Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

All the stat, skill and background checks (spoilers)

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

Reapa

Doom Preacher
You need a noble robe to pass the impersonate check, I believe, just like all other impersonates. That check is only a 3 or so. But then, in order to actually know to give a real noble name, and then to pass Dellar's dummy question, you need lore - 3 or 4, I believe.

You can alternatively try to talk to the guard and then Flavius. In that case, even if you fail impersonate, I believe you can get by with 3 Per + 3 Street or something like that.
i wouldn't say all other impersonates. some guy in the slums wanted to kill me and i got an impersonation skill check and succeeded at making him believe i was with the thieves guild. i don't think any items were required and i can't think of any besides my dagger that would make sense.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Spent long time figuring out which class to play and settled on grifter since apparently im sick of fighting.
I went disguise/etiquette/persuasion/streetwise.
Then at the very beginning ive notticed that criticals skills is nice and can be used to kill people without entering combat.

I tried to skim through list of yours without spoiling too much and it appears that using this skill in dialogue usually involve combat... and that this list is not complete.

So my question is: is this skill viable for character id love to play?(killing is fine as long as I dont have to fight). Im guessing that I could saccrifice eti for that... I feel weird for having it in first place.
i would advise against getting rid of eti in favor of critical strike. if i recall correctly i only used critical strike one time for feng. and i regret having invested in it.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
i wouldn't say all other impersonates. some guy in the slums wanted to kill me and i got an impersonation skill check and succeeded at making him believe i was with the thieves guild. i don't think any items were required and i can't think of any besides my dagger that would make sense.

That is an assassin guild's quest. You were undercover as a beggar, so that is not a counter-example.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
it seems there's no way to bypass the system that makes you wait for a year before being able to edit your posts. just talked with frank and he says a mod could update your list regularly if any were inclined to do so, but he doesn't want to do it himself in order to not get the game spoiled for him before he finishes it. that's kind of a problem because the game might last a while before it's finished, given the whole replayability feature. the only other option would be for a veteran to make a second thread and "steal" all your updates.

Goral, would you be willing to make another thread with this content? You already unlocked most of the achievements, so at least being afraid of spoilers wouldn’t be a problem.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
That is an assassin guild's quest. You were undercover as a beggar, so that is not a counter-example.
false. i am a loremaster merchant and just wondered about in the slums. i was not disguised in any way and was not affiliated with the assassin's guild in any way. and it wasn't a quest, it was an event.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
here's a nice fact for people who want to plan their characters in advance: merchants questline for the second city gives you 74 skill points if every skill check was passed. not sure if it matters to anyone but for the sake of clarity 5 of them are civil skillpoints.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
for feng its just 5 points isnt it? according to this table he should be killable with 2 in criticals. Or is it that big of a loss?
i'm not sure. what table are you refering to? for some reason i have critical strike 4. i might have added 1 or 2 points just in case i'd need it again. but then again you'd probably also increase your critical strike to some extent and that's exactly what i was warning you about. frank said he's playing an assassin and he gets to use it but as an assassin it seems you get to fight, not just backstab. now if you're against fighting only 2 other factions remain: 1. merchant where you basically don't ever fight(except 1 quest where you get into a fight but other people fight it for you and you can just watch, which is advisable since if you get too close you risk being onehit). and 2. thief. i have no infos on thief. there's probably a third option and that would be no faction at all. it seems possible but it doesn't seem very interesting and i don't know how you would get the next city to appear on your map since i always got it from my faction. and then you also have the different lords. now if they do count as factions, i have no idea what skills their quest lines would require. they tend to give you very obscure quests.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
false. i am a loremaster merchant and just wondered about in the slums. i was not disguised in any way and was not affiliated with the assassin's guild in any way. and it wasn't a quest, it was an event.

Ok, then.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
If you fix the pump on the wall [Intelligence 7 + Crafting 5] or [Intelligence 9 + Crafting 3]

Is it mean that
you can fix it with Intelligence 8 and Crafting 4?
I'll check this out.

Nael

Arcane
Anyone know what the Streetwise or Body Count check is to save the merchant at the beginning of Madorran from getting mugged? I've got a body count of 14 and Streetwise of 4 but neither is enough :roll:

Tripicus

Augur
You may lose a point in Word of Honor for tricking Cassius to the abandoned house as well. That's what I did and I seemed to be down a point too, after my business with Feng.

kryminator

Augur
Yes it is.
6 INT + 5 Crafting is also enough
My question is if that jellyfish something can be obtained after leaving Teron? I think, I won't be able to get this now due to lack of crafting. However, I am increasing that skill (got 3, need 5) so I hope that after leaving Teron and increasing my crafting to 5 I still will be able to go back to Teron and get that jellyfish. Is that right?

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Good. I will keep updating the list that I posted on the Iron Tower forums. It's easier that way.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
6 INT + 5 Crafting is also enough
My question is if that jellyfish something can be obtained after leaving Teron? I think, I won't be able to get this now due to lack of crafting.

Yes, you can come back to obtain the artefact later on.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
here's one of the biggest spoilers. you want power armor? you'll need Streetwise + Impersonate = 14 and then streetwise again not sure how high cause i only tested it with 8, 7 and 6 all worked fine and then streetwise and persuasion = 14. OR just 5 lore and 7 persuasion and 6 streetwise... Oo i tell you the stat requests are fucked up. using the lore check low as it is, suddenly even the last check of streetwise and persuasion gets lowered. i can't check how low since as a merchant i already have 6 streetwise and 7 persuasion by the time i hit the 3rd city. anyway lore and persuasion seem to have to add up to only 12.

Last edited:

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
here's one of the biggest spoilers. you want power armor? you'll need Streetwise + Impersonate = 14 and then streetwise again not sure how high cause i only tested it with 8, 7 and 6 all worked fine and then streetwise and persuasion = 14.
Or... you need to kill them?

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Or... you need to kill them?
yes, 5 men, one of which is wearing the power armor although without any power. it still has 8DR on its own. oh and if you want to fully charge the thing it requires 3 power sources. without power it lowers dodge and block rating by 30 points. with one power source the rating gets decreased by 10 points. and you get 3 different settings on the left hand: apis, anubis and horus. yeah the armor occupies 1 hand and gives it shield bash.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
yes, 5 men, one of witch is wearing the power armor although without any power. it still has 8DR on its own. oh and if you want to fully charge the thing it requires 3 power sources.

3 power sources and Lore 8 (?) + a sacrifice of 5 HP.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
3 power sources and Lore 8 (?) + a sacrifice of 5 HP.
i don't have the power sources to test it any further at this point. all i know is that it has two more sockets which i can't fill. and there doesn't seem to be any lore check on the first power source. if anyone knows where i can get more, do tell.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom