Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

All the stat, skill and background checks (spoilers)

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
So far these are locations where I got the power sources:
1 at Aurelian Outpost - (not sure if you can actually retrieve it)
1 at Maadoran Market - curio vendor has one after you buy the astrolabe
2 at Maadoran Slums - at the end of the well (needs dex+con=12) there is a strongbox that contains two of them (lockpick 4)
2 at Harrans pass - you can buy it from the dude sitting in front of the quartermaster, youll have to buy a ghost hand first though (I think it was 1000 gold for the hand and another 300 or 400 for the 2 sources)

Haven't gotten into Ganezzar yet, so there will probably be more available there or in its sub locations.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
yes, 5 men, one of which is wearing the power armor although without any power. it still has 8DR on its own. oh and if you want to fully charge the thing it requires 3 power sources. without power it lowers dodge and block rating by 30 points. with one power source the rating gets decreased by 10 points. and you get 3 different settings on the left hand: apis, anubis and horus. yeah the armor occupies 1 hand and gives it shield bash.
At this point it should be an easy fight, no?

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
i don't have the power sources to test it any further at this point. all i know is that it has two more sockets which i can't fill. and there doesn't seem to be any lore check on the first power source. if anyone knows where i can get more, do tell.

First you can unlock the three different modes (Apis, Horus, Anubis), then you can unlock the last one (Ra) with high lore and a CON sacrifice. Read here.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
First you can unlock the three different modes (Apis, Horus, Anubis), then you can unlock the last one (Ra) with high lore and a CON sacrifice. Read here.
inaccurate. i have all 3 modes with just one power tube. and they work. it seems with each additional power tube you get 1 additional stat bonus, since with one power tube i can get 1 str or 1 dex depending on which mode i choose.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
So far these are locations where I got the power sources:
1 at Aurelian Outpost - (not sure if you can actually retrieve it)
1 at Maadoran Market - curio vendor has one after you buy the astrolabe
2 at Maadoran Slums - at the end of the well (needs dex+con=12) there is a strongbox that contains two of them (lockpick 4)
2 at Harrans pass - you can buy it from the dude sitting in front of the quartermaster, youll have to buy a ghost hand first though (I think it was 1000 gold for the hand and another 300 or 400 for the 2 sources)

Haven't gotten into Ganezzar yet, so there will probably be more available there or in its sub locations.

Ok, more power tubes. Don't read if you don't want spoilers!

1 at the old facility
2 at Hellgate
1 as a reward for the Power Armor quest
and yes, you can take the tube from the Outpost if you don't use the machine

Last edited:

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Maybe this is a bug?
it seems to make too much sense to be a bug. when you insert the first power tube the armor activates and the gauntlet starts to glow blue. i can imagine that the armor should do something else than just glow even if you only insert one.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
What I wanted to say is that after you killed everyone, you take this power tube as spoil of war. People talking about spoilers all the time, I got confused.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
1 at Aurelian Outpost - (not sure if you can actually retrieve it) - activated the machine
1 at Maadoran Market - curio vendor has one after you buy the astrolabe - bought it. it's the one i have
2 at Maadoran Slums - at the end of the well (needs dex+con=12) there is a strongbox that contains two of them (lockpick 4) - not enough stats
2 at Harrans pass - you can buy it from the dude sitting in front of the quartermaster, youll have to buy a ghost hand first though (I think it was 1000 gold for the hand and another 300 or 400 for the 2 sources) - not yet explored
1 at the old facility - not yet explored
2 at Hellgate- not yet explored
1 as a spoiler for the Power Armor quest- no chance
and yes, you can take the tube from the Outpost if you don't use the machine

i hope there are more tubes than places they have to be inserted into...

Reapa

Doom Preacher
is there any helmet that can be equipped with the power armor? i went back to the arena and tried to fight and my opponent kept hitting me in the head since i was wearing no helmet since the fucking power armor keeps me from equipping any.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Maybe this is a bug?

I think I’m remembering now. This is not a bug. The values of the armor increases with which additional tube.

is there any helmet that can be equipped with the power armor? i went back to the arena and tried to fight and my opponent kept hitting me in the head since i was wearing no helmet since the fucking power armor keeps me from equipping any.

Hahahaha, that is because you only have one tube! With more tubes, you will generate a helmet. Just out of curiosity. Do you already have the shield with one tube?

Reapa

Doom Preacher
I think I’m remembering now. This is not a bug. The values of the armor increases with which additional tube.

Hahahaha, that is because you only have one tube! With more tubes, you will generate a helmet. Just out of curiosity. Do you already have the shield with one tube?
fucking piece of shit armor! no, there is no shield unless the gauntlet is the shield. and there is no helmet unless it's invisible. just put 3 power tubes in it and unlocked it with 8 lore and 5 hitpoints. you get ra, but that's it. and the helmet slot is still locked!
EDIT: Allright, it seems the stuff only gets generated in combat. the helmet slot is still empty even in combat so i don't know if there's any way to tell what kind of helmet you get but the image of the helmet does appear on your character. you get both shield and helmet with only one tube. but the armor might be bugged since i remeber having fought with one tube before and seeing no helmet. now i suddenly have a bull head helmet. the char statistics on the right of the screen show a helmet penalty so i must be wearing one. since i didn't know a helmet would get generated i might have tested the armor before without any tubes.
Vault Dweller should step in and clarify shit since you don't get any info on shield or helmet.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
only persuasion reached 8

Just barging in to complain that the description of persuasion 8 as:

35Ht7Kv.jpg

is really bizarre in my opinion. Devs believe used cars salesmen have above 8 persuasion in real life? :?

Reapa

Doom Preacher
failed a lore check despite 9 fucking lore, found the temple, got myself a god, finished the game and lost all interest. maybe it will return...

GlutenBurger

Cipher
Ive finished grifter walkthrough and im kind of dissapointed... No combat and then
I need to get to the temple... Only way to do that appears to be fighting a robot... Did that somehow(without any combat skills) but still I didnt like the fact that I had to do that...

There are a few alternatives to going into combat, but I think they do all add to your body count.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
What's the required reputation with House Crassus to get into their castle? Or are there any alternate ways (besides killing the guards)?

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
fucking piece of shit armor! no, there is no shield unless the gauntlet is the shield. and there is no helmet unless it's invisible.Allright, it seems the stuff only gets generated in combat. the helmet slot is still empty even in combat so i don't know if there's any way to tell what kind of helmet you get but the image of the helmet does appear on your character

The gaunlet generates an excelent shield. The helmet is generated inside the combat. The last mode of the armor give you a bunch of stats, plus regeneration. Its hardness is immense. If anything, is OP as fuck. You are frustrated probably because you tried to use a talker build to kill everything with the thing, but the power armor doesn't do miracles. Shake off your loss, try a different background and learn how to fight. You didn't touch even one tenth of the game. You will thank me later.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
What's the required reputation with House Crassus to get into their castle? Or are there any alternate ways (besides killing the guards)?

4, I think. But you don't need reputation if you are a imperial guard or
maadoran is destroyed
. I think that other facts can make the reputation check unecessary.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Charisma 7 with Dellar gives you +5 to dodge, sword and critical strike.

Charisma 7 provides a lot of additional training. It is really good. I will add this to the list on the ITS forums.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom