Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Angry Joe: Skyrim is MAJESTIC! Matt Barton: Skyrim is boring

Ermm

Erudite
J_C said:
Rasputin said:
Good luck trying to tell all of that to an alt.
He is not an alt. He came here a year ago promoting their new website, and it is the same account.

Even retards like AngryJoe wouldn't list his occupation as ''InternetCelebrity,'' like this alt.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Rasputin said:
J_C said:
Rasputin said:
Good luck trying to tell all of that to an alt.
He is not an alt. He came here a year ago promoting their new website, and it is the same account.

Even retards like AngryJoe wouldn't list his occupation as ''InternetCelebrity,'' like this alt.
Hmm. I haven't seen that until now, but you are right. Or an admin wrote that into his profile, just for fun, although I doubt that.

Damn, my world is shattered now, I thought the almighty Angry Joe himself blessed us with his presence. :(

Humanity has risen! said:
More witless, inept, vulgar and embarrassing liberal parodying. I wouldn't mind sites like these if they were actually witty. The fake church forum though is worse by an order of magnitude, I've never seen so many horrible attempts at lampooning.

Largely true, but I chuckled a lot when I read this line:

'before the player gets to take control of his avatar, they are asked to create a character, which is purely the liberal’s way of teaching out kids that modifying and gender changing one’s self is fun and normal.'

Character creation option. Choose gender: M/F - DAMN TRANNY AGENDA!!!

Stakhanov

Augur
Skyrim_03_SITE.jpg

Repressed Homosexual
I had missed it. Come on, it's 100% a troll. The person tries way too hard to be as smarmy as possible in all the ways that irritate Codexers, on top of mispelling Jeff Vogel and Knights of the Chalice. No normal human being would tailor his argument like that, and an outsider wouldn't know anything about the "fifties being the apex of civilization" or whatever.

Joe would never know that Knights of the Chalice even exists.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Does this guy like, Google his name every few days to see what comes up? Seriously?

deuxhero

Arcane
I was just about to ask the same question. The initial post I can understand him copy-pasting the same spam to EVERY game site he can find, but how did he find this topic?

His forums have a broken search function (Not disabled like ours and redirected to a option to search but Google, but actually go to a "oops, something broke" page when you search anything) but Google doesn't reveal anything for RPGcodex or "RPG codex" on blistered thumbs, so I doubt someone mentioned it there.

Akasen

Augur
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Wait, Joe actually posted here again? Well, I can't say I didn't see it coming. Most likely after his first contact with the Codex, he was aware that if he ever had anything to say about a big name RPG he would. So thus, upon uploading his review, he kept a watchful eye upon the Codex (or Google) to see if the Codex has yet to make a thread upon his video and see what they think.

Also I will not I myself found this topic by looking up in Google "RPG Codex" and "Angry Joe" to see if Joe had made a Skyrim video and if the Codex had already started picking apart his review and discussing their opinions amongst themselves.

Now as for Joe's post itself,

Angry Joe said:
As a gaming journalist, I might have a bit more insight into these matters, since I play games for a living. Take indie games for example. I love indie games and sometimes they can really push things forward in terms of mechanics or ai (e.g. Facade). But an indie game can never aspire to become a polished modern masterpiece like Skyrim. I think all of them are outdated in one way or the other, be it graphics wise (again, Facade) or even mechanics wise (Nights of the Chalice). This is because they're restricted in budget/time/size, just like the games of old were restricted by the low power of the gaming systems of that time.

I can't help but smash my conscious into a concrete wall as I read it. First of all, being a gaming Journalist means nothing about insight. Insight is like everyone here knowing that Skyrim will be somewhere in the range of bad but will still sell enough copies to make Bethesda think "We're doing a fine job" as people go out of their way to say that Bethesda has created a "Hallmark in the history of RPG's" or "A game that shall soon revolutionize the RPG as we know it".

As for indie games, you make me facepalm. Indie development for the most part sits there and makes a game as they feel they would make it with little care for money (if we are to believe that). An indie devs final product is the culmination of all the hard work and effort to create a game based on an idea that has been refined and tweaked with little additions to the game. An indie developers game tends to be risky and new or an old idea brought back to the modern age. It is not attempting to be the next blockbuster game. An indie game attempts to be something different.

Also on Facade, I believe that was suppose to be an experiment. Nights of the Chalice? I believe that was suppose to be a game based upon D&D 3.5e's rules as closely as possibly. I have yet to play it yet (but I do have it on the do list).

Angry Joe said:
When I started out, I too opposed the big gaming companies, thinking that the huge inflated budgets and hype and marketing suits would decline gaming. But then I realized something. Companies like Blizzard or Bioware or Bethesda have liberalized gaming. They took it out of musty basements and turned it into something everyone could enjoy. They have turned boring dice rolls into heated combat, mushy pixels into nightmarish monsters and checkerboards into immersive landscapes. Can you imagine how much greater Braid would be with the budget of Mirrors Edge, or one of Ben Vogel's games done with the team behind Dragon Age 2?

Going back to my previous statement, Braid would still be Braid. It may look graphically different, but it's not like it's going play the same way even if they were given tons of cash. The only thing that would make them change their minds is if someone who had control over their development said "Your idea is nice but its iffy and seems like it might not sale too well. Do something else"

Blizzard rarely releases games anyways and their games have been simple accesible so nothing can be said about them. Bethesda is the guy who keeps trying to simplify things for the worse and removing things in an attempt to reach simplicity rather than trying to keep a certain complexity and refining it. Then Bioware I got no real comparison. Haven't really looked into Biowares games too much.

Angry Joe said:
But you people just complain about innovation. You're like a bunch of grumpy old guys, sitting inside and complaining that the 1950s were the pinnacle of human civilization and that free healthcare is communism, when outside the sun is shining and everybody is having an awesome time.

It is very wrong to even compare video games to something like healthcare. Innovation? I'm sure the fine fellows here would love innovation. Problem is that there really isn't any being done. What it seems to be is the best innovation has been done but no one is working from it at all. To possibly put it best in the terms you used there, we want free healthcare. But everyone else is blinded into thinking that what they are getting is free healthcare when in truth it isn't.

EDIT: This post might just be useless. I don't think he'll post back here until Bethesda releases Fallout 4 or something and he does a review and we tear apart his review.

Ermm

Erudite
I know one user (confidential) had an alt here posting on MMORPG forum, advertisizing f2p mmorpg's, and to read comments for shits & giggles.

So, trolling as AngryJoe wouldn't be so far off.

Akasen

Augur
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
J_C said:
Akasen said:
Wait, Joe actually posted here again?
Naaah, it seems that guy is just someone's alt.
An alt? For whom exactly? Assuming not some random person who has gained access to the account, surely then it must be some associate of Joe's who has access to the account.

If not, then who? Although thinking about it now, you may have a point. Even if this is the guy by name, it could simply be some idiot who successful came to this forum and made himself look like Joe with his first post.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Wyrmlord said:
Why did people in the previous thread refer to Joe with racist slurs?
cos its a beaner we talkin bout ololokl

GreyViper said:
But but I like his videos, well most of them, I guess that makes me a fan of sort.
Can you or any of his other local fanfags confirm if he mentioned us?

Codexlurker

Savant
M4BE1R0 said:
Wyrmlord said:
Why did people in the previous thread refer to Joe with racist slurs?
cos its a beaner we talkin bout ololokl

GreyViper said:
But but I like his videos, well most of them, I guess that makes me a fan of sort.
Can you or any of his other local fanfags confirm if he mentioned us?

He's not Mexican. After living in a Mexican saturated environment for years, I can tell he isn't.

But you people just complain about innovation. You're like a bunch of grumpy old guys, sitting inside and complaining that the 1950s were the pinnacle of human civilization and that free healthcare is communism, when outside the sun is shining and everybody is having an awesome time.
He's a troll. I look at Angry Joe's stuff but that Skyrim review was ridiculous. 10/10 for a game that had annoying bugs on the PC as well as overpowered skills(Dragon armor makes you invincible I've heard) was undeserved. Skyrim should of got a 6-8.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
So did Joe come back to Codex after his Fallout 4 review? What was his rate, 8? 7?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom