Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alien: Isolation

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
You know its fucking insulting thats what it is.

You know what's insulting too? The fact that your mom didn't abort you and now we have to deal with your shit.

Astral Rag

Arcane
You know what's insulting too? The fact that your mom didn't abort you and now we have to deal with your shit.
tumblr_inline_mqx09ihnqF1qz4rgp.gif

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
Sorry man i just cant imagine that scene. Nobody belives Riddick abot the alien. Riddick yelling "you have to belive me i saw it goddamnit! Its comming and its gonna kill us all we have to work togeth.... while the guards knock him over and drag him to his cell.

I mean why would Riddick be telling anyone about it... No he would use it..

He did try to warn others about monster creatures, in both Pitch Black and Riddick 3, though he was bad with communication so nobody understood him properly.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't know why everyone seems to like Alien: Isolation so much. Yeah, it has nice visuals, but it is still a shitty console game with terrible interface and controls and very bad stealth. Stealth in this game is actually cover-based, so even if the room you are in is well lit and you staying very close to alien but behind some cover, the 'ultimate hunter in the universe' won't see you and it just walks by! FFS Alien is also very retarded, so you can use the same tactics with it all and over again - just throw a noisemaker and it will come to it like a puppy. Yeah, so hardcore... Story was interesting, but too predictable and also too long. They should have ended the game after the conversation with Apollo or soon afterwards. Instead, we got a few more hours of gameplay where it seems that the devs just don't know what to throw at you.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I don't know why everyone seems to like Alien: Isolation so much. Yeah, it has nice visuals, but it is still a shitty console game with terrible interface and controls and very bad stealth. Stealth in this game is actually cover-based, so even if the room you are in is well lit and you staying very close to alien but behind some cover, the 'ultimate hunter in the universe' won't see you and it just walks by! FFS Alien is also very retarded, so you can use the same tactics with it all and over again - just throw a noisemaker and it will come to it like a puppy. Yeah, so hardcore... Story was interesting, but too predictable and also too long. They should have ended the game after the conversation with Apollo or soon afterwards. Instead, we got a few more hours of gameplay where it seems that the devs just don't know what to throw at you.

Agreed, but considering that this game is popping up in many "Best of 2014" lists, it makes one cringe to consider what ALL THE OTHER GAMES are like.

On that note, the third DLC was released for the game yesterday...and nobody seems to care. No wonder, as it's more of the same "Survival Mode" crap, and not a 1.1 patch in sight for the main campaign.

Developers/publishers today really have shit for brains if this is how they prioritize things.

Goat Pervertor

Prospernaut
Possibly Retarded
He did try to warn others about monster creatures, in both Pitch Black and Riddick 3, though he was bad with communication so nobody understood him properly.

yes he did try to warn them but that was AFTER they caught him... The same in the third movie i think but i dont count that one really. I count only the first the game and the cartoon. The second movie was okay? but the third was shit.

Pretty clear you haven't played the game, since if you did you would have known that most people on the station don't even know about the alien and there is a lot of other shit going on.

I cant play it... i need a dx11 gfx card:decline:. But after seeing the videos im not sure i want to play this illogical bullshit.
here specificaly at 40:15

No amount of "other shit" would justify the characters actions. They would increase their survivial chances by 200% if they joined together... Cause when theres a disaster you dont want to be "isolated" from everybody unless your a pcychpatic killer like Riddick.Its just common sense...
And now i read that there are even killer robots on the ship. Well thats another reason for everyone to.... shoot at eachother what else.

I think the devs were aiming at Bioshock here so they made the station kinda like Rupture2 with everyone against everyone and all the graffiti shit.... Cause its just not tense enough to have THE ALIEN onboard and killer robots. no everyone has to be an asshole too. All in all a dumb move.

Damn man "why are you so damn agressive..." you would fit in this game real well. Especialy since your a fucking lizard too.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Making people neutral and having absolutely no 'safe' zones would work nicely. What are the odds that alien won't bite your ass when you're surrounded by other people? What are the odds that the vent in the room doesn't have a big alien?
That would be a bitch to get working, though. Developers cannot into proper non-linear stuff, since that would turn their shitty plot obsolete.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Just replaced my GFX card with a GTX 980. Running all settings on ultra, rendering at 4K and supersampling to 1080p, framerate is smooth as butter :smug:

No amount of "other shit" would justify the characters actions. They would increase their survivial chances by 200% if they joined together... Cause when theres a disaster you dont want to be "isolated" from everybody unless your a pcychpatic killer like Riddick.Its just common sense...
Not if you're trying not to draw any attention to yourself. They can't effectively fight the alien, their best chance is keeping a low profile and hoping it goes after the other guy.

Goat Pervertor

Prospernaut
Possibly Retarded
What about what they did in Alien3. Nobody there was fighting each other no what they did was actually killing the fucking thing. And if a bunch of basicaly lunatics could get their shit together and come up witha working plan how come this bunch cant. And remember in A3 they did it TWICE. First when they locked him in the blast room by using FIRE which was pretty smart and in the end when they lured him to the lead pit which was risky but actually did the trick. And then when Ripeley hits the sprinklers and the water blows him... Thats how you do it!:salute:
Too bad you cant do something like that in AI...:decline:

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Only like one out of a hundred guys survives in Alien 3 and the plan to catch the xenomorph only worked because it wouldn't hurt Ripley:mrfussy:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
What about what they did in Alien3. Nobody there was fighting each other no what they did was actually killing the fucking thing.

Which version of the film did you watch? The originial theatrical release, or the Special Edition 10 years later?

Nevermind, doesn't matter. In both films there are prisoners who don't give a rat's ass about the Alien, all they care about is that there's a WOMAN right in front fo them, and she's more than worth raping ten times over than dealing with some "possible" alien lifeform. They're shang-hai'ed into running interference to try to trap the Alien after Dillon the preacher beats some sense into them.

And if a bunch of basicaly lunatics could get their shit together and come up witha working plan how come this bunch cant. And remember in A3 they did it TWICE. First when they locked him in the blast room by using FIRE which was pretty smart and in the end when they lured him to the lead pit which was risky but actually did the trick. And then when Ripeley hits the sprinklers and the water blows him... Thats how you do it!:salute:

Oh, disregard my last question, I can see which version you watched first. And if you'd paid attention, very few (if any) of the prisoners agreed to this plan, they weren't really given a choice. Either you:

# Get killed by the Alien.

# Help trap it running like an idiot, and possibly survive.

And look at the end of the film, only one prisoner survives, and he's being held by The Company, not exactly an upgrade, is it?

Goat Pervertor

Prospernaut
Possibly Retarded
Well that guard survived too but then the company soldiers shoot him... So plus Ripley technicaly thats three survivors. But the point is it can be done. And it definately gets better results than shooting at eachother in any case.

OK technicaly that doesnt qualify as an insult... Its i guess just bad luck. Or like a misfortune... If someone doesnt abort and years later you have to put with someone elses shit you cant say its insulting becaause there was no intention to insult. The woman simply could not have known...

So you can say "You know whats unfortunate?... since your mom didnt abort we have to put up with your shit"

BUT if someone says you MUST have a dx11 grafix card to play a game that weighs 25 gb and does not justify it neither with crazy grafix neither with making sense in the plot then THAT IS FUCKING INSULTING.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
On that note, the third DLC was released for the game yesterday...and nobody seems to care. No wonder, as it's more of the same "Survival Mode" crap, and not a 1.1 patch in sight for the main campaign.

Developers/publishers today really have shit for brains if this is how they prioritize things.

Well, SEGA probably figured that everyone with their very short and limited attention span was pretty much done with the main campaign. Well I didn't touch that Season Pass crap except for Crew Expendable (duh, it features the Nostromo and Ripley so you pretty much have to try it) and that shit was like 15 minutes long anyway.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
The first (two) DLC, the two mini-campaigns related to the Nostromo and the original crew, that was awesome...but at the same time check my criticisms of them earlier in this thread, which went something along the lines of "Why not just have the game take place on the Nostromo in the first place?" People would be willing to pay $50+ just to have the original cast of Alien reprise their roles in one form or another - which they did. But then Sigourney Weaver went above and beyond in her role - the latter part of that DLC... just listening to her saying phrases and lines from the film that we all take for granted?

If she would have been paid in hugs, she would have been squashed to death by now, just for the DLC work.

That first DLC is worth the money... the others that follow it, no. Not even close. They're trying to prop up Survival Mode into something worth a damn, while never seeing that it's the LAST THING people care about - people want a decent main campaign, a closure for Amanda Ripley - not some inconsequential blather about how some company exec (or how bitch-boy communication officer Hughes) made it off the station in some survival "play or die!" mode that mostly served to annoy people.

Caim

Arcane
I'm more curious about the return of profit: how much was actually made on the game's sales?

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Just a pity they dropped the ball on most of the season pass content.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom