Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Alan Wake to disappear from stores forever, 90% off for next 16 hours

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Apparently the music license expires (or something) so they have to pull it from stores, so if you wanted to buy this this is your last chance (it's 90% off on steam). I bought it because of the huge sale % but didn't realize it would be gone forever if I didn't (well, gone forever from land based retailers :smug:).

Self-Ejected

Barnabas

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shitposter
I wonder if they will take used copies of the Xbox version off the shelves, there could be a panic

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Apparently the music license expires (or something) so they have to pull it from stores, so if you wanted to buy this this is your last chance (it's 90% off on steam). I bought it because of the huge sale % but didn't realize it would be gone forever if I didn't (well, gone forever from land based retailers :smug:).
What are you? A sky based retailer? Space based?

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
What are you? A sky based retailer? Space based?

Look for high seas release Comrade; Har Har! +M Although in this case Commissar is not sure the game is even worth sailing.

Deleted member 7219

It has good atmosphere and excellent art direction. Like a Stephen King novel come to life - which also means the writing isn't great, but in terms of story, it's a good pulp thriller. Soundtrack is great too.

I played it on the 360 and then bought it on PC and thought the PC port was outstanding. I give it another playthrough every couple of years purely from a graphicsfag / atmospherefag perspective.

Some people say the combat is bad but what do you expect from a third person game like this? I actually kinda like the mechanic of light 'em up first, shoot 'em second. Some of the larger fights can be quite challenging and fun. It can also be very satisfying to gather all the enemies together and then annihilate them with one shot from a flare gun.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Is the game any good?
Too long (11 fuking hours based on HLTB.com) and too repetitive. Real nightmare of boredom start after 2-3 hours after new game start.
DLC/standalone expansion/whatever it is called American Nightmare is shorter and more consistent.

Also have it on Steam because it was in bundle for $1 but I don't remember the reason why they put it here...

garren

Arcane
Patron
It's pretty average. The gunplay and the spooky forests are cool at first, but get old real fast. The enemy variety is not big enough, just the same spooks over and over again. And the story is a convoluted mess. Also one pet peeve of mine was the camera, there's this weird sideview all the time, you can't position it directly behind your character, annoying as fuck, makes you feel like you're not running exactly where you aim to.

Still, I'd say it's fun for a playthrough if you like this twin peaks sorta atmosphere and spooky forests.

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Love the game, but I did always (twice) get tired of it after the main game was done at the latest. Never played the two DLC episodes, never played American Nightmare.

The gameplay was basically luigi's mansion with guns, which gets pretty repetitive with no score count, pseudo fishing, and bosses. They did try to spice it up in american nightmare, but the lack of variety was still there, since you still had to light up the enemies first with the exception of the crossbow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom