Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy All Codex EU4 MP

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Time for more of my mini AAR: Hungry Hungry Hungary 2: Hunger intensifies.

This time I definitely had a better run and was not balancing on the edge of total collapse and destruction for the session. After the start Hungary had a few peaceful years to build up its very unimpressive manpower and gold reserves, raise a bit bigger army and tech forward. Quite soon the full advantage of being in eastern tech group will make itself apparent as the best cavalry units of the time will become available. After that its downhill so its up to me to make most of it.

On the southern front I took one province off Serbia thus achieving territorial continuity that allowed me to core the last Bosnian province I hadnt cored. Made some progress on eradicating the orthodox faith too with only one province remaining as such. Unfortunately reformation started and already four of my provinces converted. Serbia itself was for some time under personal union with Georgia but that ended rather quickly. I made them release Wallachia so that Serbia and Wallachia may remain as my buffer states from the Ottoman Empire. No territorial gains there for me.

In the west south I fought twice with Venice but wasnt able to achieve a victory. Venetian armies itself are not very impressive (even if bigger than mine) but they have a swarm of minor allies that overwhelm me with numbers. Venetian question remains unanswered for now but I DEFINITELY need more coast as my current naval forcelimit of TWO wont allow me to make even a small transport fleet.

In the west Austria is finally crushed and soon to be eliminated. I took off them three more provinces and that has not only improved my economy but also buffed my manpower pool significantly. It only now becomes apparent how really strong is Austria - its several provinces are worth more than the entire Hungary. Bavaria got Tirol which is a pity as it is a gold province and it alone makes for more income than my core hungarian lands but such is the price of keeping our mutually beneficial alliance. Next session will decide the final partitioning of Austrian lands.

Elsewhere in the world Sweden and Poland are fighting northern Germany nations and Russia gaining lands there. Both will soon become great powers and will probably take a more important role on the diplomatic stage. Poland has to sort out its civil war first though and stop spewing dozens of thousands of rebels that then cross borders to my lands.

In the west Burgundy has firmly established itself as the biggest superpower of the world. Controlling the super rich northern French and Dutch territories it expands both west and east, tripling my income and manpower pool, doubling my standing army. Fortunately there are no issues between us as I would be eaten alive easily.

As for overall player standing I would firmly place Burgundy as number one (triple my income and manpower, double the army) followed by England (double everything of mine), Bavaria (triple manpower, bigger income, double army), Poland (double manpower, bigger income but smaller army - civil war!), Sweden (double the manpower and bigger army, bigger income). I am only ahead of Naples which wont probably last as they are expanding into the rich Italian lands.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Wednesday is ok for me assuming we start at 20:15 UTC+1 or at 20 and you guys wait for me if Im late.

Krash

Arcane
I doubt we'll be ready before 20:15 anyways, waiting is no problem.

I knew Hungary's got a shit starting position but daym. Better not bother those Ottomans for now. I'm not sure I want to annex Moldavia, it's such a convenient buffer state.

Krash

Arcane
They're my vassal, I'm more interested in that the AI seems reluctant to declare on vassals. Or at least I've experienced it that way.

e5043711281abab27543381c867f7dd3271a18d8_full.jpg

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I knew Hungary's got a shit starting position but daym. Better not bother those Ottomans for now. I'm not sure I want to annex Moldavia, it's such a convenient buffer state.

Hungary LOOKS big but I think it has overall the poorest provinces of all powers that count in Europe. IRL they had gold mines to help but Paradox forgot about them. I seriously consider going the "fortress Hungary" route and taking aristocracy idea group for 300% total more expensive coring - some big provinces should cost then more than western nations have in maximum pool.

Force them to destroy their admin mana for a strip of shit and mud :troll:

Hungary doesn't even have the black army idea btw, what the fuck were the devs thinking?

Krash

Arcane

Hungary LOOKS big but I think it has overall the poorest provinces of all powers that count in Europe. IRL they had gold mines to help but Paradox forgot about them. I seriously consider going the "fortress Hungary" route and taking aristocracy idea group for 300% total more expensive coring - some big provinces should cost then more than western nations have in maximum pool.

The increased coring cost is great, though enemies can still force you to release stuff (happened to me in MP when playing MAYGAR STRONK). AI Ottomans barely ever do that though, they're content on ingesting that poison.

I'll most def pick aristocracy as my third or fourth idea, accidentally picked defensive out of habit. Or maybe offensive. You may have noted I can never make up my mind on anything.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
IF some one else who wants to join there are still nations to take. Also we are ready to start so get your dumb asses in here.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So time for a little update. Shits on fire YO!

A mix of bad tactical moves and an AI that dose not like me, forced me back from my plans several times, but when given the chance i did expand a bit. My orginal plan was to hit Aragorn and then take my southern part of my land for my self, but a war with Venice decimated my troops and then rebels started shooting up every where forcing me to get loan after loan. Slowly i did fight them back and freed my land from the evil Urbino forces.

How ever it slowed me, but during a massive war with the Ottomans i got lucky. Mantuna wanted my vassal Modena, but i manged to react there Ally tucany was the first to fall and after that a quick siege alter and i had a brand new "Friend" So while i did not grow a lot i have gained some land and some power and slowly i am creeping up to gain the Italian land i need.

1A066DB61AFC8012E795FD57DB94E6015D6A56C4

RedScum

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Mighty England transformed into GB and started it's colonial ventures, while trying to help in the last battles against the ottomans. Very good session, only one who did not enjoy it seems to be the jew.

Well apart from tearing the Russians a new one in the very beginning I spent the rest of the session playing whack a mole with religious rebels. On the bright side now that my manpower is exhausted after I don't know how many decades of that the Russians decided it was payback time, let's see how that works out.

Next time sunday?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom