Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Amiga, Commodore and creativity

Luzur

Good Sir
got this today at a fleamarket, talk about lucky find among the PS1 and Sega games.

143434258_1.jpg

Luzur

Good Sir
also, reports are coming in on the new trend of using 8-bit music.

http://europein8bits.com/

EUROPE IN 8 BITS is a documentary that explores the world of chip music, a new musical trend that is growing exponentially throughout Europe. The stars of this musical movement reveal to us how to reuse old videogames hardware like Nintendo’s GameBoy, NES, Atari ST, Amiga and the Commodore 64 to turn them into a tool capable of creating a new sound, a modern tempo and an innovative musical style. This is a new way of interpreting music performed by a great many artists who show their skills in turning these “limited” machines designed for leisure in the 80’s into surprising musical instruments and graphical tools. It will leave nobody indifferent.

as an old-school elite i am not displeased about this revelation.

Luzur

Good Sir
never gonna let this thread die!

new swedish (naturally) C64 site on its way, Café 8-bit:

http://cafe8bitar.se/

(just a teaser atm)

also swedish victory at Flashback C64 party 2012 10th june in Australia, here's the winner demo:

spekkio

Arcane
I'm going through my 'C64 selected games from the golden age' collection.
Most cracktros have better music than 99% of current games.

Uobqj.gif

6 MB of pure incline.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
just buy a C64 and some games.
Well, the main problem is that I can no longer enjoy stuff like this since the financial difficulties started. I remember that just one year ago, when doing drawings in CAD I already had in mind what I'm working for - usually some vintage game...
Now it's all so empty :( ...

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Man, man... just tune up to some SID's and you'll be good. Or listen some wonderful Tao Atari ST tunes (what this guy is doing with humble AY is beyond magic... - http://www.creamhq.de/downloads.php?action=taosongs).
I'm downloading new stuff almost every day. It's just that downloading can't match the real stuff... It's like being dead alive... Imprisoned in a world of shadows...
THESE WOUNDS WILL NEVER HEAL THE PAIN IS JUST TO REAL.

CorpseZeb

Learned
... oh, well. I see.

Ps. I regretted to this day, selling my Atari 800 XL (with disk drive and megaton of floppies). I was collected money for Amiga, past then. Now, Amiga is sitting in the cellar, just gathering dust because I miss my first computer. My beloved, little Atari.

Luzur

Good Sir
In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Ps. I regretted to this day, selling my Atari 800 XL (with disk drive and megaton of floppies). I was collected money for Amiga, past then. Now, Amiga is sitting in the cellar, just gathering dust because I miss my first computer. My beloved, little Atari.
I never really liked my C-64. Setting up the header and loading times were pretty horrible. To be honest, the first thing I did when my mother got a Pentium 75 PC was smashing the C-64 to pieces.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I would probably decide not to if I had a floppy disk drive and if I had originals of Gunship, Project Stealth Fighter and Pool of Radiance and other stuff like that.
But all I had was just a datasette recorder and lots of cassettes with rips and several originals of crappy games that got published in Poland.

CorpseZeb

Learned

Luzur

Good Sir

Nice box, indeed... with 370$ price tag. My sentiment is not that deep. For now, anyway. I'm monitoring local market (for time to time) but prices for "retro" hardware are rather unhealthy.

Ps. Also, NTSC. Many new Atari 8-bit production, demos especially, wont work on the those NTSC machines. Same thing goes for C64.

i could prob dig one up abit cheaper as i have the right connections (a couple of atari-freaks) but it will prob involve shipping from Sweden.

CorpseZeb

Learned
Thank you! I appreciate it. Sweden is not that far... (just across that not really salty and not especially deep water...) Right now, as a mythical Steam summer sales is coming, I have my official "entertainment" reserves already allocated. But its nice to know, that you have a right connection to the right people in the right side of the world :)

Luzur

Good Sir
Swedish User Group of Amiga starts a new Amiga magazine.

A new Swedish Amiga Magazine has seen the light of day! It's the first one in Sweden for about 7 years and it's released by Swedish User Group of Amiga (SUGA for short) to the whole Amiga community in Sweden.

The first issue writes about:

News from the Amiga Community of Sweden
An interview with the creator of AspireOS
Various flat hard drive replacements
Intelvision AGA
How to replace leaking capacitors
A short scene novel
And more!

This 28 page first issue (12 in color) can be ordered from www.suga.se. Note that the magazine in entirely in Swedish.

/ From the editor of AMIGA FORUM

Sweden seems to still be a Commodore stronghold even after 18 years since Commodore went under.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I sold my illustrated Lord of the Rings books and my D&D 3rd ed manuals and bought myself a full version of Solo Flight for C-64 :D . Feels good to be alive again :D .
The first edition, with one of the famous Microprose manuals :D .

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom