Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

An expansion for Underrail is probably on its way

Heretic

Cipher
Styg said

We have a decent amount of work to show you already, but we have to wait for some promotional art in order to do a proper announcement.

I'm also looking forward to writing regular dev logs again (it's been way too long), but we have to do this one thing properly for the mainstream press first.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/250520/discussions/0/350540780280947820/#c350540974001990735

Sounds like an expansion for Underrail.

I'm looking forward to a higher level cap. Maybe even new skills/feats/equipment/recipes?

Severian Silk

I hope Deep Caverns gets filled in completely with gravel.

Last edited by a moderator:

epeli

Arcane
Sounds like an expansion for Underrail.

I'm looking forward to a higher level cap. Maybe even new skills/feats/equipment/recipes?

Yup. Some months ago I noticed a codename of another Underrail-related project on their bugtracker and caught a glimpse of Underrail/Data/Expansions/ directory when testing one of the latest patches.

Styg already confirmed new feats right here on the codex. Other than that I'm guessing it'll be direct plot continuation from where the main game ended. Taking place in North Underrail. New equipment and blueprints for sure. I don't think there'll be new skills though.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
epili, can you give us confirmation that the story of underrail is being worked on? reworked? or getting more added stuff to the existing?

epeli

Arcane
Well, all I *know* for sure is that Stygsoft's been working on another Underrail engine game project behind the scenes for at least 8 months if not longer. The game's test branch had /expansions/ for a short while some months ago. And Styg's about to announce new content coming to Underrail.

Draw your own conclusions. I already posted my guesswork.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Nice. I hope it is a full expansion with at least a three person party. Anyone know if it is definitely not the sequel? The ending kind of made the next part pretty set in stone (I think), unless this will be like a bridge between the two. The worlds a big place so maybe we'll get an new, unrelated adventure. Honestly, I don't give a shit. I am happy something is happening and I'll buy whatever rpgs these guys put out.

Aenra

I hope it does not detract from the qualities of the base game.
If it has any less RNG or fewer trash mob fights in, i will be sorely disappointed.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://www.underrail.com/index.php?...derrail-expedition&catid=43:dev-log&Itemid=61

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/dev-log-47-announcing-underrail-expedition.111401/

Underrail: Expedition

Hey guys,

It's been almost eight months since the last formal dev log. That doesn't mean we haven't been busy working on new stuff, however, and now at long last we can announce the first Underrail expansion - "Expedition".

In Expedition you’ll be able to take a break from the usual metro-crawling to take a boat to the infamous Black Sea, a massive underground body of water.

There, among the old and mysterious ruins of an age long past, you’ll face the vicious fauna, hostile natives, cunning pirates, and something far more sinister than all of those.

Your voyage through vastness of the Black Sea will shed new light on the history of the world of Underrail and the forces that shaped it.

Expedition will feature the following:
  • A brand new story line that becomes available during the mid-game
  • Over a 100 new areas to explore of various types – shores and islands of the Black Sea, mysterious underground facilities, pirate strongholds, and more
  • New human factions, as well as wild creatures to combat
  • New items and crafting recipes
  • New skills and feats
  • Leveling past level 25 with a special pool of feats to choose from
Over time we'll be revealing more details through the dev log, so expect those to once again flow regularly as they did before the game's release.

We expect to release the expansion during the first half of 2017 as a paid DLC.

hilfazer

Scholar
epeli is a pretty smart guy. And he can't resist giving hints about upcoming content.

In his UR character build tool http://underrail.info.tm/build/ he's using this icon:
favicon.ico

It's a hexagon... hmm wasn't there a city in the North Underrail with the same name? And is that not this city where
Six wants to meet with us after we're done with final boss
?
Of course it is!

Styg wants to do more than one expansion for UR. It can only mean one thing...

Underrail:Hexagon is in the works!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom