Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

American Hare

I've decided that this game would be alot better if instead of a bunny, you played as an African Elephant.

I'm serious business. This new vision change will revitalize this stupid game. Who the hell wants to play as an anthropomorphic bunny raping children? Only idiots.

American Elephant, bitches!

GOPLogo.jpg

Helton

Arcane
American Mare was a tight ass title not only because it rhymed with Hare but because 'America', when you say it, has 'Mare' in it. It's illiteration and shit.

hpmons

Novice
American Care, looking after kids in care. A lot of potential for an evil playthrough.

hpmons said:
American Care, looking after kids in care. A lot of potential for an evil playthrough.

What about if you played as one of the children?

There might be something here. You could explore the various negative aspects of the healthcare and childcare systems in America. It could be fun as well as being a political statement.

Unradscorpion

Arbiter
Carrie Underwood said:
I've decided that this game would be alot better if instead of a bunny, you played as an African Elephant.
This is not helping you to persuade us that you are really making the darn game.

Unradscorpion said:
Carrie Underwood said:
This is not helping you to persuade us that you are really making the darn game.
Because he isn't actually making a game.

Chefe

Erudite
I haven't given up. I don't know how the graphics, programming, and music are going to be done, but goddamnit I'm going to write my idea of the ultimate RPG and see where it goes. After going through a severe writers block, I have emerged, renewed and full of energy. AH now even has the beginnings of a gameplay system!

Here's the blog where updates will be posted:
http://americanhare.wordpress.com/

Chefe

Erudite
Excellent.

In other news, I updated the blog with a posting about my baby, the dialog class system.

Chefe

Erudite
In even more news, I finished the main backstory today in a creative frenzy. It took quite a few hours, but there are 3,316 words there, and it was built on my revised backstory that I thankfully did not delete a month ago. Honestly, the story of Julius Gold, the scientist who created the American Hare, could be a game in and of itself. Well, a bunch of seperate games, that is. I have him being around 88 years old when the game starts in 2274 CE.

As for the other characters, you're followed by a grisled old cowboy named Tex, in his 50's. You can also team up with a young prostitue who performs in those famous *ahem* donkey shows. They have fun backstories too, along with a bunch of other characters such as the criminal overlord (drug trafficking job) and that whole mess of a family. Those backstories are not part of the previously mentioned 3,316 words, though. ;)

There's also a bunch of crazy Mayan/Aztec mythology stuff that ties into the story in a very important way. It adds some "epic" flavor. The archeology career will be most excellent, I guarantee you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom