toggle should be in the game.

Although I'm wondering what changes will impact the vanilla game?

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
If there's going to be enough new content for the base game that would be reason enough to start it over. Unless you're already sick of it, I guess.
Biggest incentive to starting over would be not having to do the rathound outposts.

I really enjoy doing the rathound outposts, tbh.

Gives me a big nostaliga hit for when I first played Underrail. That soothing exploration music coupled with howls in the distance. Glorious isometric turn based gameplay. I knew I was in for a treat. :salute:

MrMarbles

Cipher
Map is not a necessity since there was already fast travel between factions and you could always memorize your location by landmarks.

What Underrail needs is a Run/Walk toggle.

Agree. Running didn't ruin its kind-of-predecessor Fallout. Might not be totally comparable though, Fallout walking speed was way slower than Underrails.

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
I'm pretty sure if the game doesn't have maps still, it's not gonna happen in the expansion.
I mean, what a strange feature to add in an expansion.
"INTRODUCING................... MAPS! Because we just realized we could do that!"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom