Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Ama's Lullaby - A cyberpunk adventure game

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
From the Codex inbox:

Hi,

I am currently preparing a crowdfunding campaign for an indie game called Ama's Lullaby. This is a one-man project, and I'm looking for help promoting the beginning of the campaign (happening next week). Maybe could you be interested in writing some news about this Kickstarter release on RPG Codex? For now, I have only posted some information on Steam Greenlight Concepts (you can grab most information on this page):

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=848587496&searchtext=

In short: the game is in the style of Westwood Studios' Blade Runner released in 1997 (the famous point-and-click), and features a command-line based hacking system (in the vein of Uplink, as an exemple). The story is about Ama, a young computer-science prodigy living in the 1st colony on another planet. It's about Artificial Intelligence, androids & cyborgs, in a cyberpunk atmosphere. The game features will focus on dialogues, networks hacks, replayability, multi-endings, and a strong audiovisual immersion.

Here is some additional information:

development: Mercy Ground Creations
platforms: PC, Max & Linux
twitter: https://twitter.com/MercyGround
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amaslullaby/
gameplay video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs3jM1icXzk
game release: spring 2019

The Kickstarter campaign will begin on Wednesday, february 8th 2017.

Last edited:

Ama's Lullaby

Mercy Ground Creations
Developer
Hi there :)

Coming next week to Kickstarter!

531712SupportUsFacebookBanner.jpg

Ama's Lullaby - Prologue is an adventure game in the style of Westwood Studios' Blade Runner (1997), featuring a command-line based hacking system. The target platforms are PC, Mac & Linux.

The story

After the announcement of a potential impact between Earth and an asteroid, a space mission of colonization lead by an AI brings a young computer-science prodigy called Ama to the 1st colony on another planet. This place was built by machines for human beings. Ama has designed this AI together with her father and is now an ambassador of the human race. She’s being protected by her artificial creature. But when she finds out the actual reason of her presence in this colony, and notices the strange behaviour of its inhabitants, her world suddenly falls apart.

The game

Ama's Lullaby is a point-and-click video game taking place in a cyberpunk environment. Playing the role of Ama, a high potential teenager who loves computer sciences, you will explore the colony, meet its human and non-human inhabitants, negociate with the AI and make decisions that will impact directly the course of events. Thanks to Ama’s programming talent, you will be able to hack any network of the city, gather information, steal confidential data to use them for your own purposes, disclose them or even blackmail people. But be careful : every action will have consequences on the story, and you will become an easy prey once you identity is unveiled.
The game development will focus mainly on high-quality visual atmospheres and soundscapes dialogues and interactions between characters, as well as on replayability: every new game session offering a (truly) different experience.

A crowdfunding campaign will be launched on February 8th 2017 on Kickstarter: the development process will resume as soon as the campaign is over. The release is planned for spring 2019. If you are interesed in the game and want to see it happens, you can help by sharing our publications! Feel free to contact me (PM or social networks) to get some Facebook or Twitter banners for your profile, as an exemple!

Wish us good luck :)

Ama's Lullaby

Mercy Ground Creations
Developer
Day 1 : 5% funded and 41 backers.

Today is more quiet. Any backer over here? :)

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
you should post an update on the thread you had there!
The hacking part is intriguing, but there is too much trailer time where nothing at all happens:
- 25 s in the beginning before the game starts
- some people walking around aimlessly
I know it is hard to show engaging adventure gameplay, but maybe focusing on some dialogue and sub plot could work.
Or just show gameplay footage with a narrator.
Grats on being featured on RPS btw!
It might make it in the end!

Last edited:

Ama's Lullaby

Mercy Ground Creations
Developer
The hacking part is intriguing, but there is too much trailer time where nothing at all happens:
- 25 s in the beginning before the game starts
- some people walking around aimlessly
I know it is hard to show engaging adventure gameplay, but maybe focusing on some dialogue and sub plot could work.
Or just show gameplay footage with a narrator.
Grats on being featured on RPS btw!
It might make it in the end!
You're right, the gameplay video could be much better :) I would like to show more features, but I have nothing more for now, and I have stopped the development during the campaign, focusing my time and attention on promotion and backers.
The RPS article was so positive for the campaign, it helped so much. I hope we will have similar news in the future...
Thank you for your feedback, and good luck for your project, you've done a lot of work!

We are now reaching 25% funded, so as promised there are two new lilmited perks available: wallpapers and postcards!

1c7375d7a5b48caa7521a9e1a257097e_original.jpg

Check it out here : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1005143815/amas-lullaby-a-point-and-click-game-in-a-cyberpunk

It will be hard to reach 50% funded, but 30 days left so there is still hope :)

Cheers!

Ama's Lullaby

Mercy Ground Creations
Developer

DramaticPopcorn

Problem is, that's about as much as exposure as you could ever get, with 10 days to go and over 50% of pledge target to it's not that viable to me imho. Although 9k euro is nothing to shun at, if your team buckles up and pledges the rest, you will still come out on top of the kickstarter fees, I'd wager. But then, you'll have to actually fulfill all those kickstarter promises :philosoraptor:

Ama's Lullaby

Mercy Ground Creations
Developer
Problem is, that's about as much as exposure as you could ever get, with 10 days to go and over 50% of pledge target to it's not that viable to me imho. Although 9k euro is nothing to shun at, if your team buckles up and pledges the rest, you will still come out on top of the kickstarter fees, I'd wager. But then, you'll have to actually fulfill all those kickstarter promises
Yeah, I try to keep being positive, if backers say that we won't make it they won't back it anymore, in this case it would be a complete failure. But if we could reach something like 15k or 16k, I could encourage my backers to make an effort, giving them some extra rewards, and I could pledge the rest, as you say.

Severian Silk

Trailer is not very exciting. Just some people stumbling around a room and brief clips of... something happening with computers and networks.

Ama's Lullaby

Mercy Ground Creations
Developer
Trailer is not very exciting. Just some people stumbling around a room and brief clips of... something happening with computers and networks.
I see what you mean, but that's why I explain everything in the description of the project. I made this trailer to show that there was no technical problems, and that I was able to make something nice with a great atmosphere. For the rest, I rely on the imagination of the backers. I don't show a game which is 50% developed yet, but why should it has to? This way, I can still modify the game , ask my backers for what they like and what they don't want in the game. And they gave me a lot of good ideas! That's my opinion, but I can't say you're wrong: my trailer is not awesome, I know that...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom