Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Android: real game recommendation

J1M

Arcane
I have to travel for a few days and I'm not planning on bringing a laptop with me. Looking for a recommendation for an Android game. I'm not interested in any free-to-play garbage or endless treadmills. Open to most genres, but given the input limitations I suspect turn-based would be preferable.

After poking around the Play store a little, it's hard to tell if there is anything of value out there.

:Flash:

Arcane
Are we talking phone or tablet here? I can imagine The Last Express working well on a tablet, have only played PC version, though.

sullynathan

Arcane
the final fantasy games are on Android
Baldurs gate and some other infinity engine games are there too

J1M

Arcane
the final fantasy games are on Android
Baldurs gate and some other infinity engine games are there too
I guess I should add that I'm also not interested in emulating games I've already played.

KK1001

Arbiter
Twilight Struggle, if you can find a competent friend.

Severian Silk

I've tried joining their forums but I have not gotten a response email yet. (It's been a few days.)

Last edited by a moderator:

slowdive

Bree Arts
Developer
the iceblink engine stuff is hit and miss, but mostly free and hits those gold box feels https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Bree+Arts,+LLC (and the dev's a codexer on and off)
Has he (she?) started any threads? What username?

ping slowdive

Haven't kept up with where its at in a while.

I uploaded the new engine to Google Play a couple of weeks ago. ...here is the thread:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/iceblinkbasic-now-on-google-play.118182/

It includes Pongo's "The Elderin Stone" and Dorateen's "Hearkenwold" (ch1+2). All FREE stuff, no ads or iap crap.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom