Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AMA'S LULLABY - A Cyberpunk/Post Apocalyptic RPG

Ama's Lullaby

Mercy Ground Creations
Developer
Wizfall & General Maxson : Thank you for your feedback! We understand that you can have doubts about this kind of projects, we are sure about anything, we do our best :) Will see...

hiver

Looks very nice. Hope you make it.

If you go for crowdfunding i hope you study some successful examples of similar kind of games, as well as few projects who did not make it, despite being good concepts or ideas.

hiver

There was the "Zaharia" rpg, whose lead developer is posting here, currently doing their second game, the "Frozen world". They had a great idea but didnt make it. Its very tough for a team of completely new developers to get through.

I didnt follow those or other kickstarter projects closely, except the few i backed, but im sure you can find good examples and other posters can provide more. You already numbered a few.
Its good thing to prepare really, really well for it. And seeing what worked or what didnt for others is invaluable.

Inxile had done rewards really well for both of theirs, as well as stretch goals, but i dont think you should look at them as directly relevant example since that was on different scale and very much dependent on huge nostalgia hype which you dont have.

Ama's Lullaby

Mercy Ground Creations
Developer
Zaharia game looks good, I didn't hear about us yet. Their prototype showed in the video was already well advanced... Thanks for your feedback! And be sure we will prepare the campaign with care!

Ama's Lullaby

Mercy Ground Creations
Developer
After 8 months without any post here, I'd like to apologize for the lack of news. As you may suppose, we had some problems with the development of our game. The project was quite complex, with tactical combats, characters' health management... We have to admit that it was an awesome challenge for a small team. Even if we were really motivated, we had not enough free-time to work on Ama's Lullaby.

During some months (the whole team was dissolved), I had to step back and think about the project. Then, one nostalgic day I played the point & click game Blade Runner, and it reminded me why making an indie game was important to me. I had to go back to the essential, to focus on three important things: characters, scenario, atmosphere. We had to forget complex stuff, because we are just not experimented enough for that (and there is a long list of reasons to leave these ideas). I had to have more control on the development, to be able to make "un jeu d'auteur" (a "game d'auteur ? ", you know, like a film d'auteur, in French), with a more personal vision. I'm a 3D generalist artist and musician, but I didnt' know anything about programming for games. So I spent all my free time to learn the basics of C#, and I'm sure that in the future it will help me to find the good balance between the needs of the gameplay & the programming abilities. This is the strengh of author/indie games, you know, when the time and money budgets are very limited.

So, is there no futur for Ama? No way! I wrote a prologue to the Ama's Lullaby story, and it is the opportunity to try an other approach. Maybe some of you will be disappointed, because the post-apocalyptic/survival side is absent in this prologue, you'll find "only" a 100% cyberpunk tone.

Today, the modeling process has already begun. Here is a spaceship that has an important place in the story :

AmasLullaby_sshp2.jpg

More news to come in the future about the new gameplay and the story, stay tunned!

Mortmal

Arcane
That's probably for the best to switch to a point and click and keep the soul of the game . The other indie turn based games are in development since so many years its sad. First time i heard of age of decadence was in 2002 i think and its going to be released this october..maybe.

Even that alone its quite the task, maybe you should ask to the other devs here , like the italian guys from icy for some help with the programming, or those guys from quest for infamy.

Ama's Lullaby

Mercy Ground Creations
Developer
DavidBVal & tindrli : Thanks ;)

Mortmal : The guys behind Age of decadence are true fanatics :) I couldn't have that patience, if I doesn't make it this time, I will probably switch to something different...or not. We never know ^^

Ama's Lullaby

Mercy Ground Creations
Developer
Hi there,

For those who were interested in the project, please note that I started again from scratch in a more modest version of the game, far more adequate for a first game development. If you wish to learn more about the new concept you can check out the page on Steam Greenlight for a first preview:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=848587496&searchtext=

There will be much more information in a few days on Kickstarter. Sorry for resurrecting this old topic, but some of you wanted to be informed in case a crowdfunding happens.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom