Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Amiga Wings, remake

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
oh boy oh boy my favourite amiga game, Wings, remade for PC by the legendary Cinemaware, wow they are still alive.
Released now

:happytrollboy:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Playing it now...... gameplay is spot on, same as on Amiga and the game looks gorgeous in-game. Quality remake, Cinemaware didn't dissapoint.:happytrollboy:

230 missions in a story driven campaign...... they don't mak'em anymore like they used to.:salute:

Last edited:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Although I have never played it, I would love Cinemaware to do a modern remake of "It came from the desert" . That would give me an opportunity to play that.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Makabb, is it true that the remake is much easier than the original?

Nope, there are difficulty levels, i'm playing it on medium which was auto-set and it feels like the classic. I was already forced down in my first 20 missions which never happened on amiga version.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
It's a cheap remake. Might sound wierd as I do admit that the gameplay is pretty much spot on. Where it fails is in the visual department. Wings was partly such a success due to the great artstyle. Remake copies some of it but unfortunately all in the cheap 3d instead of the awesome comic art style there was before. Missed opportunity as far as I'm concerned.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
It's a cheap remake. Might sound wierd as I do admit that the gameplay is pretty much spot on. Where it fails is in the visual department. Wings was partly such a success due to the great artstyle. Remake copies some of it but unfortunately all in the cheap 3d instead of the awesome comic art style there was before. Missed opportunity as far as I'm concerned.

Well the gameplay and music is great, you gotta give credit for that music remake, sounds awesome. The art could've have been better but still is good. I'd give a soild 8/10 for this remake.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom