Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy All Codex EU4 MP

Bros, I think I'm going to get some decent internet, then all that will be lacking will be a decent pc.
Until this year's end, I might be joining my fellow Codexers in Grand Strategying.

Bros, I think I'm going to get some decent internet, then all that will be lacking will be a decent pc.
Until this year's end, I might be joining my fellow Codexers in Grand Strategying.

Hope you dont lag on us again. Glad to have you.

Hah, my bro promised me to install a 10mb internerds. Let's see lag with that!

That said, I need to work up on the courage to ask my bro, he already did a LOT of stuff for me these days...

... perhaps month's end?

Krash

Arcane
Forgot to take screenshot, I might later (wrong computer).

Sadly Redscum's internet just wasn't up to the task, and he had to drop out. Somehow his Netherlands is still intact.

This time we got some serious PvP warring, with Bavaria (yeye) and me eventually prevailed over Sweden (merk) + Hungary (malakal) + Naples (Waagh, now Italy). War started when Sweden attacked HRE I think? Not entirely sure. Anyhow I was called and danced a bit at my borders with Sweden, i didn't want to attack and neither did he. Tried to bait him to finland by siegeing a province or two, but that didn't really work. Then I saw one of his huge stacks beeline for Hungary and followed, after a few mountain battles that offensive was repelled. At that point I realized he prolly had to since Hungary was in trouble vs Bavaria. I sieged Hungarian capital and the Hungaro-Swedish forces attempted a relief attack but it failed. One of my big stacks got driven off though with big losses. Meanwhile Bavaria was seizing Hungarian lands left and right.

War ended with Hungary giving up a vassal or two + liberated a province to silesia, and Sweden gave up some of it's HRE posessions except the coast. Nothing cripling, and I'm happy to say there wasn't too much bad blood over this (at least that's my impression).

I was scared half to death of monster Swedish discipline, but when we fought I had the upper hand at least a fair amount of time. I think my superior morale made the difference even though losses were grim. Also we had much potato, and mountain defense bonus.

After the big war opportunistic Muscovy attacked Sweden under treacherous excuse that Norway wanted something. Finland was overrun and Vaarna captured, but Russians and Norwegians were so battered that they not only made peace, they even gave a province to Sweden! I promptly punished Muscovy for their disagreeable behavior by beating them and taking two provinces. Sometimes I'm gentlemanly like that. Rumors of opportunism from my part are of course slander of the highest degree from the loathsome enemies of potato.

By the end of the session, Sweden has consolidated quite a lot, taking parts of Norway and almost all of Denmark. I actually think Merk gained more provinces than me this session, even though he lost brandenburg + 1 more. So well played.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Hungry Hungry Hungary 5: A minor setback.

This session was definitely all about interplayer conflict. I started off nicely, finishing Venice and Ferrara and building up some army and buildings while waiting for things to come. Then the bombs dropped.

Sweden declared war on Hansa with the intention of finishing what they started in there. They called me in and I didnt see any reason not to honor our renewed alliance - after all what can german minors really do right? Well wrong because Bavaria decided to fight this one and I was caught in the crossfire. Because as more perceptive of my readers may have noticed I border both Bavaria and Poland and their attack was directed on me. My army wasnt prepared for a conflict involving other players nor could I use my extensive network of alliances. In short I was screwed.

At first I consolidated my armies and raised maintenance (again war caught me by surprise) but in this time Bavaria invaded my northern mountainous province. This forced me to decide if I wanted to take them back or should I move around and focus my attention elsewhere. Sweden has sent its main army to help so I was thinking "Swedish discipline should be greatly superior and we cant compete with numbers - lets use smaller frontage in mountains for our advantage". Unfortunately it didnt go well. The battle that decided the war was fought in Steirmark and it was more or less a draw if we consider it one to one - losses on both sides. Unfortunately they had more forces and Sweden has not delivered the "oomph" I wanted them to - their super general died and their troops simply underperformed. Then I made a strategic mistake of splitting my remaining forces - couldnt reunite them till the end of the war due to small choke point in the frontline they couldnt move through. In the end I had to peace out with freeing three one province vassals. Could this war be won? Possibly, if I was prepared and if we fought on plains and won decisively. But if Sweden has force limit of 55 and Poland has 110 our victory on the battlefield would have to be decisive.

Anyway once the dust settled I reannexed Ferrara and finished annexing Serbia. I also helped Sweden fend off invasion by Norway - occupied all of Denmark forcing them out of the war in exchange for two provinces for Sweden and driving up our warscore. Muscovy completely flooded Sweden with mass troops so my intervention came in the last moment. Sweden then proceeded to eat more of Denmark and Norway almost uniting Scandinavia - a thing they should have done ages ago. Not sure if they are better off than before tho - losing Brandenburg and Thuringia, very rich provinces, in exchange for some poor Danish and Norwegian lands isnt a great exchange but at least it beats gaining nothing.

In the south my ally in Naples finally formed Italy after eating Milan. Our long term project is consolidating the Mediterranean trade in Venice so we can both benefit from it.

Netherlands usually controlled by Redscum this session was in the hands of the AI. It suffered a catastrophic defeat after it joined a coalition against me and Burgundy occupied the country, ultimately however I made sure they havent lost any provinces and they even vassalized a minor in Germany.

We definitely need some more players though as playing with 5 isnt as fun as EU multiplayer can be.

Krash

Arcane
Because as more perceptive of my readers may have noticed I border both Bavaria and Poland and their attack was directed on me. My army wasnt prepared for a conflict involving other players nor could I use my extensive network of alliances. In short I was screwed.

Well I was surprised too - I was at war with crimea at the time and had to bow out for just one province. I even thought that was what Sweden had been waiting for, me being busy elsewhere before attacking HRE.

My initial plan was to keep north HRE free of Sweden and I only followed them down to you when they went there themselves. I expected merk to try and goad me into a plains battle where his discipline would hurt, but it never happened.

Could this war be won? Possibly, if I was prepared and if we fought on plains and won decisively. But if Sweden has force limit of 55 and Poland has 110 our victory on the battlefield would have to be decisive.

I think so too, although it would have been bloody as hell. If my forces had been driven back early on I wouldn't have been able to help in Hungary and Bavaria might have been defeated. And without much defensive depth yeye would have seen his armies wiped. Another way to win would have been to simply bleed me enough - I have both Ottos and Russians to worry about, and I would probably have bowed out to avoid an opportunistic attack from those two. The Russians did as suspected hit the weakened part after the war - Sweden.

Also my force limit is 110 now, but it was more like 75something at the time of the war. I always stay over force limits though if I can afford it - sometimes 50% above.

We definitely need some more players though as playing with 5 isnt as fun as EU multiplayer can be.

A big burgundy or France would have made things much more interesting yes. If anyone feels like it, do join and try out some MP! Worst case scenario you'll learn something.

yeye

Augur
Netherlands usually controlled by Redscum this session was in the hands of the AI. It suffered a catastrophic defeat after it joined a coalition against me and Burgundy occupied the country, ultimately however I made sure they havent lost any provinces and they even vassalized a minor in Germany.

Actually he got a province out of a war I had with Liege and Brabant early on. The AI has probably done some annoying stuff to his economy though but nothing that's not fixable in a few years. I hope he'll be able to join us next time.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Actually he got a province out of a war I had with Liege and Brabant early on. The AI has probably done some annoying stuff to his economy though but nothing that's not fixable in a few years. I hope he'll be able to join us next time.

Yes but that doesnt change that fact that his armies were gone and he was under occupation at one point and only the fact that I was the war leader on the other side saved Netherlands.

yeye

Augur
I'm not trying to make you look bad. It's a coalition war, he couldn't have lost anything to anyone without you allowing it.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Also Austria is dead, France is dead-ish, Muscovy is in a pinch and Aragon and Burgundy are in PUs under Portugal.

From free nations Id say Castille, Guyenne are the best.

If we find enough new players I think we could also restart our game.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Well this is bad then since I am pretty sure AI will devastate you - unlike Netherlands it has a very vital role to play as a central nation AND emperor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom