Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Age of Decadence - Tips, Tricks and Spoilers

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Does the game get any balance issue if you did many of the side content? After I defeated the arena champion and got his aromor beside dagger that gives a 26% THC I'm kinda unstoppable in maadoran. I'm taking groups with not big effort in the meantime.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Does the game get any balance issue if you did many of the side content? After I defeated the arena champion and got his aromor beside dagger that gives a 26% THC I'm kinda unstoppable in maadoran. I'm taking groups with not big effort in the meantime.
Once you defeat the champion, you're gonna be in top form when it comes to maadoran. But there's probably still some things that can trip you up later, depending on how you've built. If you're pure combat, you probably won't find the rest of the game as challenging, except maybe a few encounters.

Zer0wing

Cipher
You can try raiding temples with 'demons'.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
Okay, I know they redid something, so here's my question:

- Can I, as a Praetor, build up an Alliance between House Daratan and the Legion without changing sides to the Legion? If yes, how?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Okay, I know they redid something, so here's my question:

- Can I, as a Praetor, build up an Alliance between House Daratan and the Legion without changing sides to the Legion? If yes, how?
You can't. Antidas won't listen to reason until he's cornered like a rat and you can't corner him while working for him.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
I don't know if this is a bug or something but I can't seem to access Al-Akia. Meru sent me on an expedition and when I came back the siege took place and I persuaded Pallus to not do anything to the place but then when I went back to Meru it's like we we were not trying to do anything with al-Akia and suddenly the temple is just what we want. Nothing about a second exepdition. I'm playing as a loremaster who joined the Merchant Guild.

The only way I was able to access it is when I gave the surgical kit to the guy in hellgate but I clearly want to know if it's possible to go there with Meru

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I don't know if this is a bug or something but I can't seem to access Al-Akia. Meru sent me on an expedition and when I came back the siege took place and I persuaded Pallus to not do anything to the place but then when I went back to Meru it's like we we were not trying to do anything with al-Akia and suddenly the temple is just what we want. Nothing about a second exepdition. I'm playing as a loremaster who joined the Merchant Guild.
I experienced the same problem with not being able to travel to al-Akia as a loremaster Commercium member, even though as far as the story is concerned that should be the next thing Meru wants to do. And reported it as a bug almost three years ago. :M

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
I experienced the same problem with not being able to travel to al-Akia as a loremaster Commercium member, even though as far as the story is concerned that should be the next thing Meru wants to do. And reported it as a bug almost three years ago. :M
It's really frustrating. I did this walkthrough to explore the biggest amount of lore with no fights and I did very well in every quest just up until this point. Looks like I won't be able to witness any Balzaar content and be forced with Agathoth ending again. But good thing I was still able to ascend although it wasn't what i was planning for :M

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
It's really frustrating. I did this walkthrough to explore the biggest amount of lore with no fights and I did very well in every quest just up until this point. Looks like I won't be able to witness any Balzaar content and be forced with Agathoth ending again. But good thing I was still able to ascend although it wasn't what i was planning for :M
After encountering this problem during my second playthrough (Loremaster, Commercium, no combat), I went back to a save late in my first playthrough (House Daratan, loyalist to House Daratan, no combat), where I was able to accompany Meru to al-Akia, and through judicious editing of scripts.aod --> data --> text --> dialogues --> english --> ALK_HC_02.xml (plus ZGT_End_Balzaar.xml and possibly ZGT_Reactor.xml), I was able to view all the Balzaar endings. +M

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, it's kinda annoying that the Merchants' Guild isn't as suited for loremaster characters as you'd think in this regard.
If you wanna try again from the top, may I recommend doing everything in Teron with the Merchants but skip dealing with the mine, then going to the mine and joining the Aurelians from there. You'll be swimming in SP, get a bunch of training (from Merchants + Feng and Cassius, maybe more) and end up on the more lore-heavy Aurelian track with the helmet quest and everything. Pretty sure you can do the entire thing without combat, or at least you could last time I tried.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I'm not sure if I'm getting it but I will see if I can do the same
If you use a zip/unzip program on scripts.aod, you can access data\text\dialogues\english\ALK_HC_02.xml or any other .xml file. This allows you to edit the numbers for any skill/attribute checks (e.g. aod.lore >= 5) to whatever you need and then save the file (create a backup first!). As I said, I only used this to view the Balzaar endings via a save from my first playthrough, after a bug resulted in my not being able to conduct the ritual in al-Akia with Meru during my second playthrough as a loremaster.

Last edited:

Latelistener

Arcane
The first was Balzaar (aka Baal-Zurath, aka Baalzurath) - Chief of the Demons, a living "god", vengeful and mighty, "the first to be welcomed, the first to bite the hand that fed him". Most probably Imperial Army soldier Iulianus became a vessel for him. Balzaar attacked Magus' tower in Inferia, then he attacked Maadoran, where he was crippled and captured, then banished from this plane by Hadad. PC can meet Balzaar in the Ganezzar Star Room and Al-Akia. He can inhabit Meru's body if PC will help him. Balzaar wishes to put a world of chaos into order, serried ranks of slaves toiling at ziggurats, working together for the first time since humans crawled out of primordial mud like the gears in an intricate machine. No more wars, no more waste, just the stagnant harmony of obedience. PC may kill him with Agathoth's help or nuke him (alongside with Ganezzar) with Divine Spear nuclear missile. Balzaar correctly assumes that Agathoth's incapacitated, but he thinks (and tells PC) that his vessel must be damaged beyond recovery.

Most probably the greatest Ordu warrior Bolad became a vessel for Ynghaanshungge (aka Yuan-Shagga, aka Shuun-ae the Shining-Serpent). He was killed by Ordu during the War alongside with many Qantari. 4 Ordu's tumens (10,000 men each) out of 17 perished that day.

Xenorath (aka Ull-Xerath) - he rose from the deeps of the sea and slaughtered over a thousand soldiers before the Magi forced him to retreat. Then he most probably had been ambushed and killed by a squad of Imperial Army fusiliers.

Accursed One. Not much is known about his origin or his vessel. Imperial Fleet flying battleship "Pax Imperium" managed to "grave injured" or kill him with the Hellfyre missiles during the War.

PC can talk with "he-who-favors-things-that-are-dead" at the Arch, one of Balzaar's brothers.

Agathoth (aka Thor-Agoth the Artificer, aka Thoragoth, aka Tor-Agathoth, aka Tor-Agoth, aka Tor-Athagoth) - he rebelled against Balzaar and sided with the Empire against Qantari. As a reward for this "act of loyalty", a great ziggurat was built, a mighty structure which served both as his temple and his prison. Within this temple he built many wondrous engines of destruction and power, and taught Magi the knowledge of the stars. The most learned of the Magi monitored Agathoth day and night, distrustful of his motivations, watchful should he betray them. They became enthralled by him with time. When Abu Hassan instructed the Magi in ziggurat to reverse the ritual, thus banish Agathoth from this plane, they turned against him and the Order. These renegade Magi laid Agathoth in a tomb carefully warded against the machines employed against his kind, a place he may rest in safety. Now he is sleeping in his Temple, which PC was asked to find by Antidas/Gaelius/Meru/Balzaar. Old "Witch" Azra cautioned PC against trying to wake up Agathoth as the consequences might be disastrous. Agathoth know this world for what it is. Humans will bow to any fool wearing a golden crown, but they hate and fear that which is different. A tribal mentality. He need one human to be the face that rules the tribes. So that he may rule from the shadows. PC may be that human.

Imperial Army soldier Galath became a vessel for Athazor (aka Gla'ath-Zor the Dreamer, aka Galath-Athazor). He could shape reality with his thoughts. Athazor returned to the void, so Galath gone mad and is sleeping under the bottom of the Abyss in Maadoran. PC may kill him, and gaining the Mind Shield ability.

Hassatur became a vessel for Bar-Hathor the Flamewalker. He could make fire flow like water. His vessel was seriously injured twice during the War and now sleeping in the Mountain Monastery's sacred chamber beyond the Titan’s Gate, locked for eternity.

Probably never figured it out myself: http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php?topic=6568.0

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
I started a new playthrough as a Drifter with skills in social and lore. And it was fun and I got an ending that satisfied, mostly because I allied with house Aurelian and kept Gaelius alive. Have to say, that guy might be the only competent ruler in the empire AND appreciate the work I do.

Still, I want the best ending for my Daratan Praetor at least once so I have to ask: is there an ending that doesn't get me banished, if I don't report my finding of the temple back to Antidas? Does it help, if I convince him to ally with Serenas AND get Meru for him (which is kind of impossible, because I have to be diplomat to convice Antidas AND fight in the battle of Ganezzar, where I go under, because my character is a shitty fighter).

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
Fallout has Per's Ultimate Guide, what about AOD? I have an urge for another playthrough and want to see what things did i miss.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
I'm replaying it right now and instead of doing the usual 1-weapon specialization, I wondered about how a 1H hammer + hand crossbow mix could fare... just knockdown guys with the hammer (has a ridiculous success rate) and then poison + arterial strike with the crossbow when they're lying on the floor... it's an incredibly OP combination. You don't even need to put that many points to crossbow (only have 2 ranks so far, mid-maadoran) because you'll always get a 100% THC when they're knocked down, so any leftover points goes to critical strike. My character right now is an hybrid, which I've always found kind of underpowered in this game but with the hammer+crossbow combo I'm moping the floor with everyone. I can't wait to get the bolter :bounce:

Johannes

Arcane
What do you get for having a 10, in each non-combat skill? Crafting and Alchemy are obviously useful, and some stuff I've unlocked by Lore-10, but where is in the game a trap or a lock thar requires 10 to pass? What can you get with Etiquette-10? And so on.

Also what are the highest Body Count, Combat, Loyalty, Prestige etc. checks in the game?

Last edited:
I'm replaying it right now and instead of doing the usual 1-weapon specialization, I wondered about how a 1H hammer + hand crossbow mix could fare... just knockdown guys with the hammer (has a ridiculous success rate) and then poison + arterial strike with the crossbow when they're lying on the floor... it's an incredibly OP combination. You don't even need to put that many points to crossbow (only have 2 ranks so far, mid-maadoran) because you'll always get a 100% THC when they're knocked down, so any leftover points goes to critical strike. My character right now is an hybrid, which I've always found kind of underpowered in this game but with the hammer+crossbow combo I'm moping the floor with everyone. I can't wait to get the bolter :bounce:

Holy moley, that's a damn cool combination!

I have been wondering about doing a "Spear Windowmaker" character in the future- essentially, no defense, all spear/crit offense, two-handed spear. Anyone that comes near, gets a big ole poisoned spear in the gut. Not as much damage dealing as Windowmaker, but the flip-side is that there's (in theory) extra defense against melee attackers. Probably pump fuckloads of points into Crafting and Alchemy to last longer.

Seems like a recipe to get turned into a pin-cushion but I dunno.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
Holy moley, that's a damn cool combination!

I have been wondering about doing a "Spear Windowmaker" character in the future- essentially, no defense, all spear/crit offense, two-handed spear. Anyone that comes near, gets a big ole poisoned spear in the gut. Not as much damage dealing as Windowmaker, but the flip-side is that there's (in theory) extra defense against melee attackers. Probably pump fuckloads of points into Crafting and Alchemy to last longer.

Seems like a recipe to get turned into a pin-cushion but I dunno.
You'll get rekt anytime there are more than 1 enemy using long-range weapons., specially Xbows. I tried something similar once and some battles were asinine, endless reloading to see if the RNG could smile at me... in fact some were downright impossible (the last battle in the ganezzar fort comes to mind). I don't know how that guy who made the widowmaker did it other than evading those same fights, but his bodycount was awfully high and way above what you could make by "legal" means. I don't rule out the possibility that he cheated.

What do you get for having a 10, in each non-combat skill? Crafting and Alchemy are obviously useful, and some stuff I've unlocked by Lore-10, but where is in the game a trap or a lock thar requires 10 to pass? What can you get with Etiquette-10? And so on.

Also what are the highest Body Count, Combat, Loyalty, Prestige etc. checks in the game?

from what I remember, 10 isn't needed in anything that isn't alchemy/crafting/lore

Johannes

Arcane

from what I remember, 10 isn't needed in anything that isn't alchemy/crafting/lore
Lol, why even have the option to go there then?

And a random question, can I craft non-standard crossbows somehow?

Piotrovitz

Savant
Gonna start my first proper run (never got past Teron) and want to go with fighter/talker hybrid with something like 8/8/8/8/4/4.

Is pumping points in axes/dodge/CS/alchemy/crafting AND persuasion/streetwise viable with such build, or will it dilute me too much?

I'd rather avoid rolling with combat-only mongoloid, but am wondering if putting only couple of points in street/pers is worth anything, if I won't be able to pass most of the checks due to low CHA.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom