Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Empires II/III/Mythology Kkkodeks Multiplayer

I'm up for any of those as long as it's the original games and not those third party expansions forced by mircroshit after killing ensemble.

Delterius

Arcane
Yes, it's p. retarded. First team game I played was 3v3 with noobs, and apparently they had a 60 minute truce, hurr durr.
Oh, you don't remember how the truce thing started?

At first people began houseruling the game to see if underpowered nations/cards or inadequate boomers could be used more often. Back then things weren't so bad since the 'treaties' were only 10 minutes long. Then people began scheduling longer 'treaties' just for the fun of fucking around with insane endgame economies and homebases surrounded with ten thousand rows of walls. Basically the popamole version of death match.

Two expansions later and Ensemble gave people the ingame option of setting treaties of up to and past a whole goddamn hour. This turned 'treaty' from a retarded thing between friends into a 'valid' form of AoE3. The players never stopped aggravating each other over it. I'll never forget the tears of 'Pro Treaty Players' whenever they were utterly destroyed by the mean supremacy players.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yes, it's p. retarded. First team game I played was 3v3 with noobs, and apparently they had a 60 minute truce, hurr durr.
Oh, you don't remember how the truce thing started?

At first people began houseruling the game to see if underpowered nations/cards or inadequate boomers could be used more often. Back then things weren't so bad since the 'treaties' were only 10 minutes long. Then people began scheduling longer 'treaties' just for the fun of fucking around with insane endgame economies and homebases surrounded with ten thousand rows of walls. Basically the popamole version of death match.

Two expansions later and Ensemble gave people the ingame option of setting treaties of up to and past a whole goddamn hour. This turned 'treaty' from a retarded thing between friends into a 'valid' form of AoE3. The players never stopped aggravating each other over it. I'll never forget the tears of 'Pro Treaty Players' whenever they were utterly destroyed by the mean supremacy players.

Nah, I didn't play multi back when AoE 3 was new.

I'm not a pro by any means but I think treaty is boring and lame. Just get rekt till you git gud and suck up those losses instead of turtling like a madman for a full hour.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
So? I'm waiting

GQqVozw.png

Delterius

Arcane
Take screenshots and videos for those of us held back by work. Maybe we can turn AoE into a codexian sport, a new more gentlemanly way of solving future grievances.

Johannes

Arcane
I'll install AoE2, just a sec

1 hour and 20 minutes, hope you are patient.

Actually, not that much:

IT7PCcL.png
I hope the HD version allows you to play the normal version too, not 100% sure about that.

Take screenshots and videos for those of us held back by work. Maybe we can turn AoE into a codexian sport, a new more gentlemanly way of solving future grievances.
Will post replays probably.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
I'll buy Steam copies of AoE3, AoM and AoE2 to any South American codexer who wants to join the fray.

I'm tempted...

Got AoE2 HD sys-reqs? My comp is shit.

I think HD sys-reqs are:

k5yRX6Y.png

But actually on Voobly you play with non-HD version. Just played one with Johannes and he won. I have a lot to remember, playing some solos now.

One thing I noticed is that on HD version the default hotkeys are different, wtf!?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/221380/discussions/0/666825524894381540

Laptop65
iconGames.png
7 Nov, 2013 às 15:59
I'd just change them back manually for now. Even if they do a patch it will be a day or so at least.

One good thing to report is that the game ran smoothly on Voobly, no lags or disconnects.

Problem solved!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=552934442

This mod reverts the new grid-based hotkeys that come with Age of Empires II HD to the ones from the original CD version. If you're new to the game and learning how to play, we would sincerely recommend to learn the new hotkeys instead. This mod is for players who have played the game for over a decade and do not wish to relearn their habits.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
We played The Conquerors. I think Johannes has the original CD version while I have the steam HD version. The Veeblo thingy turns the HD version into the original version to synchronize the games, so I think there are no forgotten or african civs.

I'll try 5-10 single test builds to feudal to get it right before going multi again. Here's a guide I'm gonna watch now:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom