Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Alpha Strike: BattleTech Kickstarter is Live

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

:M

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Well spotted, sir! Have a cookie.

Pretty sure that was an RPG site I joined that fateful day, though.

This game doesn't even have MCA as a stretch goal, what kind of kickstarter RPG is that?!

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
and even music
...not even proper sound effects.
The sound effects for this future project would be very important.

i never tried any of the Mech-games
Go and play Mechcommander Gold so you know what game Harebrained Schemes were not even able to match.

For me it would require a really big leap of faith to pledge for this, especially after pledging for Divinity 2.
And I am not under the illusion either of them showing something more than artworks down the road.
Also Unity. Yay!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Pledge or don't, Codexers, I don't think HBS care very much. :P

One million dollars should be achieved within 2-3 hours.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I am not sure about this one. If it was another Shadowrun game, I would have pledged, but this isn't even an RPG. I'll wait for them to show some gameplay.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
They ONLY need to translate the tabletop to a new engine, as basically Megamek already does, if they cant do it crew it all then. If there is a story and rpg behind every mission its just the cherry on top for me.
I just want some tactical mech action like Front Mission.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
And there's the million! I won't back this, but I will follow it cautiously. Loved MechWarrior series in the 90's!

After all this I hope Jordan goes for Crimson Skies as a pet project at least!

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
What always amuses me is just how insular Codexers are for the most part...like they couldn't conceive anyone would go for this yet it will beat what D:OS got in a month in a couple of days.

I would be persuaded to back if they could add Clans as a secondary campaign, considering how much they'll make it wouldn't be impossible..Always had a soft spot for the Clans..though after Mechwarrior 2 Ghost Bear's Legacy it was all about the primitive Inner Sphere and the Clans were 'teh evils'.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is there anyone who really cares, captain obvious?

I guess what I'm trying to say is there are valid arguments both for and against pledging, so everybody should just do whatever they want, because this Kickstarter isn't riding on us.

Now, where is that update with the new stretch goals...

lurker3000

Arcane
Now, where is that update with the new stretch goals...

Its odd that they made two stretch goals last night without an update. And now they don't have the $1 million update ready to go. Wonder if they are caught off guard at how fast this is going or maybe they are just dicking around.

Duellist_D

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Mindestbeitrag: 1.000 $
19 Unterstützer Begrenzt (181 von 200 übrig)

MERCENARY MECHWARRIOR

All of the above, PLUS:

* YOUR NAME and CUSTOM MESSAGE in the CREDITS! You’ll be listed in the game’s credits along with a short message you get to write.

* A UNIQUE CUSTOM EMBLEM for YOUR MERCENARY OUTFIT. All players will be able to choose an emblem from a standard set to represent their mercenary outfit, but yours will be CUSTOM PAINTED and UNIQUE TO YOU! You’ll work with the HBS ART TEAM to design your own mercenary emblem which will appear as your Mercenary identifier in the game, on your 'Mechs, and in social locations such as forums and leaderboards (if the multiplayer Funding Stage 4 is achieved.)

* A high-quality DIGITAL COPY of your emblem, suitable for printing.

Make a fundraiser and insert the Codex Troll as an emblem, available for all Codex Backers.

Might rustle a few jimmies at RPG Watch

Maybe even add a "2-0" caption for added fun to it.

:troll:

Ironmonk

Augur
new stretch goals is up

Now, MechWarriors, it’s ONWARD towards our next major objective: STAGE 3 - The Extended Mercenary Campaign!

As you will see, we have added several key targets on our march to STAGE 3.

• $1,100,000 - Cinematic Transitions: We'll add short cutscenes for various events in game - such as deploying your forces to the battlefield - and for key moments in the single-player story.
  • $1,200,000 - Player-Character Origin Stories: In BATTLETECH, you’ll create your own mercenary character to star in the story. If we hit this funding level, you'll be able to choose one of six origin stories for your mercenary commander's career. Are you the only heir of a once noble family that has since fallen from favor? The bastard child of a famous MechWarrior? You decide.
  • $1,350,000 - Voice Acting: We'll record a cast of talented voice actors to act as your advisers, provide mission briefings, and record battlefield emotes. We’ll also add voice acting to the animatics for important moments in the story.
  • $1,550,000: 3D MechWarrior Portrait Customization: We'll build a complete 3D portrait customization system for you to customize the look of both your MechWarriors and your own Mercenary commander.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
I think this kickstarter is well done. They did not over promise from beginning how they will achieve a masterpiece for a mere USD 300K, set their goals realistically and without any obvious cash grab goals. Kudos to HBS.:takemyjewgold:

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I think this kickstarter is well done. They did not over promise from beginning how they will achieve a masterpiece for a mere USD 300K, set their goals realistically and without any obvious cash grab goals. Kudos to HBS.:takemyjewgold:
Trying to figure if this is a serious post.

lurker3000

Arcane
All the stage 2 goals bring nothing constructive to the game play and suck.

Just saying.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
haters-gonna-hate.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom