Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

An utterly shocking news : Grimoire

Wyrmlord

Arcane
What on earth did that even mean anyway?

How hard is it to press Alt + Print Screen and copy it to Paint? "You can't just press F12"? Whoever said F12 was the only way for any game?

No offense meant to this person, but a lot of things on that blog leave me baffled. Giving a long writeup of his Grimoire adventure, instead of just having updates with four or five screenshots each. Explaining that the engine is holding him back from taking a screenshot. Mentioning one's religious beliefs in what is merely a videogame-related blog. Eh?

Mortmal

Arcane
I am surprised he left the character portraits on the screenshots:
http://grimdarkly.wordpress.com/gallery-2/
We could make new avatars out of them and infringe coyprights....
Glad to see his son take on the duty to finish his father 's life work :grimoire . Who knows his grandchildrens may even finish it , we can be confident with a 2040-2050 release date now.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
4uxoD.jpg

is that some tasteful ivory lizardwoman cleavage

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
I will freely admit that I'm not sure what's going on in that portrait other than where the head is.

Kangaroo lizardwoman?

kris

Arcane
Wyrmlord said:
How hard is it to press Alt + Print Screen and copy it to Paint? "You can't just press F12"? Whoever said F12 was the only way for any game?

No offense meant to this person, but a lot of things on that blog leave me baffled. Giving a long writeup of his Grimoire adventure, instead of just having updates with four or five screenshots each. Explaining that the engine is holding him back from taking a screenshot. Mentioning one's religious beliefs in what is merely a videogame-related blog. Eh?

I think you have it in you to solve this incredible mystery.

hanssolo

Educated
villain of the story said:
Oh he does have a wife. And a son (two children in fact, IIRC). And a bunker. And a game. All proven by photographic evidence at his own site at some point or another and reproduced here throughout time. Fucking newfags.

It makes me feel bad to not know as much about Cleve as you, villain of the story.

zool

Arcane
Trolling attempt is over

The Grim Blog is Dead

Aug 20

Posted by grimdarkly

It hasn’t even been a whole week since I started…

I don’t really want to explain why, but it would be unfair to certain people if I didn’t.

Of all the feedback this blog has received so far, I’d say about 97% of it is negative. Really, really mean, negative comments.

I sincerely thank the small group of people who liked this blog and gave support to it. Reading your comments made my day.

Unfortunately, everyone besides you hates Grimoire and anything associated with Grimoire.

They’ve said awful things about it. But don’t take my word for it: see for yourself.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

You wouldn’t believe some of the comments I’ve received. I refuse to even allow such vile comments on my site, so I deleted them.

And, I’m going to stop doing this blog.

It’s very discouraging when you work hard on something, that not even really for your benefit, and you receive such hateful remarks.

Once again, I thank the small handful of people who liked this blog and showed support for it. But I can’t continue it just for you guys.

Maybe, every now and then, I’ll put up new pics or a new post, but, much like the “Metronome Mysterium”, the mainspring of this blog has ground to a halt, and now all that’s left is darkness and oblivion.

-Grim Darkly / Cooper Blakemore

:(

Jigawatt

Arcane
grimdarkly | August 17, 2011 at 6:44 PM

My father no longer strolls through the dirty, ghetto neighbourhood known as RPG Codex. He used to visit their forums frequently, but stopped. I’m guessing it used to be a great site for mature gamers to discuss RPGs, but now it’s full of weirdoes. The only reason he put a mention up there was to generate knowledge of this site. Now that we have it, I never want to go to that hellhole again.
It’s often the case with forums: they start off with a great community and over the years, they get filled with trollers and sickos. Just hope it doesn’t happen here.

I like feeding the trolls… otherwise, things get boring….

As for the release date of Grimoire… I wouldn’t want to disappoint you by not meeting it… :)

Seems both lack of self control and rampant flip-flopping run in the family

Mortmal

Arcane
hoverdog said:
Jigawatt said:
Seems both lack of self control and rampant flip-flopping run in the multiple personas

fixed.
Must be that , i cant imagine such kid so sheltered , he find the comments on rpgcodex too mean and close his blog.Especially with a fater like cleve, you just have to read the horrors he write about black people and compare it with the harmless joking int his thread.

Andhaira

Arcane
Can't believe I missed this thread.

The new screenshots look droolworthy. I played the leaked demo and it was ok. It seems the game has only improved since then. Cleve, I REALLY wish you would remove the option of tailoring the frequency of encounters from the game, if you haven't done so already. It is just too tempting and might take away enjoyment from playing the game.

I dunno what to make of Cooper Blakemore. Could be Cleve trolling, or could be the real deal.

mondblut

Arcane
Andhaira. What does sharia law say about playing godless computer games? Particularly those where you engage in unholy sorcery and consort with nagas, dragons and other spawn of Shaitan?

...Oh, and "Cooper" is too Codexian to be true. Either Cleve having fun or someone who played the demo and did his homework very well. Maybe even someone who tested the full thing in 2002 or 2005, there is a bunch of them at 'Watch besides me. But absolutely not somebody outside our little corner of the internets. "Grim darkly", that's just too obvious.

Atomic

Augur
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
The trolling continues!

http://grimdarkly.wordpress.com/2011/08/21/trolled/

Had you there for a minute, didn’t I?

Trolololo!

Lol, Trolled you so hard.

Nah, The Grim Blog isn’t dead.

But, it was extremely taxing to upload every single experience I was having in the beta. So, I won’t be uploading posts and pics as frequently as I did beforehand. I think, from now on, I’m mostly going to upload screenshots, because they’re much, much easier than writing out a whole discriptive paragraph.

Luzur said:
so Clev...err i mean Cooper Blakemore is Cleve's son?

why didnt he mention this son of his before?

Shame. Cleve is the last Nearderthal, couldn't find a proper partner. Had to settle for inferior Sapiens woman, dilluting the blood.

But one day the Half-Neanderthal shall rise. Neandermind, Neanderbody, Sapiens penis. An unstoppable being.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
And who's to say they haven't tried but always failed? I mean, one does not simply walk into Cleve's bunker.

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
MCA Project: Eternity
Vaarna_Aarne said:
And who's to say they haven't tried but always failed? I mean, one does not simply walk into Cleve's bunker.
No, you send in a suitable military force to blast their way in. I'm sure the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers would do just fine. If Cleve is what he claims to be, he must be captured and studied for the good of the homo sapiens sapiens race.

But seriously, I think Cleve is just what L. Ron Hubbard would have been had he not been such a talented con-man.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Vaarna_Aarne said:
I mean, one does not simply walk into Cleve's bunker.

Its black vault doors are guarded by more than just cameras. There is genetic superiority there that does not sleep, and the Great Neanderthal is ever watchful. It is an impenetrable cave, riddled with security wire and guns and mines, the very custom tear gas you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand codexers could you do this. It is folly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom