Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Fear 3: The Legend

les

Age of Fear
Developer
Hi all,

We have just released 3rd game in Age of Fear series:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/431700/Age_of_Fear_3_The_Legend/

It will be available from 1st September. Press Kit there:
http://age-of-fear.net/downloads/AgeOfFearPressKit_HD.pdf
(drop an email to our PR guy if you are interested in reviewing it or something)

If someone wants to pre-order:
http://sites.fastspring.com/ageoffear/product/ageoffear3preorder

turn-based-strategy-game-animation.jpg

Age of Fear 3: The Legend is a refreshingly fun strategy that marries a tabletop wargame with elements of RPG. The game features a huge variety of units, a novel hex-free battle system, morale and multiplayer. Play as a beautiful dryad or a drunken dwarf lord in two story driven campaigns.

aof3-store-header.png

FEATURE LIST
  • Two long scenarios - play as a beautiful dryad or a drunken dwarf lord in story driven campaigns!
  • Hex-free battle system - units are no longer constrained to artificial grids. Unit's size matters too.
  • Steam Workshop integration - create your own world and share with the community!
  • Easy to Play but Hard to Master - Age of Fear is very easy to pick up but with deep and emergent strategy.
  • Low hardware requirements - the game will even work on that old laptop of yours.
  • Permanent death - all characters that fall in a battle will stay dead - unless an evil Necromancer raises them as Zombies!
  • Diverse enemy roster - game features 160+ unique units with over 250 different spells and skills.
  • AI behaviour is modelled on a neural network system and influence maps. Age of Fear has probably one of the most advanced strategic AI's ever created!
  • Items and artifacts - there are over 100 unique items in Age of Fear, which are randomly distributed. Items not only give bonuses, but also unlock powerful skills and spells.

Take care,
Les

Last edited:

Slimu

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I will pre-order the game next month since I like your series.

Can you say when you think AoF 1 Gold will be released? I'm asking because I would like to play them in order in their final version. I played only a few hours of each game since there were many improvements added in patches and usually I don't have time to replay games. Is the AoF 2 Gold the final version or do you plan to add some new features to it?

Good luck and I hope you'll have strong sales for the series!

Last edited:

Epsilon

Cipher
Already bought the previous two, I will be looking forward to this one. Thanks a lot for your continued support of the Linux platform.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Already bought the previous two, I will be looking forward to this one. Thanks a lot for your continued support of the Linux platform.
Yeah, also bought and played both. The only campaign I didn't like was the succubus one. I don't know, but I just couldn't get a grasp on how to play them without the majority dying each fight.
All the other campaigns I found very enjoyable, though.

les

Age of Fear
Developer
Thank you guys!!

AOF1 will get its Gold version as soon as we replace all illustrations in story. Our graphics guy is busy with polishing other assets before AOF3 release, that's why there is delay.

Of course we will work on AOF2! It's just a marker, not a conclusion. Just recently AOF2 got patched with destructible objects and more stuff will follow. We are experiencing with procedurally generated levels in our engine, we will surely retro-fit it somehow.

Succubus campaign can be played either with summoners and getting lots of cheap cannon-fodder or with massive ranged army (succubi with fireball + evil eyes with paralysing attack). Or you can tank with knight, but AI will first aim at your damage dealers, so ymmv.

les

Age of Fear
Developer
A friend of mine started Let's Play for Age of Fear series:

https://youtu.be/H5tWj60AFvk

2nd episode was quite funny, when one of his soldiers flipped on a spiked barricade :-D
To be honest I have forgotten that I have added spikes to barricades...

les

Age of Fear
Developer
Well, good things about those LP is they are allowing to see the unpolished things in gameplay.

les

Age of Fear
Developer
It's just AI vs AI to demonstrate gameplay. I will try to add some commentary & music.

TheGameSquid

Scholar
Hah, was just thinking today "I wonder if that Age of Fear guy is working on something new". Guess I missed the announcement for AoF3!

Looking forward to this one. And good on you guys for supporting Mac and Linux!

:thumbsup:

les

Age of Fear
Developer
Hah, was just thinking today "I wonder if that Age of Fear guy is working on something new". Guess I missed the announcement for AoF3!

Looking forward to this one. And good on you guys for supporting Mac and Linux!

:thumbsup:

Thanks!

Yep, over the last 2.5 years we have been working on this one.
It still misses few finishing touches like free unit's rotation, some bits of story to proofread, etc.

Release will be 1st September, but you can wishlist it now:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/431700/Age_of_Fear_3_The_Legend/

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
les It is matter of prestige and kicking DU in his butt to get him to work for his money the glory of Codexia.

Also, all other devs got one, so it would be weird if you didn't.

les

Age of Fear
Developer
les It is matter of prestige and kicking DU in his butt to get him to work for his money the glory of Codexia.

Also, all other devs got one, so it would be weird if you didn't.
ARGHH!!! RIGHT, WHY I DON'T HAVE A DEV TAG THEM?! :-P

Meanwhile, we are working on adding battle music.
We are at very early stage, but aiming to finalise it before the end of August.
Our suggestions are in the post below:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/431700/discussions/0/1470841715960174268/

Feel free to add anything or suggest alternatives.

les

Age of Fear
Developer

Bowman

It was a log time since the last patch, therefore we have released what we have done:
  • new: All battle levels have lots of destructible objects, such as crates, barrels, toxic spores, etc. Some of them will contain treasures
  • new: rotation mode - units that has not moved it this turn can freely turn in any direction.
  • update: after finishing battle, units will be able to repetitively cast spells

We also have few bigger updates in pipeline (graphics, new items, etc.), they should be ready exactly for AOF3 release.

If you haven't wishlisted AOF3, please do it now. We are going live 1st September!!

store.steampowered.com/app/431700/

Take care,
Les

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom