Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anachronox

FeelTheRads

Arcane
If I understand correctly it first needs a developer interested in doing it.

Duraframe300

Arcane
So, why has nobody pitched an Anarchronox sequel/spin-off yet?

I'm sure people would vote for it.

Probably because square-enix has the rights and the way the first game ended you'd need a direct sequel and of course Tom Hall himself because it's one of those games that are defined by their creator. Anachronox isn't great because of the mechanics, but because of how well it's written and the obvious love that has been been poured into it. I'd love to see something similar from Tom, but he's now making mobile crap, so...
:negative:

The IP is currently freely available for making a crowdfunded project (If you get enough people to vote)
I doubt that even Codex has enough horses to pull this out.

Well, Anarchronox is kind of a cult game even outside of the codex.

Anyway, Tom should totally use that way.

Plus - you could have the chance to work with some of the older Eidos IP from our back-catalogue – currently Gex, Fear Effect and Anachronox

zwanzig_zwoelf

So, why has nobody pitched an Anarchronox sequel/spin-off yet?

I'm sure people would vote for it.

Probably because square-enix has the rights and the way the first game ended you'd need a direct sequel and of course Tom Hall himself because it's one of those games that are defined by their creator. Anachronox isn't great because of the mechanics, but because of how well it's written and the obvious love that has been been poured into it. I'd love to see something similar from Tom, but he's now making mobile crap, so...
:negative:

The IP is currently freely available for making a crowdfunded project (If you get enough people to vote)
I doubt that even Codex has enough horses to pull this out.

Well, Anarchronox is kind of a cult game even outside of the codex. And I'm not even sure if you don't just need the majority of *yes* votes instead of a certain number. Their system is a bit confusing.

Anyway, Tom should totally use that way.

Plus - you could have the chance to work with some of the older Eidos IP from our back-catalogue – currently Gex, Fear Effect and Anachronox
Wait, what? They still own Fear Effect? FFS, man, now we need 2 companies to rise from the ashes.

Speaking of Anachronox:
Unfortunately, despite cult following, Anachronox still sold like shit. I doubt crowdfunding will resurrect it.
Just look at Outcast HD remake Kickstarter to understand what I'm talking about.

If I understand correctly it first needs a developer interested in doing it.
It's time to contact the only source of hope for the current generation of hardcore gamers, that has experience in listening to the fans and staying true to the roots of the franchises...
...of course I'm talking about Bethesda Softworks.
:troll:

Duraframe300

Arcane
Just look at Outcast HD remake Kickstarter to understand what I'm talking about.

Considering the Outcast thing is one of the possible worst Kickstarters to ever have existed I don't think that's a remotly relevant argument as well.

Square would probably add some additional exposure as well.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Considering the Outcast thing is one of the possible worst Kickstarters to ever have existed I don't think that's a remotly relevant argument as well.
Recall the latest Tom Hall's attempt to create a 'super oldskool rpg project' and other attempts on Kickstarter.
I think he has probably lost his touch.

Duraframe300

Arcane

Recall the latest Tom Hall's attempt to create a 'super oldskool rpg project' and other attempts on Kickstarter.

A bad Kickstarter banking on nothing with an additional John Romero (And the associated (dumb) vitrol?) and extremly bad timing?

That failed?

Say it ain't so.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Hey, one can only hope he's secretly working on a pitch for it to show to Square.

How about a Codex interview?

zwanzig_zwoelf

A bad Kickstarter banking on nothing with an additional John Romero (And the associated (dumb) vitrol?) and extremly bad timing?

That failed?

Say it ain't so.
Hm, you're right in some way.
Anyhoo, I would really like to see another Anachronox game.
I just don't want it to turn into some piece of crap that will piss off the fans and make the new generation remember this game as yet another failure.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
The old Home of the Underdogs forum loved Anachronox, mostly due to the young Canadian "red_fox" (a.k.a. Ian) that obsessed constantly about the game, even digging up links and concept art for Anachronox Prime, which was the title for the sequel.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom