Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alpha Protocol sucks massive Multi-Headed Dick

1eyedking

Erudite
Gentlemen, start your torr-

I, err, mean, patiently lurk this thread until late Friday so you can catch up with the pirates' comments :smug:

MetalCraze

Arcane
OMG AP is so awesome
It has such an awesome gameplay you've never seen in any other game. Like in a real RPG you can either sit behind the box and shoot all those enemies in front of you, or you can play it like a stealth game - sit behind the box and shoot them with a silenced weapon!
And what a character creation. It's so deep - no matter what you pick there you still can complete the game without any problem by shooting everyone - that was such a nice move that devs let us play any way we want!
C&C are there too - you can fuck all chicks and if you talk badly to one guy there will be more enemies for you to shoot. Finally like in RPG!
This is the best game since ME2

vidente1.jpg

Cyclone

Educated
MetalCraze said:
OMG AP is so awesome
It has such an awesome gameplay you've never seen in any other game. Like in a real RPG you can either sit behind the box and shoot all those enemies in front of you, or you can play it like a stealth game - sit behind the box and shoot them with a silenced weapon!
And what a character creation. It's so deep - no matter what you pick there you still can complete the game without any problem by shooting everyone - that was such a nice move that devs let us play any way we want!
C&C are there too - you can fuck all chicks and if you talk badly to one guy there will be more enemies for you to shoot. Finally like in RPG!
Having seen this game in action, you are basically wrong on everything. Sorry.

entertainer

Arbiter
Having seen this game in action this is yet another console shooter full of retard friendly stuff with same popamole cover system "gameplay".

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Cyclone said:
MetalCraze said:
OMG AP is so awesome
Skyway check fail, that's a serious offense here on the Codex..

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Cyclone said:
MetalCraze said:
OMG AP is so awesome

Everyone that registred after 2008 is supposed to agree with skyway, you're doing it wrong

MetalCraze

Arcane
Cyclone said:

You are just wrong! I can't tell why but you are wrong baaaawww Don't you dare to criticize my favorite mod for Mass Effect

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Skyway, remember how you used to go on and on about the targeting in AP? What happened to that?

relootz

Scholar
Threads about AP should be placed in general gaming though.

It's a third person action shooter after all.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
You know that in those E3 videos they play on easy and on godmode, right

Did you even try watching the first one? There is no god mode.
And I guess if you play it on the hardest difficulty it stops being a GoW/ME clone and starts being RPG?
Also so much for "stealth" - in no way you can stealth through that absolutely linear level.

Soon every shooter where characters talk besides shooting people en masse will be called RPG.

Cyclone

Educated
MetalCraze said:
You are just wrong! I can't tell why but you are wrong baaaawww Don't you dare to criticize my favorite mod for Mass Effect
The choice and consequence for this game is fucking rich and complex and creates a lot of serious changes depending on what you do.
MetalCraze said:
Also so much for "stealth" - in no way you can stealth through that absolutely linear level.
This is 100% absolutely, factually and provably incorrect. I don't know why you bother posting if you're just going to post things that literally every person who tries to use stealth in this game will discover Are Not True.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Yes you must be hallucinating. Because apparently you watched for only 10 seconds until he got hit (where his armor level first dropped) and then stopped watching and ran here to post at least something to protect another shitty GoW clone

Cyclone said:
MetalCraze said:
The choice and consequence for this game is fucking rich and complex and creates a lot of serious changes depending on what you do.
Examples? No I'm interested.

This is 100% absolutely, factually and provably incorrect. I don't know why you bother posting if you're just going to post things that literally every person who tries to use stealth in this game will discover Are Not True.
That video where every room is full of enemies and as soon as he hacked that PC and went out the retard-friendly red lines of sniper lasers (so you can find snipers immediately obviously) targeted him prove otherwise.
Oh wait - are you a PR guy for Obsidian or something?

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Clockwork Knight said:

Oh yeah, those videos are wrong, don't dare to doubt awesomness of AP.

Cyclone

Educated
I have literally watched videos of a guy playing through the Moscow Trainyard level and the first Saudi Arabia level using stealth, which worked when he did not fuck up.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Yes, Hamster and Skyway, everybody the slightest bit critical of Skyway are furious AP-fans who have only leveled praise at the game.

It has nothing to do with nuances.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Cyclone said:
MetalCraze said:
MetalCraze said:
Whose alt is this?

Hamster said:
Clockwork Knight said:

Oh yeah, those videos are wrong, don't dare to doubt awesomness of AP.

I couldn't help but notice you didn't refute my statement, just made a weak fanboi accusation...again

come on sport, I know you can do it. Just take skyway's cock out of your mouth for a minute, I'm sure he won't mind. He's too busy talking about AP more than anyone else

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So skyway, about the targeting in AP, mind making a comment on that?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom