Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence Win A Pre-Order Copy Contest

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
garf5.png

Wild Slop

Arcane
So it doesn't really fit, but it was a fun way to for me to take a stab:
KingAODv2.jpg

THECHOSEN1111.jpg

In looking for a Nostradamus image the use, the ideal one found was already a parody prophecy for some website (Freakingnews.com). Looked around to see if they too used an original image from somewhere else to spoof, but couldnt find. It felt a little strange using for my own parody so I set it aside. It was the only one that had what wanted so I came back to it. I like the Kong one better anyhow.

Images resized a bit in post. The Kong source was huge and reduced a lot in the making.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
You and Vince had your hands on this one too Oscar, so don't forget to give yourselves a copy! :lol:

Also, how about embeding a link to the demo on that "Download the Demo" text? ;)

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Pretty good Felipepe. If I hadn't already played the demo I'd be tempted to try the game after watching that video.

:thumbsup:

Mozgoëbstvo

Learned
You and Vince had your hands on this one too Oscar, so don't forget to give yourselves a copy! :lol:

Also, how about embeding a link to the demo on that "Download the Demo" text? ;)

Man, that is some serious stuff. A gameplay+art tralier better than those your average AAA studios. All the other shit in this thread is farcical: if there was any
doubt left, you have just sealed the deal. Holy shit. You should probably officially enter the credits as a marketer.
You're really awesome.

Man that looks awesome. At first I didn't actually like the setting of post-apocalyptic roman empire, but this trailer is rather excellent. I want to be a legionnaire! :incline: Where can I find that first felipepepe trailer?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Thanks for the feedback guys, was a really fun video to make and a refreshing change from corporate stuff, I'm glad you liked it too. :)

Where can I find that first felipepepe trailer?
Here:

Is still more "impacting", but that's most due the metal soundtrack & fast editing (and aweshum fire).

It's easy to make a lulsy video, to me the real challenge and fun came from making a video that serves an actual prupose and shows the features, using only assets from the game, not just GC, Maryln Manson music, Live-Action movies and pre-rendered stuff that won't have anything to do with what you play. ;)

If I hadn't already played the demo I'd be tempted to try the game after watching that video.
I'm very tempted to play it now, just by watching that video.
I want to be a legionnaire!
My work here is done... :walks into the sunset:

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
A new entry from felipepepe.

Age of decadence : Engage your enemies in turn based combat. And master the system to even the odds. Acquire the finest gear.

Age of decadence: Visit new places. Meet different people. Discover ancient wonders. Improve your skills.

You know what I'm saying felipepipi ? No? Fuck you I had to find a way to get those KKKs :rpgcodex:

(I'm no judge, but besides those parts that I think should have been done differently/avoided that was great, who the fuck do I think I am talking like this to a professional video editorrrrrr fuck why don't I shut the fuck up)

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
...I don't quite get what you're trying to say, obamacare.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
...I don't quite get what you're trying to say, obamacare.

stuff like "visit new places/meet different people/discover ancient wonders/acquire the finest gear" is too generic(how often can games "claim" they don't have that, RPG or not?)...

and I think the "discovering ancient wonders" doesn't have context(sure, there's a guy operating looking at a glittering machine, but I feel people will only actually get things if they already know about the game, then again there is already a big fucking crater and doomsday stuff in the beginning, but then that may imply something that shouldn't have been implied, like an actual nuclear war somehow making society become like that, or something)

"acquire the finest gear/improve your skills" is redundant and whatever somehow isn't redundant about it certainly could have been done before in the video

I don't think "Engage your enemies in turn based combat" is good presentation(fuck, I don't think this is the right word :M) nor it does it go well with the music that just started

and then you put "And master the system to even the odds", which again doesn't work well without context(or foreknowledge) and regardless of the state of the industry it should go without saying

but it's not like anyone can do this better

and I really do not intend to try to do a lecture or anything, maybe there wasn't enough content to work with or something

it looks you're assuming the viewer knows nothing about AoD and putting information that would require knowing about the game to be completely understood at the same time, which in this case does not work well

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Tá, senta lá Cláudia. You know, when Oscar and I were discussing how to make the trailer and came up with this approach, I said "definetly has a very AAA-like trailer concept". I really though it was just a generic, standard format, every game is shown like that, logo-background lore-gameplay-list features-logo at the end, right?

Then I went to youtube and remebered we're not in 1998 anymore...BRo, they just don't do that now...trailers are made of CGs, cutscenes and VA, they look like movie trailers. And they don't list a single feature, it's just 10/10, GOTY, MAJESTIC! and all that. In the end, we unnintentionaly made a "classic" trailer, that woudn't look out of place as one of those trailers inside demo CDs in the 90's/early 00's... I don't know about VD and Oscar, but I liked that, I think it fits the game nicely. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom