Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Aliens: Colonial Marines

MCA
Well maybe that's the point, to set up a place away from the colony that would also be safe from the future explosion. It could even be an incomplete construction zone for the expansion of the colony. Maybe a remote mining outpost or what have you. You could take some liberty with the film canon, based on things that could neither be directly validated or invalidated based on the films.

But yes, a completely different, generic colony, or maybe even a retelling or reimagination would also work.

kazgar

Arcane
Just saw this come up for preorder on steam, $80 US for us second worlders. That's the most expensive single game i've ever seen on steam.

They are joking right?

%40 more then US or UK prices.

Creative Assembly has an Alien (! - not Aliens) game in development too, though. Maybe that one turns out to be good.

The only way I can see a game of the original Alien concept being done justice is as a adventure game - large action scenes are simply anathemic to the whole concept. That and at least one C+C: 'are you far stupider than the ship's cat, or only moderately stupider than the ship's cat?'

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Creative Assembly has an Alien (! - not Aliens) game in development too, though. Maybe that one turns out to be good.

The only way I can see a game of the original Alien concept being done justice is as a adventure game - large action scenes are simply anathemic to the whole concept. That and at least one C+C: 'are you far stupider than the ship's cat, or only moderately stupider than the ship's cat?'
Depends what you mean by adventure. I could see it working like Amnesia.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I lost a few brain cells after watching this thing. Oh God , if you exist, why don't you kill those marketing retards?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Commander, alien forces in our perimeter.

Where?

USS Sulaco, but they're on the move. Current location unknown.

THERE IS NO TIME TO BE LOST! BATTLE BROTHERS! COLONIAL MAHREENZ, TODEH THE ENEMY IS AT OUR DOOR.

But quite possibly the most fucking retarded part of that trailer (and the incoming game) is how the character can wrestle aliens. What in the shit

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Wow... I think it's not even worth to pirate shit.

Just, wow...

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move - kill it again. WOw.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Preview

After playing through a short preview of some of the game's early levels, it's hard to say whether the game will live up to the lofty expectations of series fans.

The most honest description of my experience with the game is a somewhat obvious one: it's Call of Duty: Aliens, for better or worse, in terms of story, gameplay and aesthetic.

It's sad then, that the small amount of story I was exposed to felt dull and formulaic - and, most importantly, the titular Aliens were astonishingly clunky, weightless and unimposing.

:killit:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
... I'll just watch a Let's Play on YouTube instead.

EDIT: 8-bit Aliens is more scary than this crap.

Jashiin

Arcane
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/01/24/new-aliens-colonial-marines-trailer-heavy-on-the-colon/

Damage control from gearbox :lol:

mikey.jpg

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I like how someone tried to take Apone's monologue from the cryochamber and Hudson's special edition drop ship boasting and make a trailer out of it and failed spectacularly. They somehow forgot that Hudson was supposed to be a macho idiot full of false bravado, oh well.

Borelli

Arcane
In the movies aliens are natural predators picking people off one by one causing them to be too scared and too stressed to fight back effectively.
But here the marines are "kicking ass" (vomit), seeing aliens being killed so easily makes them lose that something, that feeling of them being dangerous, being a threat.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
In the movies aliens are natural predators picking people off one by one causing them to be too scared and too stressed to fight back effectively.
But here the marines are "kicking ass" (vomit), seeing aliens being killed so easily makes them lose that something, that feeling of them being dangerous, being a threat.

Perhaps this particular strain of aliens has been feeding/birthed from a batch of humans that were under heavy sedation, like an insane asylum transport with patients on space valium. Would explain the slow aliens and the marines being capable of physically restraining/grappling with them.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
:smug:This will quite a trainwreck:smug:

I'll say it again, I'd back the ship's cat from the Nostromo to wtf-pwn all these guys.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom