Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy All Codex EU4 MP

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
What year is the current MP at? And any decent nations left?

It hasnt even started so all nations but England and 1444.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Ok guys Im online now and will start adding you people into the chat erm group thingy that steam has.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It wasnt THAT bad I gained 4 provinces! Bavaria got 2 vassals! All of that just for 40 years of constant wars.

And yes Im thinking Sunday.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
My promised mini AAR: Hungry Hungry Hungary.

Lets start with describing the initial situation: Hungary is a piss poor nation with eastern tech group and 0-0-0 regency with no heir at the game start. Soon it gets an event where it can pick a regent, I landed a 4-5-5 regent for a 3 year old 1-2-1 king. Thus began my waiting time where my monarch was a minor and I couldnt do anything. This time spent waiting for anything to do showed me the weakness of my economy - despite being rather big I had maybe 1/3 of Austrian economic power. I also had a standing army of 13k compared to Austrian 36k and Bohemian 18k. Fortunately I signed an alliance agreement with both Poland and Bavaria, both player controlled nations with goals similar to mine.

Fast forward several years and finally my king died of illness at the age of 13 and I got a new one from Vallois dynasty of France. He was 1-4-5 so not exactly powerful but at least competent in military affairs. He put me at risk of a personal union under France but luckily he got a heir of his own. Anyway as soon as I could I declared war on Bosnia - had fabricated previously some claims for that. After a quick war consisting of me besieging Bosnian provinces (they had lost their army to Serbia they warred with too) I annexed them thus getting three more provinces of 1/2/3 base tax. But beggars cant be picky. Then a problem has arisen - one of those provinces I could not core due to some obscure reasons with range and one Serbian province in the way. They were also all orthodox thus dropping my religious unity a bit. But whatever at least I expanded - at the cost of making some enemies.

Having conquered Bosnia I felt that it would be finally a good time to challenge Bohemia/Austria. With the help of my Bavarian/Polish allies that shouldnt be hard as we had more forces than them. Well it was. I declared war on Silesia (had a cb from mission) and Austria mopped the floor with our armies. Fortunately they wandered off into Poland/Lithuania and I could sign a separate peace with them after some time. That left Bohemia and its minor German allies free for partitioning. I took two provinces off Bohemia, secured one elector as vassal for Bavaria and Poland took Breslau.

Then the problems started. Apparently taking those 5 provinces and paying for one Bavarian vassal out of my AE was enough to create a huge coalition against me. And soon I was involved in two separate coalition wars - one under Venice with German minors and one under Ottomans and Serbia. Situation was dire indeed but peace was achieved after some stalling and sacrifices, a lot of mercenaries and moving back and forth. Unfortunately the war and previous wars have left me, Bavaria and Poland crippled when it comes to manpower and gold. We were bankrupt and bled dry, my standing army dropped to 5k.

Then it became apparent that Austria/Bohemia/OE/Serbia will declare war every time peace ends and it meant two more coalition wars before the session ended. I managed to hold them off both times but my economic situatio did not improve at all and was still out of manpower. Only big help from Poland and Bavaria allowed me to make it thru those hardships. For now. In the last war with OE I was forced to offer them cancellation of my agreements with Poland and now Austria lurks on the horizon with peace treaty expiring in 8 months and me being allied only to Bavaria and Sweden. Fun times ahead.

In other parts of Europe Sweden has been freed from Danish yoke and took one province off it at the same time. Is out of manpower too, unfortunately. Poland annexed Masovia and took one province off TO losing the Czech province gained at war (selling it back) due to rebel issues (massive 32k revolt!). Bavaria has conquered one province and vassalized two of electors. Current voted are at 3 for Austria and 2 for Bavaria.

Unfortunately Burgundy has expanded like wildfire showing definitely that it has no place in a central European game. While I would describe Poland Hungary and Sweden as middle powers and Bavaria as a small power with ambitions Burgundy definitely plays in the big league. It has crushed France and expanded both in the French areas and Low Lands.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
ooh codex eu IV mp, cound me in for the next session.

RedScum

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I guess Bavaria is gonna be taken since i dropped out, any suggestion on nations?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom