Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence Win A Pre-Order Copy Contest

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Then I went to youtube and remebered we're not in 1998 anymore...BRo, they just don't do that now...trailers are made of CGs, cutscenes and VA, they look like movie trailers. And they don't list a single feature, it's just 10/10, GOTY, MAJESTIC! and all that. In the end, we unnintentionaly made a "classic" trailer, that woudn't look out of place as one of those trailers inside demo CDs in the 90's/early 00's... I don't know about VD and Oscar, but I liked that, I think it fits the game nicely. :)

Reminds me of these

MCA
Whoever the fuck The Smilingknight is on RPS, he should just stop posting.

Excellent trailer, btw. I would be completely blown away if I weren't already familiar with the demo. The tag line about ancient evil is so fucking killer.

I also think the game is in desperate need of a PR spin. People take it for a straight ancient Rome game and it's hard to blame them with all the heavy Imperial era imagery and the Latin names.

Whoever the fuck The Smilingknight is on RPS, he should just stop posting.

Excellent trailer, btw. I would be completely blown away if I weren't already familiar with the demo. The tag line about ancient evil is so fucking killer.

I also think the game is in desperate need of a PR spin. People take it for a straight ancient Rome game and it's hard to blame them with all the heavy Imperial era imagery and the Latin names.

:bro:

Wild Slop

Arcane
Basically a different variation on my previous in that its from another movie with monkeys.
*removed annoying white line. Prob happened when save as JPG.
AODdysseyb.jpg

Lacked the skill to convert this:
2001apes-thumb-510x245-39088.gif
so settling with poster.
Damned washed out and photobucket messed with it too. Still enough to get whats what and had some fun making it.

Marsal

Arcane
Is the message that only apes would play AOD, or am I interpreting it wrongly?

Wild Slop

Arcane
:)

hah and thanks to you Sir ..oh, Gorilla. In 2001 those aren't really monkeys either, just a convenient coincidence that both the classic movies feature such.

EG

Nullified
The Monolith is a sentient intelligence that interferes with the evolution of life in order to something something soul.

It caused our evolution (and the collapse of Jupiter) for the sake of making us (then them) awesome.

Then it decided to destroy us, before Boman-3000 put a stop to that.

They learn from the black monolith.

Really? I guess I shouldn't have skipped the ape segments in the book . . . But why does the Monolith teach us to hate one another?

Have to say - 2001 is pretty much the only example I can think of where film > book. Mainly because the film knew to keep the ending vague - the book was still darn good, but the same author then went on in the sequels to explain the ending in the most mundane manner. I'm guessing it was because it wasn't a case of the film being adapted from the book - the film script was co-written with the book's author before the book came out.

Anyway, to answer your question, the idea isn't that the Monolith teaches us to hate each other per se. The Monolith brought forward an evolutionary jump, giving apes the first 'big leap' in intellect, setting the path for human evolution and civilisation. Intellect being what it is, this is immediately expressed in violence (in the film, the intellect jump is famously shown by one of the apes picking up a stick, playing with it for a bit, then realising it can be used as a weapon and throwing it at another ape). I.e. it's implying that violence was always going to be a side-effect of intelligence.

Wild Slop

Arcane
I know its over and much thanks for picking me. Does that mean we must to stop though? I don't know whether to put this in the GD propaganda thread or here.
Photobucket does what it does and messes around. So imgur:
rIMlP.jpg

I hope Dicksmoker doesn't mind the liberties I've taken. I got a kick out of seeing his name attached to his lovely quote on the ITS homepage.
*Fixed. Here is a smeared blank if anyone cares.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom