Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Announcing Underrail: Expedition, the first expansion for Underrail, coming early 2017

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Styg Is this expansion addressing any of the questlines that end abruptly like Gorsky, Occulus, etc? Or did you just run out of ideas for those? :M

Also midgame expansions are the dumbest fucking shit ever, everyone who cares got an endgame save. Guess I'm just gonna steamroll through this content because I'm not starting another character as I've done the base game enough times.

shame styggs never added a in game MAP. Even a simple one like the original fallout has would of been awesome. Couldn't get my friends to play it due to no map making it too hardcore and annoying for them. Lot of people loved the original fallout because how immersive and casual it was to get into. Fallout 2 kind of killed this with all its pop culture references alienating fans of the original.
Anybody who needs a map in this game is retarded. There's fast travel to every major settlement and it's not hard to locate yourself in the tunnels if you remember the landmarks.

Last edited:
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
shame styggs never added a in game MAP. Even a simple one like the original fallout has would of been awesome. Couldn't get my friends to play it due to no map making it too hardcore and annoying for them. Lot of people loved the original fallout because how immersive and casual it was to get into. Fallout 2 kind of killed this with all its pop culture references alienating fans of the original.

People that had to use the scanner map in Fallout would probably get lost in Underrail even with a map anyway.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
If there's going to be enough new content for the base game that would be reason enough to start it over. Unless you're already sick of it, I guess.

I only went through it once, so I wouldn't mind playing it again, but I agree that mid-game expansions are not the greatest idea.

Unwanted

Bésame Mucho

Unwanted
Is there a cheat code to break out of the Gauntlet run? I cant outrun the electricity trap on the last level...
Last save is at least 2 hours playtime before it...
Abandoned the game because of it like 6 month ago...

Did not try to use CheatEngine to freeze health, see if the effect is instagib.
Or maybe try to teleport my char.

Tigranes

Arcane
I'm not hugely fussed about midgame addition, but a quick option to start at the expansion would be nice. Create new character, get dropped off at the expansion area with XP & a merchant holding a reasonable selection of things you'd commonly have found before then. Though learnt abilities might prove problematic...

Styg to what extent is this 'more of the same' gameplay, and to what extent has it changed? E.g. more emphasis on survival, more tactically complex encounters, more environmental interaction / puzzle focused, or even in terms of setting/theme?

Fireblade

Erudite
I don't like the sound of "available from mid-game".

What if we already beat the game? Shouldn't be overpowered our character to play the expansion? Can we go back using a save from late game?

Once you unlock the campaign in your current playthrough (there are couple of conditions), you can start it at any time, even after you return from the regular end-game areas.

You didn't answer his second question...

It wouldn't be ideal to play with an endgame character, yes, but there might be certain areas and challenges in the expansion that might give even those characters a run for their money.
So if you start the expansion mid-game as intended, then return to finish the main game after finishing the expansion, wouldn't your character then be overpowered for the remainder of the main game?

Seems like the same problem Obsidian had with PoE where they had to implement scaling for White March, Act III, etc. Hopefully Underrail has a more monocled solution to it all?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Is there a cheat code to break out of the Gauntlet run? I cant outrun the electricity trap on the last level...
Last save is at least 2 hours playtime before it...
Abandoned the game because of it like 6 month ago...

Did not try to use CheatEngine to freeze health, see if the effect is instagib.
Or maybe try to teleport my char.
I just loaded a save before that arena and continued playing the rest of the game hoping this is only stupid part of the game and that I would not run into anything else as stupid. Then I went to Deep Caverns... :negative:.. only managed to do half of that area before quitting and restarting instead with different characters.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
YES YES YES I WANT IT NOW.

Charon bless you Styg you are my hero. Just keep making crpgs please.

I would love to see a brutal fantasy themed game from you like Dark Sun.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
After Obsidian failed with their midgame expansion experiment, I'm surprised Styg is also jumping down that rainbow way.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I hope they add a map feature in this expanasion, 100 new areas added to existing ones... can't deal with all that paper on my desk
use ms paint like i did, bub.
but yeah, should be an end-game expansion like throne of bhaal instead of the white march type of stuff

Black Angel

Arcane
15172_500.jpg

Forgive me, Codex, for I have sinned.

Looking at the promotional art above made me want to see Underrail in 3D/TPP.

Black Angel

Arcane
Looking at the promotional art above made me want to see Underrail in 3D/TPP.
Like some gothic/underrail hybrid?
Yeah, something like that.

Maybe even something in the veins of the Souls games' perspective and camera control since the world of Underrail was actually quite inter-connected.

On side note, looking at the promo art again it reminds me of this:
maxresdefault.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom