Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AMA'S LULLABY - A Cyberpunk/Post Apocalyptic RPG

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Mmm you also had me at cyberpunk and Blade Runner
The ingame shots give a very good vibe and from your descriptions it sounds like a Quest for Glory gameplay where you have RPG mechanics and skills in an adventure based narrative...definetly will be keeping an eye out for this one oh and there is nothing wrong with the cyberdoll look for an andrioid

Mortmal

Arcane
I see thers a small demo video on your facebook , not linked in this thread yet:

Its looks very atmospheric with good ambient sounds, however i hope you realize its a colossal amount of work with a team of only four people so far. Wastelands 2 followed a similar path, backed by gaming celebrity, got 3 million , a full team ,and so far according previews (sea review etc..) doesnt fullfill its promises. I wish you good luck but i am skeptical .

You should consider implementing awor suggestions, i am like many others more tempted by a project , with a not so politicaly correct storyline like fallout. Why would i back someone taking no risks with a biowarish story ?

Indeed the possibility to kill every npc is a big plus. Being able to kill npc doesnt means i want to go on rampage like a chaotic stupid D&d teenager, but you should be allowed to, the more interactivity the better, the more different outcomes to a quest the better: Sneak, kill ,bribe ,diplomacy etc... . You just have to have a look at age of decadence or DDOS alpha, they are doing it right, like it used to be in fallout . Thats the kind of things i want to see in rpgs now, not a low budget bioware game.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Sounds promising, but not interested due to camera simulator gameplay

Ninjerk

Arcane
Can sexual intercourse be had with (an) alien(s)? If so, how many? Will there be items to collect from said intercourse?

Baron

Arcane
Good to see the criminally underutilized witches hat being used in the cyberpunk setting.

Nah just kidding, the rest of the alley looks okay. Good luck finishing it.

Syndicate isn't really a RPG, it's not what we're looking for :)
Yeah but that gameworld of Syndicate was just so glorious, such a clear vision... particularly from the intro movie when the PC's own agents are ordinary people abducted off the streets and turned into killers. That's the stuff I want in my cyberpunk. Or the recent movie Antiviral, really nice (macabre) ideas explored and a strong setting.

Perhaps you're aiming for more of a Bloodnet. Recruit various NPCs, have shotgun fights in dark alleyways, find items to enhance your abitilities. I love all that good stuff... particularly brutal alleyway fights. Fantasy genre sucks such a dead dingo's dick, I don't know why people still make them. Space opera, cyberpunk... the only true choice for gaming. As long as there are shotguns and alleyway surgical implants.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
You should consider implementing awor suggestions, i am like many others more tempted by a project , with a not so politicaly correct storyline like fallout. Why would i back someone taking no risks with a biowarish story ?

Indeed the possibility to kill every npc is a big plus. Being able to kill npc doesnt means i want to go on rampage like a chaotic stupid D&d teenager, but you should be allowed to, the more interactivity the better, the more different outcomes to a quest the better: Sneak, kill ,bribe ,diplomacy etc... . You just have to have a look at age of decadence or DDOS alpha, they are doing it right, like it used to be in fallout . Thats the kind of things i want to see in rpgs now, not a low budget bioware game.
Fallout 2 would be a better example than Fallout. It was closer to cyberpunk in mood and one could whore around to get some favours (or get in trouble).

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Yeah but that gameworld of Syndicate was just so glorious, such a clear vision... particularly from the intro movie when the PC's own agents are ordinary people abducted off the streets and turned into killers..
Actually, it's an abducted agent from another corporation. Note how he already wears the agent coat. Also, the only way to get new agents is to abduct agents of other corporations. Abducted people and soldiers don't turn into agents.

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
AmasLullaby_HighRes_01.jpg
First of all please don't use so much buzzwords around here. We are frankly disgusted by them and our first impressions tend to be more "violent" whenever we saw them.

It seems this story would be about naive kawai~ girl escaping from sheltered life and seeing the world with her own eyes. I just hope you watched the right spectrum of anime(The ones where everything shit happens to the girl) because from what i know this audience hate this type of main characters. We hate them so much we don't even want to protect them. We just want them to suffer or die quickly BURN!

Second matter is how much further do you want to delve into dark side of the setting. Cyberpunk setting are not known to be community friendly and judging by the state of the general internet community i hope you won't listen too much of the general community backlash if you decide to show them to us. Don't keep your setting too sterile.

Good luck on your game. I probably won't pledge it if you decide to kickstart it with the way things are going but i may buy it when you release it. One can never have enough cyberpunk games after all.

Last edited:

Ama's Lullaby

Mercy Ground Creations
Developer
Invictus : Thanks! "RPG mechanics and skills in an adventure based narrative". I would not have said it better ;) It's not easy to categorize a game so early in development. We don't have locked all the game mechanics yet. We're indie, we do what we want (and in a way, what you expect from us).

Mortmal and Awor Szurkrarz : I understand what you mean but I think there are different ways to express (Awor) what you want. As you may know, in european version of Fallout 2, we had no children... Well, that didn't stop me from enjoying the game and its dirty atmosphere. A game wound't be a way for insane guys to take pleasure with immoral acts. Fallout 2 is not one of these games, it shows some terrific aspects of the human being, but the moral is still here (in my opinion). You can do bad things if you want in FO2 but you only get out of it what you put in it. I thinks we're okay with that. We have no reason to make a politicaly correct game, you know :) If you read the pitch of the game, you can see it asks one question that could summurise the story: does humanity deserve the heroine's sacrifice? What could make her hesitant to save them? The response is quite simple: inhumnity, that we will have to show by different ways. But all of this won't never be "gratuitous".

Surf Solar : Thanks. But keep yourself informed!

Baron : You're right about hats ^^ I'll take a look at your references.

Horus : Sorry for buzzwords, but we don't want to cheat on that, even if I understand they sound most often like empty marketing ideas...
The heroine's candour won't last for a long time, we don't want her to be a burden that always receive all random shots and dies ^^
As I said to Awor, the story plans to show inhumanity of humans. Darkness will be there.
Thanks for your encouragement.

Scantily dressed character with a slight manga'ed damsel in destress look for male appeal. It just looks so ridiculous.

Saduj

Arcane
The art looks nice. Tell us about the systems/mechanics, please.

Yeah, this. Not a big fan of default characters so would be interested to know how much customization the character system allows...

Setting/turn based combat/survival mechanics is a good start though.

Good luck finishing the game.

Kaucukovnik

Cipher
A playable demo of qualities presented here would make you indie RPG kings. Well, you already have impressive appetitizer in this thread.
Watch and learn, KS cheap asses (well, most of you)!

Edit:
Scantily dressed character with a slight manga'ed damsel in destress look for male appeal. It just looks so ridiculous.

I'd think the same if she wasn't a cyborg. I'd trust the French when it comes to such creepiness.

Last edited:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
The setting and the demo video look great.

Try not to get too ambitious, since very ambitious indie projects almost never get finished.

Good luck !

Ama's Lullaby

Mercy Ground Creations
Developer
Saduj : Thanks. We'll see for cloth customization after the release of the demo, it's a feature we would like to keep for the full game. It's too much work just for the demo.
Kaucukovnik : Thank you. We'll do our best :)
ghostdog : We have to stay prudent, indeed. Each of you has very high expectations for this kind of game. Thank you for your encouragements.

laclongquan

Arcane

Are you suggesting us getting interested because of this:

Because if so you have a twisted and perverted imagination that you think others same as you.

Not that we belittle you, because here is Codex, but damn, mang~

Saduj

Arcane
Thanks. We'll see for cloth customization after the release of the demo, it's a feature we would like to keep for the full game. It's too much work just for the demo.

I was asking about character abilities rather than clothing. I'll keep an eye out for the demo.

Are you suggesting us getting interested because of this:

Not necessarily. The same goes for a lot of games featuring scantily dressed and sexually and or emotionally objectified women for no other reason than appealing to male "ownership" though most wouldn't seriously get you visually interested for that alone. However, it's a trend. A rather manipulative one than the ones that work on raw attraction. Ridiculously proportioned to emphasis sexual nature, scantily dressed, childlike facial features certainly fit that bill.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom