Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AngryJoe's shitstorm

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It seems like every youtuber gets bored after a while and wants to try something new which isn't surprising really. It is hard for any series to keep being interesting both for its creator and the fans. Especially for these guys who were hopeless nerds when they started, now they have an unlikely source of relative success/fame and probably going through a mid-life crisis thinking "wtf am I doing with my life ranting about videogames for 10 years on yt"

Even Rolfe's content has changed in nature and quality. He sort of dropped the AVGN thing and half his videos these days are his autistic friends doing let's plays. The only difference is that he is a family man and probably was down to earth enough as a person to think "ok this is as good as it's gonna get, better try to keep this job"
Yeah i agree,now if you are a smart YTer you will take all those money and make nice party with a lot of hookers and coke,after that you will take the money and invest them in the real world.It is obvious that you can't YT jizz until you are 87,and the pension plan on YT is not that great.

Beastro

Arcane
Joe cannot expect any loyalty or understanding when he appeals to two digit I.Q casual gamers as his target audience.

This is not surprising in the slightest.

That's why it's so amusing since this is the natural outcome of the way he handled his "show".

Much is the same with how Pewdiepie is reaping what he sowed as he struggles to try to produce something meaningful after getting sick of producing verbal and visual fast food.

In his case he's found things to focus on that can allow him to make a transition (while hiding him getting sick of his old crap from much of his fanbase) while Joe just whines.

It's amusing, since when the whole thing about Pewdiepie came out it immediately reminded me of musicians that get famous, then get sick of doing the music that made them well known and go off into their odd territory once their livelihood is secured like the Beetles.

Last edited:

Deleted member 7219

Joe cannot expect any loyalty or understanding when he appeals to two digit I.Q casual gamers as his target audience.

That's why it's so amusing since this is the natural outcome of the way he handled his "show".

Much is the same with how Pewdiepie is reaping what he sowed as he struggles to try to produce something meaningful after getting sick of producing verbal and visual fast food.

In his case he's found things to focus on that can allow him to make a transition (while hiding him getting sick of his old crap from much of his fanbase) while Joe just whines.

It's amusing, since when the whole thing about Pewdiepie came out it immediately reminded me of musicians that get famous, then get sick of doing the music that made them well known and go off into their odd territory once their livelihood is secured like the Beetles.

You're comparing Pewdiepie to the fucking Beatles?

The Beatles most critically acclaimed work came at the end of their career.

Beastro

Arcane

You're comparing Pewdiepie to the fucking Beatles?

The Beatles most critically acclaimed work came at the end of their career.

You don't dispute that they and many others, like Pewdiepie traveled the same road of putting out banality before either being secure enough to do what they wanted/woke up and realized that they were sick of putting out banality for just money?

I'm not comparing the quality of content between the two (though I have no regard for their music beginning to end), but they still nonetheless dealt with their own transition period just like Pewdiepie is (if it's to stay relevant, or is an actual honest attack of consciousness I have no fucking idea).

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Also talking about this thing i remembered that Totalbiscuit have become super lazy past few years
TB is a cunt but trying not to die from cancer is a pretty good excuse not to focus on your YT "career".

TB is just trying to get as many cuck bucks as he can before he dies (deservedly so) so his "wife" and her mongoloid child she had from a previous relationship are looked after.

If this means flip flopping on his beliefs or selling out completely he'll do it for the money.

Dexter

Arcane

Understanding about what? People told him they started watching and continue to watch his channel because of his gaming content, this is already more "understanding and loyalty" than retarded YouTube people talking about pop culture deserve. Now he's free to take this free advice from the people he's making money off of, or do whatever the fuck else he wants, people are giving him valuable Feedback that they don't like or appreciate his new kind of content. If he continues putting out content that they don't like because he's "sick of the other stuff" he got famous with, they're likely going to leave him given time and hit that "Unsubscribe" big.

PewDiePie is afaik another person that managed to pivot away from "gaming reaction videos", but he didn't piss off his audience, closed off his comments and ratings and started whining about how "people aren't appreciating him and his genius, and he's feeling really sad, and think about his health and he's putting out all this free content that people should appreciate more" about it. That's only going to accelerate the exodus of his viewer-base as he gets more insufferable about it.

The problem with this kinds of thing is it dwells in the twilight between hobby and job, often being the former to being with, but remaining something done more while it's enjoyable and then tanking once it ceases to be.

In Rolfe's case he got sick of what he was doing, but didn't drop it and found a way to nicely transition his audience into what was more doable for him both passion wise as well as just sitting around talking about stuff with little to no production values. Above all he, as that video Infinitron linked shows, is quite clear about what he has always wanted to focus on so people should be surprised that he does a lot of movie stuff even if he tries to maintain the video game content. He's actually trying to strike a balance between a hobby and the fact that it's grown into something more than that.

Joe instead bitches that people should shut up because they get free content to watch, not focusing on what he makes out of it and the obligation of decency that comes with it, if only to be honest and try to prepare his fans for less of what they love by leveling with them.
Anyone wanna bet whether someone's going to make one of those Post-Mortem videos for him in like ~3-5 years?

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Making YouTube videos/streaming = hard work? I hope this guy has a real job he can go back to or saved/invested 75% of the money he made from his 'glory days.'

Beastro

Arcane
Understanding about what? People told him they started watching and continue to watch his channel because of his gaming content, he's free to do whatever the fuck else he wants, people are giving him valuable Feedback that they don't like or appreciate his new kind of content. If he continues putting out content that they don't like because he's "sick of the other stuff" he got famous with, they're likely going to leave him given time.

It's more than that given that this has happened to many, but they didn't flip out and exclaim that their audience are beggers that shouldn't be choosers (Something I'd call Joe and everyone else that does this as well, they're very lucky they're able to make money of of this sort of thing, much less good money), they were either honest and worked to provide decent content while slowly shifting their "show" into territory they wanted to do, like how Rolfe has gone back to his old love of movies mostly, or they transitioned while trying to mask the transition in something more entertaining, like Pewdiepie effectively doing tell all videos about how he hated the forced amusement crap as well as straying increasingly into more mature, controversial stuff that goes well with the fact that his audience is moving into young adult territory if not being 20 somethings that no longer find his tourettes antics amusing anymore (or at least soon will as Rolfe was wise enough to see with AVGN).

If he put out a calm, reasoned video of him saying that as much as he'll try to give what people want, while doing what he wants to do, like Rolfe did with that video, we get this whining. It's better to keep calm and work on producing the stuff you want to make while retaining those that will continue to like it and accepting those that stop watching, than it is to bitch and lose both those kinds of people.

If he keeps going he will get what he wants, his subscribers will drop, but it'll be a lot less than hundreds of thousands he cut it off at.

I think a problem with Joe might be that he doesn't like not being liked, and if you're going to effectively end the glory days of what made your famous, it's going to cause a lot of dislike and you'll receive a lot of it until the transition is done and people have to live with it.

That or he's a lazy fuck and just wants people to keep giving him money while he doesn't want to work as hard as he once did...

Anyone wanna bet whether someone's going to make one of those Post-Mortem videos for him in like ~5 years?

What first came to my mind, actually.

Last edited:

Beastro

Arcane
Making YouTube videos/streaming = hard work? I hope this guy has a real job he can go back to or saved/invested 75% of the money he made from his 'glory days.'

Even if it can be hard work, he's fully able to work it around when he wants to do things and when he doesn't. About the only thing he couldn't do that with is when he goes places, like to E3 to cover stuff, but that's easily turned into a working vacation.

That is also another thing I was talking about with work ethic where any "real" job has as a minimum requirement, and if you don't go with if only to show up at work on time and do shit while you're there, you won't last long. Joe's job flexibility is one of those things he should be fucking thankful for about this, assuming it's all he does to make money, and is one of the reasons why I'd say most content producers on YouTube and elsewhere are more beggars trying to be choosers than their audience is watching "free stuff".

Last edited:

Deflowerer

Arcane
a) Most of his content is disposable trash
b) By nature of his angry reviews, the main audience he attracts with it will dump him the moment he is unable to keep their attention
c) Jewtubing and such is hard work. It rarely takes talent to be big, but some luck and a lot of hard work. You have to keep producing and be out there, all the time. I think most people, if they actually invest in streaming/making content, can be successful.
d) He's retarded

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
TB is just trying to get as many cuck bucks as he can before he dies (deservedly so) so his "wife" and her mongoloid child she had from a previous relationship are looked after.

If this means flip flopping on his beliefs or selling out completely he'll do it for the money.
You are a waste of skin.

Deleted member 7219

Reddit is delicious right now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/angryjoeshow/comments/6owasw/angryjoeshow_no_this_picture_is_depressing

People telling it like it is.

Next few months will be interesting. He'll keep a lot of subs because most people don't click the unsubscribe button, but he will still lose some and he will lose a lot of viewers too as people just won't bother to spread his videos around any more. His most popular videos were always his Angry Reviews, top 10 reasons and top 10 best/worst. As he focuses more on trailer and movie reviews with his disgustingly fat bearded friend Delrith and the others who he doesn't even allow to finish their sentences, people will move on. 'Reviews' in that format can be found everywhere on YouTube.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Making game video reviews are hard work? This lazy entitled fucker needs some perspective, hard work is to wake up 5 of the morning, having to withstand traffic for hours, get to do a shitty boring and meaningless job every single day that you only do to feed your family because... if you stop working, your kids won't have food. Now, please, explain to me again how making videos on the internet is "hard" work?

The guy has the luck of having a lifestyle that he created himself allowed by an audience that even demands him to make more content. It is obvious Mr. Pedro Moron didn't realize that, some people... luck smile at them and they piss on it then go to vote for Hillary Clinton because life is "too hard".

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Didn't TB got magic cure???Also i am not that sure he had or have cancer.I have lost a bunch of people to cancer and now i am watching my father having one.He just didn't looked like a person that have cancer.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

Bro, if you're worried about your health, how about stop eating all the tacos instead of blaming your audience.

Fucking seriously.

Wew, like wew there Bernie loving, feminist cuddling, Democrat voting, paler then milk yet calling himself non-white LATINO for minority brown points, calling others entitled you entitled lazy, used to watch and respect, bastardo.

I mean, like esse, ahahhaha you're playing video games, eating doritos and watching movies while being paid for that 4-5 times better than University professors or 2-3 than engineers in many countries of the world some of them even in Europe. Hombre like, ahahhaha you can stop at any time and get any better payed and more relaxing job with your skills like, janitor or shop assistant.

From his rhetoric you'd get impression as if he has been working on plantage, oil rig or in the mines. Fuck him and his Saturn sized hipocrisy.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
TB has cancer like Magic Johnson has HIV/AIDS.

Also I don't understand how all of Joe's fat somehow deposits in his head. Well... swollen heads are usually a sign of steroid use.

Uncle Skull

Educated
He'll keep a lot of subs because most people don't click the unsubscribe button...
You see, I can understand that. Subscribes are only for dick measuring, they are just a meme. There are many, many channels with +100 000 subs who only get like 2 or 3 thousand views on their videos, tops. What I can't get is people who seem to forget that they are sapping money from their monthly revenue to some loser online who gets drunk all day and spends the rest shitposting on twitter, and has been doing so for many months. Namely, Spoony.

To give credit where it is due, Joe is mostly dumb as your average consoletard, but at least he had the willpower and hindsight not to open a patreon page because he knew that it would mean that he would grow lazier. It didn't stop him from becoming, as we see now, but it probably stalled the process for a few years.

Also I don't understand how all of Joe's fat somehow deposits in his head. Well... swollen heads are usually a sign of steroid use.

That's what hard work does to a man...

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
TB has cancer like Magic Johnson has HIV/AIDS.

Well maybe it is imported from his head......after all people get wiser with age by that count retards must be getting more retarded.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom