Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

All spidersoft games at potato price this week only

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
http://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

For less than a coffee you get

Avernum: Escape from the Pit
Ethergate: Resurrection
Geneforge 1-5
Avernum 1-6
Blades of Avernum
Avadon, The Black Fortress

I'm a covetous jew with dotafag tastes, will I like them?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Geneforge series is p. good, Avernum is okay.
Graphics are shit, encounter design is mediocre at best, but Geneforge has a strong setting and some good choice and consequence stuff.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
I can afford potato so I bought them. Don't know if I'll play tho.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
This is pretty insane. I already own them all, but if you don't you should throw 4 bucks their way just for the Geneforge series (which is awesome).

Nethergate Resurrection is really good too, and kind of underrated (in that I don't see people talking about it much compared to Geneforge/Avernum). It's a historical RPG based in Roman times (although there is magic, so "historical" doesn't necessarily mean "realism"), which is kind of refreshing compared to the usual fantasy universes most RPGs are set in. It uses the old Avernum engine, so its interface is kind of shit, but that shouldn't put off Codexers.

As to the rest, Escape From the Pitt and Avernum 6 are worth playing. Avadon's an OK Bioware imitation so whether or not you like that will depend on if you like Bioware, I think, and the original trilogy is good if you can get past the engine.

Avernums 4 and 5 suck, though.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Fuck, why do these things have to happen exactly when I got broke? Anyway, bought for 3,46 potato because I had only 4,5 potato.

Ignatius Reilly

Scholar
He looks like such a nice and sincere man. Hard to resist throwing him some cash. If he had some Mountain Dew in his hand, I'd have bought it yesterday.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I have all of these and they are definitely worthwhile for the price. Jeff Vogel's earlier work like the Exile series (now free), Geneforge Saga, and Nethergate: Ressurection are a lot of fun and worth the time. Avernum isn't bad either, just not as good as some of the others. Mr. Vogel's really putting his name out lately with these discounts and making the Exile trilogy free to download. Whatever one might think of his current games, it is pretty bro of him.

:bro:

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Truly the portrait of someone that missed the steam train chooochooo.
Look at the grimace of defeat on his face, dat creased brow.

Now that kickstarter mid-tier games are coming out he sees the light at the end of the tunnel (it's a train). Even conquistador mops the floor with all of his games graphically and he's convinced that's all that matters, the dumbfuck biodrone.

Coyote

Arcane
Pay anything you want to receive fifteen RPG epics. Pay $1 or more to receive Steam keys for select games. Beat the average and we’ll also throw in Avernum: Escape from the Pit and Nethergate: Resurrection, DRM-free and on Steam!

Am I reading this correctly? My interpretation is that you get all the games via direct download for any amount at all, Steam keys for all the games but the Avernum remake and Nethergate for $1, and Steam keys for all the games for beating the average. Or is it (a) that you don't get Avernum/Nethergate at all for anything below the average (as suggested by the "Pay more than [average] to unlock these two games" at the top of the page but seemingly contradicted by "fifteen RPG epics" in the first quoted sentence above), or (b) that "select games" means that certain ones aren't available on Steam (rather than just that Avernum/Nethergate Steam keys aren't included in that price range)?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
yeah, they messed up a bit.
pay anything you want to get geneforge 1-5, avadon, avernum 1-6 and blades of avernum.
pay more than 1usd to get steam keys for second avernum trilogy, geneforge and avadon.
pay more than current average to get steam keys and dd for nethergate and escape from the pit.

Grim Monk

Arcane

The Deal Explained:

Pay what you Want:
Geneforge 1-5 [Steam Key]
(Original ) Avernum 1 + 2-3
Avernum 4-6 [Steam Key]
Avadon: The Black Fortress [Steam Key]
Spiderweb Game Art and Hint Books

Beat the average Bonus:
(Its $4.21 ATM)
(Remake) Nethergate: Resurrection [Steam Key]
(Remake) Avernum 1: Escape from the Pit [Steam Key]

They are all available as direct DRM free downloads, plus you'll also get Steam Key's for the ones I marked above.
All also come with Mac versions, and Avadon comes on Linux.

The original Avernum 1-3 Trilogy isn't currently Steam, so you won't get Keys for it.
I think he held up on releasing it since 2-3 are the ones he'll probably remake next...

Edit:
SuicideBunny ninja'd me, and he's was :oops: right.

Pay what you want.
Pay anything you want to receive fifteen RPG epics. Pay $1 or more to receive Steam keys for select games.
Beat the average and we’ll also throw in Avernum: Escape from the Pit and Nethergate: Resurrection, DRM-free and on Steam!

Totally Missed that.

SwiftCrack

Arcane
The man who says that a steam deal would devalue his product now gives away DRM free games for one cent :hmmm:

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
steam

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom