Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alien: Isolation

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I liked the working joes, but they should have more advanced bots.

Maybe some that look human but aren't and try to trick you or something.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Concept art from the game.

tumblr_ngcxivTl8M1sxm4gzo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_ngcxivTl8M1sxm4gzo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_ngcxivTl8M1sxm4gzo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ngcxivTl8M1sxm4gzo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ngcxivTl8M1sxm4gzo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_ngcxivTl8M1sxm4gzo8_1280.jpg

DragoFireheart

Found some details on Nightmare mode:

- Alien stays out of vents for longer periods.
- Alien tackle where he just damages you has been removed. If he ever gets in zero range, you're dead.
- Alien adapts to you and your distractions faster.
- Motion tracker screen sometimes blanks and flickers but it still works fine.
- No map.
- No HUD (you can't see your health). This isn't too bothersome since you can still check ammo in the radial menu and a few hits from anything will kill you anyway.
- Working Joes are more deadly and are harder to kill.
- Tougher hacking puzzles.
- The flamethrower is nerfed. Just one little burst consumes 100 fuel.
- Very little to scavenge. Virtually every chest, locker, corpse, etc has zero loot. Scrap metal is rare. Crafting things is much tougher. You will have to make decisions about this now. I found this to be the biggest jump in difficulty.

Goat Pervertor

Prospernaut
Possibly Retarded
Which reminds me, you know what would be really interesting, a Riddick Escape from Butcher Bay/Alien mash-up. There is no way Amanda would be able to escape from an Alien encounter. She's nothing special. But Riddick can. Hell the Escape from Butcher Bay even had similar mechanisms to A:I (stealth, vent crawling, weak guns, revisiting previously explored maps, etc.). Just put Riddick in a prison, an Alien got into the prison, Riddick escapes from an encounter, no one believes him, now he must escape from both the prison AND the Alien.

Actually this is the plot of David Twhoy's unused script for Alien 3.

Sorry man i just cant imagine that scene. Nobody belives Riddick abot the alien. Riddick yelling "you have to belive me i saw it goddamnit! Its comming and its gonna kill us all we have to work togeth.... while the guards knock him over and drag him to his cell.

I mean why would Riddick be telling anyone about it... No he would use it.

just like
he did in the game! Where he delibirately blows a hole in a cave so that aliens or xenos(how they call them) can come and kill everybody while he escapes.

Now im a big Riddick fan but the point is he is not a very nice person. So itsa good idea but it would never happen.

Besides if the alien and Riddic ever bumped into each other in the dark im pretty sure Riddick would win that fight. Yeah.... he would shiv the alien. He would ghost him with his shiv and then he would say something cool... I cant think of anything nownbut it would involve the word "dark".

DragoFireheart

The Alien or any Alien would rip Riddick apart. If Riddick shived one he'd lose his arm from the acid.

Goat Pervertor I hope you weren't serious and are just a Riddick fanboy.

Goat Pervertor

Prospernaut
Possibly Retarded
Ok aliens acid blood would be aproblem so shiving it wouldnt work but Riddick could always sneak up on him and just break his neck. And THEN he would say something cool, like

and YES i am a Riddick fanboy. But i only count Riddick from the first movie and the game. Riddick from the other two movies would probably use aliens acid to shave his bald head.

DragoFireheart

Riddick would not sneak up on an Alien. Instead he'd get a Facehugger and die.

FFS even Predators struggle with Aliens when they don't have their Plasma Death Rays and I'm sure a Predator is much tougher than fucking Riddick.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
In the examples when Riddick has had to deal with xenos, their biology is made to mirror his abilities in one way or another, to make him look more badass.

Riddick fights with knives, so we get an alien lifeform that stabs and stings.

Riddick has night vision, so we get an alien lifeform that also had night vision.

Riddick versus an Alien would be interesting for the better part of 30 seconds while Riddick engages, hurts it and promptly melts in a puddle of acid.

But Riddick versus a Predator? THAT would be entertaining.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
And speaking of the Alien, I just had a twisted idea for a game:

Five Nights at Hadley's.

You're the nightwatch at the Hadley's Hope colony on LV-426, sitting in Ops with your network of cameras, maybe even a motion tracker on your desk. Yesterday an explorer from the colony came back with a parasite on his face, and now he's dead. Rumours say that there's something running loose on the station, something...alien. Can you survive five nights of something skulking in the shadows, closing blast doors and keeping an eye (and ear) out for signs of movement?

(Spoiler: No you can't.)

Seriously, the ultimate homage to Five Nights at Freddy's. Sega could license the idea from Scott Cawthon, get this game up and running in six months and make a fortune by charging $6.99.

Goat Pervertor

Prospernaut
Possibly Retarded
Sorry guys but NO. Riddick could take down BOTH the Predator and the alien for the simple fact that hes smarter than them.:cool:

YES he has above average strenght and nightvision but what makes him the best killer is his BRAINS... Like in the first movie when he STUDIES bones of those flying monsters and finds a weakness in ther sight... he doesnt just go brute force on them. Or in the game he doesnt just run adn gun to the spaceport, he first creates a diversion with the xenos which is a pretty smart move and it makes his escape actually plausabile.

Now i agree that the Predator could pose a chalenge but again he doesn have enough brainpower for Riddick. I mean in the movie he got killed by a falling log ffs... how embarassing is that. Also lets not forget his stupid sense of honor which got him under that log in the first place... And if Arnold Schwarchenegger could beat Predator than sure as hell can Vin DIESEL.

But the alien is by far the dumbest and would pose zero chalange for The Riddick. I mean its justa stupid animal! In the first movie he didnt "hunt" anyone! He just walked around and stumbled into people.... or they stumbled into him mostly. First when that guy chased his cat, then when the captain went LOOKING for him to poke him with a flamethrower for SOME reason... Then when they were making all that racket in the end.
The poor thing probably just wanted to get some sleep... And in the escape pod thats what he did! He was trying to hyberrnate like a bear or somerhing.... Why didnt they just leave him alone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

And the movie is like that... Like a commedy. Like some city folks got lost in a forrest and a somewhat large but slow bear chases them. OMG A BEARRR!!! AAAaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Now i know a bear is a dangerous animal but he is NOT a prefect killing machine... and if i had a shotgun im pretty sure the only danger would be of me steping into his splattered brains. Although in the movie they didnt had any weapons but still... they were pretty fucking incompetent like the most incompetent crew in the universe. Well at least in space no one could hear their incompetence hehe?( uhhhh...)

But now they make a game where the same thing happens! Like the alien universe is filled with total idiots... who in the 25 century just
CAN. NOT. DEAL with this thing... Its just too much for them. They would rather die than i dont know... SHOOT HIM!???! I honestly dont
know why it has such a rep... Its JUST A SPACE BEAR...:?:?:?

So there you have it the fight is over RIDDICK WINS and gets another 20 UDs and a pack of smokes! :salute:

riddick.jpg

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
After I visited LV-426 and the medical station before I am kinda afraid to keep on playing because those moments were just so good. I fear it only gets worse after this. :<

Angthoron

Arcane
Meh, RoboCop would arrest Alien, Predator and Riddick, while stomping out Terminator with left foot and Megatron with right one. Then he'd merge with Mad Max and rule the world as Immortal Emperor.

:M

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
After I visited LV-426 and the medical station before I am kinda afraid to keep on playing because those moments were just so good. I fear it only gets worse after this. :<

Nope the hardest parts of the game are still ahead, and the most plot-twisty parts. Those faggots complaining all over the interwebz about the game being too long are, well, faggots.

Hope you like Working Joes.

Starwars

Arcane
LV-426 was such an obvious piece of fanboy faggotry made all the worse for... it basically being a walking simulator. And to add insult to injury, it ends in a supremely shitty cutscene with the egg/facehugger. They didn't even have the balls to let the player control the POV anymore.

So shitty. But yeah, it looked good I guess?

Goat Pervertor

Prospernaut
Possibly Retarded
Well i actually agree Robocop would arrest Riddick... but he would escape from prison later so... Riddick wins again. As for Megatron thats a cartoon so its not really fair but i bet Riddick would find a way to drive him like a mech and wreck shit up. He does that in the game
two times:cool:

OK about Alien:Isolation

It seems i cant even play this. Aparently i dont have the hardware wtf??/ Great... I watched some videos and it looks good but not THAT good.(riddick looks better)

BUT... I noticed some really dumb stuff in there.

First.
Completely irrational characters. And i dont mean their general incompetence to deal with a loose animal... I guess thats just the way things are in the alien universe.
But WHY did they split up into HOSTILE groups? How does that help their survival??? The guy says "its safer that way".:?:?:?
No its not! And i get that theyr scared but really...Its just stupid. Even in the movie nobody did that did they? Cause they had SOME sense. And here they even have GUNS! Heavy machine guns. But instead of using them on the alien they use them on eachother??????

Also i have a gripe with those graffiti on the walls. Stuff like GO BACK! and NO HOPE and ALL IS LOST adn such. How dramatic... All that because of a space bear. Well fine... but its really lame. You know in SS2 there was just ONE of those and it was a refference to the first game. I guess people there had more important things to do than write stupid shitt on the wall the whole day and fight each other.

The whole premise is just completely unplausibile.

I cant belive i torrented this shit the whole night... And deleted 20gb of space for THIS!? Deleted some good games!:argh: You know its fucking insulting thats what it is.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Just started this tonight... Only up to the first alien encounter, but so far it's pretty rad. It's kind of a shock to play a AAA single player game with manual save stations, non-regenerating health, and non-linear maps that aren't sandboxes. The ship looks gorgeous - I'm already wishing I could play a full-scale RPG in this kind of setting and perspective. My one complaint so far is there's a little more scripted BS than I would like, but honestly it's not even very much compared with most AAA single player games. The script and voiceover is even pretty good. Nice atmospheric opening too. Gonna have to see how much they develop the survival and stealth gameplay, but initial impression is :incline:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well i actually agree Robocop would arrest Riddick... but he would escape from prison later so... Riddick wins again. As for Megatron thats a cartoon so its not really fair but i bet Riddick would find a way to drive him like a mech and wreck shit up. He does that in the game
two times:cool:

OK about Alien:Isolation

It seems i cant even play this. Aparently i dont have the hardware wtf??/ Great... I watched some videos and it looks good but not THAT good.(riddick looks better)

BUT... I noticed some really dumb stuff in there.

First.
Completely irrational characters. And i dont mean their general incompetence to deal with a loose animal... I guess thats just the way things are in the alien universe.
But WHY did they split up into HOSTILE groups? How does that help their survival??? The guy says "its safer that way".:?:?:?
No its not! And i get that theyr scared but really...Its just stupid. Even in the movie nobody did that did they? Cause they had SOME sense. And here they even have GUNS! Heavy machine guns. But instead of using them on the alien they use them on eachother??????

Also i have a gripe with those graffiti on the walls. Stuff like GO BACK! and NO HOPE and ALL IS LOST adn such. How dramatic... All that because of a space bear. Well fine... but its really lame. You know in SS2 there was just ONE of those and it was a refference to the first game. I guess people there had more important things to do than write stupid shitt on the wall the whole day and fight each other.

The whole premise is just completely unplausibile.

I cant belive i torrented this shit the whole night... And deleted 20gb of space for THIS!? Deleted some good games!:argh: You know its fucking insulting thats what it is.
Pretty clear you haven't played the game, since if you did you would have known that most people on the station don't even know about the alien and there is a lot of other shit going on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom