Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Amiga, Commodore and creativity

Mortmal

Arcane
a1000.jpg

yes but its a return to the source kinda , thats the first amiga , amiga 1000

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
You know what would be cool ?
1. 8 bit retrocomputer gets funded on Kickstarter : a 64 KB machine, with 16 colors, and maybe somehow SD card or USB compatibility for convenience of use. Also HDMI output. It gets sold cheaply. Kickstarter is an incredible success.
2. The thing gets hugely popular and lots of games get developer for it.
3. We can pretend the last twenty years never happened.

Luzur

Good Sir
1. 8 bit retrocomputer gets funded on Kickstarter : a 64 KB machine, with 16 colors, and maybe somehow SD card or USB compatibility for convenience of use. Also HDMI output. It gets sold cheaply. Kickstarter is an incredible success.

yes im game if you guys are on this idea.

and i still need to do that C= tattoo.

damn, i'm spoiled. after tasting the power i wouldn't settle for nothing less than my old 4000/040 with 18 mb ram :(

Kirtai

Augur
Grrr, all this talk about Amigas reminds me of a friend who had a fully tricked out A3000T (yes, the tower version) with a Cybervision64 graphics card, Ariadne ethernet, 68060 accelerator, scsi drives, 64MB memory (could have been more), a big, high res multisync monitor and a Toccata sound card. (She was a musician who composed on it)

Not long before we met she threw the whole lot in the bin. :eek:

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Grrr, all this talk about Amigas reminds me of a friend who had a fully tricked out A3000T (yes, the tower version) with a Cybervision64 graphics card, Ariadne ethernet, 68060 accelerator, scsi drives, 64MB memory (could have been more), a big, high res multisync monitor and a Toccata sound card. (She was a musician who composed on it)

Not long before we met she threw the whole lot in the bin. :eek:
Oh God, what a travesty! :eek:

Luzur

Good Sir
theres a new UK made documentary "From Bedrooms to Billions" about the history of videogames about to come out:

also features Rob Hubbard.

CorpseZeb

Learned

Well, most of 8-biters have abilities "to do" HDMI, USB, HD, SD, etc. etc added by magic of external devices, already. And there's a lot of common knowledge how to program these machines. A new one, first, must be discovered by programmers, second and more important, a new one will probably doesn't have a special magic that old hardware has now - I mean - all these programing effort aim to defeat machine specification. For example, it was said, small Atari doesn't had a multicolor hires. Lies!

http://atarionline.pl/v01/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1361631036&ucat=1&ct=nowinki

There's a deeply hackery magic about these effect, texts are in polish, but some pictures aren't.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
But rediscovering everything would be pretty much the whole point ; also, these old computers of old do not have wide distribution and this can be a strong deterrent to most people.

Okay, I am willing to settle for Amiga, Apple II, Commodore 64, and old PC clones.

Although what I miss most are the CRT and the sounds of old floppy and hard disks.

Kirtai

Augur
Although what I miss most are the CRT and the sounds of old floppy and hard disks.
I sometimes feel nostalgic for the "gronk, gronk" sound of my Amigas floppy drive but then I remember what a total pain in the arse they were.

Fuck you Chrome, "arse" is indeed a word.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom