Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

All the stat, skill and background checks (spoilers)

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
You are still having problems editing this thread?

I can't edit because I'm a newfag. :?

If someone else is willing to take the content to other thread, I will not complaint. Meanwhile, I will edit the list at the ITS forum. I'm not updating it yet because I have a lot of other stuff to do.

Mozg

Arcane
I wish they'd drop all the crafting down 2 or even 4 levels for just materials. The extra bonuses you get to crafting + sharpening at high levels make a fully tweaked meteor sword a lightsaber, but when you get (for example) some early blue steel stuff or meteor metal it's like, "eh, only 100-150 skillpoints until this is relevant!". Even in Teron when you find some of the hidden steel (like in Miltiades' locked closet) it can't really justify going to six crafting, but at 2 crafting it would be very relevant. It's only +1 damage/DR so I don't think there would be a noticeable balance change. Combined with the fact there's lots of good findable/buyable stuff that is competitive with crafting 6-8 (pre-sharpening) it's hard to find times to buy into it, aside from a push in the endgame to make your
Agathoth choppers.

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I dunno, my crafting blokes have all seen a pretty big jump in effectiveness from getting to level 6 and then 8, which makes that investment worthwhile. Honestly I think crafting might be overpowered, given it's utility in text adventures as well.

Though I agree that the steel in the locked closet is pretty useless.

hivemind

The closet is mostly locked because you used to be able to stand there and fight the thugs one by one.

Mozg

Arcane
I dunno, my crafting blokes have all seen a pretty big jump in effectiveness from getting to level 6 and then 8, which makes that investment worthwhile. Honestly I think crafting might be overpowered, given it's utility in text adventures as well.

Though I agree that the steel in the locked closet is pretty useless.

I've only gotten into crafting with a sword character that was able to buy the 2000 gold blue steel gladius with +25ish aim as soon as I got to Maadoran. I was like... do I spend 80+ SP to make something that's like 15% better than this or do I get dodge to 10 first.

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I've only gotten into crafting with a sword character that was able to buy the 2000 gold blue steel gladius with +25ish aim as soon as I got to Maadoran. I was like... do I spend 80+ SP to make something that's like 15% better than this or do I get dodge to 10 first.
Isn't that the absolute best of the weapons you can buy in Maadoran though? I seem to remember most of the other "special" weapons being pretty lackluster. So if you don't use swords crafting is still pretty god tier.

Also crafting gets you much better armor too, or at least lets you spend your money on something other than that 4000 gold special armor.

Mozg

Arcane
Yeah. There is an axe in the slums advertised as meteor metal that is actually just some steel piece of shitz

The arena champ also drops another smithed up blue steel sword when you pry it out of his bola-choked acid covered hand. Always bet on swords lads

Also gladius 4 lyfe because arterial strike has a poke animation that looks dumb with a curved sword

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I think the vent is just there to indicate that there is another room besides the one you can enter freely?

anus_pounder

Arcane
Anyone know what the checks are for mercenary questline at Ganezzar, where

you want to persuade Carrinas to go for Meru and fuck Paullus?

Woah. Can you do that?

Talking to Carrinas as an IG makes him tell you to stop plotting and just follow Paullus' orders. I didn't know Carrinas could survive in any way other than going full IG or turning to the IG at some point in Teron.

Tigranes

Arcane
Yes, this is IG. I'm not sure as I never succeeded, but

when Paullus orders IG to all band around Gaelius, there's an option to tell Carrinas to fall in line or persuade him to help Meru instead. I presume it's a succeedable option.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yes, this is IG. I'm not sure as I never succeeded, but

when Paullus orders IG to all band around Gaelius, there's an option to tell Carrinas to fall in line or persuade him to help Meru instead. I presume it's a succeedable option.

In my IG play Carrianas told me to stop politicking and fall in line; i thought its nice to show difference between IG and Noble Houses but...

When you have high +20 IG Reputation and Streetwise/Persuasion at 7 you can tell Dux very respectively that he makes mistake and convince him to back Meru instead

Basically doing IG quests IG way earn you the respect you need to sway even your commanders.

Johannes

Arcane
I wish they'd drop all the crafting down 2 or even 4 levels for just materials. The extra bonuses you get to crafting + sharpening at high levels make a fully tweaked meteor sword a lightsaber, but when you get (for example) some early blue steel stuff or meteor metal it's like, "eh, only 100-150 skillpoints until this is relevant!". Even in Teron when you find some of the hidden steel (like in Miltiades' locked closet) it can't really justify going to six crafting, but at 2 crafting it would be very relevant. It's only +1 damage/DR so I don't think there would be a noticeable balance change. Combined with the fact there's lots of good findable/buyable stuff that is competitive with crafting 6-8 (pre-sharpening) it's hard to find times to buy into it, aside from a push in the endgame to make your
Agathoth choppers.
Yeah, making the metals more accessible but simultaneously making crafting worse otherwise, would be good.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
So how to get this Eagle eye implant everybody is showing to get? (Since PE is the stat you like to have at 8 to get all those cool stuf)
Crafting is OK it gives big reward for big investment I dont want it to be Skyrim easy after all... Fighters loot hundred of pounds of Iron and steel which is enough to finish the game with weapons made of blue steel or star metal.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
Buy the eye, put it in, no complicated secrets for that one. It all happens in the Temple area of Slums.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
I think the vent is just there to indicate that there is another room besides the one you can enter freely?

No, it lowers that PER check to notice the secret chamber.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom